Author Topic: Scarborough predicts 'Trump won't seek reelection,' Haley could run instead  (Read 248 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scarborough predicts 'Trump won't seek reelection,' Haley could run instead
By Joe Concha - 10/10/18 01:28 PM EDT

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough predicted Wednesday that President Trump "won't seek reelection in 2020," floating the possibility that his outgoing United Nations ambassador, who announced her resignation the day before, could mount a White House bid.

"There's always been talk about Nikki Haley running, possibly running, in 2020," Scarborough said on “Morning Joe.” "If my theory holds, Donald Trump won't seek reelection."

"And this way, she's not lining up behind [Vice President] Mike Pence," the former GOP congressman continued. "She's getting out in front of everything. And if you get out before the midterm elections, which could possibly go pretty badly, well, then that stain's not on you [because] you were already on your way out."

This is not the first time Scarborough has predicted a 2020 presidential run for the former South Carolina governor. In April, the morning host predicted Haley would defeat Trump in the GOP primary if he did seek reelection.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/410790-scarborough-predicts-trump-wont-seek-reelection-haley-could-run-instead
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Scarborough is wrong.  Again.

I thought that myself when he was first elected.  I thought he would find the job too confining, too difficult and with too much detailed work.

Instead, he seems to thrive on it.  He's over 70 but has the energy of a much younger man and he will run in 2020.

But I hope Nikki Haley will stay in politics; maybe become a Senator. She is great.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.