Author Topic: Give Us The Wall: House GOP Plans Full Blown Legislative Assault On Illegal Immigration  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Give Us The Wall: House GOP Plans Full Blown Legislative Assault On Illegal Immigration

Matt Vespa 

Posted: Oct 09, 2018 5:40 PM

Excerpt:

SCOTUS majority for the next generation, and it allowed the House GOP leadership to get some chutzpah on fighting illegal immigration. Yes, you read that, right? We’ve demanded a wall, going after sanctuary cities, securing the border, and enforcing current federal immigration laws. Now, Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) pretty much promised full legislative offensive against illegal immigration (via CBS News):

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy says he will introduce a bill this week to fully fund a border wall between the United States and Mexico. Building the wall is a campaign promise and rallying cry for President Trump, whose support McCarthy may be seeking as the frontrunner to be the next speaker of the House.

McCarthy is sponsoring the "Build the Wall, Enforce the Law Act," which would dedicate over $23 billion to building the border wall. The bill would also include measures to cut off funds for sanctuary cities and to facilitate deportation and detention of immigrant gang members. Breitbart, a right-wing news site, first reported that McCarthy would introduce the bill.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/10/09/give-us-the-wall-house-gop-plans-full-blown-legislative-assault-on-illegal-immigration-n2526971

this is legislation that helps my family.   If the GOP passes this legislation I will get on the Trump train. The greatest thing is that this legislation will pay for itself.  It will not be on the backs of our children to pay off.  News article below.  Just LA 1.3 Billion in 2 years. 

LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payouts in just 2 years

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/la-made-1-3b-in-illegal-immigrant-welfare-payouts-in-just-2-years

New map: Cost of Illegal immigration by state

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/new-map-cost-illegal-immigration-state-2
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:15:39 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

this is legislation that helps my family.   If the GOP passes this legislation I will get on the Trump train.

I'm sorry my friend.  I know nothing is getting passed this session.  I know somethings that have not been proven true.  Do you know something I don't? 

Offline Chosen Daughter

I'm sorry my friend.  I know nothing is getting passed this session.  I know somethings that have not been proven true.  Do you know something I don't?

Well if it doesn't happen the train is taking off without me.  Its personal.  Its a personal burden in a Sanctuary state.

Illegal immigration costs 135 billion a year.  Common sense legislation that reduces debt.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:26:31 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Well if it doesn't happen the train is taking off without me.  Its personal.  Its a personal burden in a Sanctuary state.

Illegal immigration costs 135 billion a year.  Common sense legislation that reduces debt.

I wouldn't argue you're wrong, only the GOP controlled Senate and House will pass nothing before the elections, and after the elections the rat controlled House will thwart the GOP.

Offline Chosen Daughter

McCarthy to Introduce Border Wall Funding Bill This Week

Speaker hopeful plays to GOP base with conservative immigration enforcement measure

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/mccarthy-to-introduce-border-wall-funding-bill-this-week

Kevin McCarthy??Verified account? @GOPLeader 

Follow Follow @GOPLeader

? More

Few things are more fundamental to a nation than a protected border. Proud to introduce the Build the Wall, Enforce the Law Act. #MAGA

https://twitter.com/GOPLeader?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:39:28 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

I wouldn't argue you're wrong, only the GOP controlled Senate and House will pass nothing before the elections, and after the elections the rat controlled House will thwart the GOP.

While I agree they waited too long I am not going to assume Democrats will control the House.  They should have done this months, or a year ago.  They wait till right before midterms.  We wouldn't be worrying about midterms had the GOP taken care of illegal immigrant business.  I believe that is the biggest issue with voters.  It certainly was the main issue with Trump supporters at his rallies.  Time to deliver is overdue.

While I agree they waited too long I am not going to assume Democrats will control the House.  They should have done this months, or a year ago.  They wait till right before midterms.  We wouldn't be worrying about midterms had the GOP taken care of illegal immigrant business.  I believe that is the biggest issue with voters.  It certainly was the main issue with Trump supporters at his rallies.  Time to deliver is overdue.

They tried several times but couldn't.  I doubt now that the next elections are upon us, they will gain courage...maybe if you re-elected them again.

Offline Chosen Daughter

They tried several times but couldn't.  I doubt now that the next elections are upon us, they will gain courage...maybe if you re-elected them again.

Sadly if it is stopped it is because Republicans don't understand the word illegal.  They are more worried about the affect on their business lobbyists who use illegal immigrants.  But what you are missing in this news is that it may be possible now with the appointment of Kavanagh to the Supreme Court.  That is the difference between now and then.  Read the story.  I only excerpted.

I could be wrong about Republicans being on board.  I hope I am.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I am passionate about this issue also @Chosen Daughter .  I'm not sure the majority of our Republicans understand its importance as we do.  But the narrow margin we have is not helpful.  I am hoping for a red wave.  If we could get a slightly bigger margin, it might give the Republicans in Congress a little courage.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I am passionate about this issue also @Chosen Daughter .  I'm not sure the majority of our Republicans understand its importance as we do.  But the narrow margin we have is not helpful.  I am hoping for a red wave.  If we could get a slightly bigger margin, it might give the Republicans in Congress a little courage.

Well the article said the legislation would be introduced this week.  Donald is the deal maker.  It was his campaign promise.  I am not getting on the train till its done.  I say that any Republican that wants to continue to ignore our border laws should be shamed out of office.

Offline RoosGirl

Is there an election coming up or something?

Offline Frank Cannon

Get with the program. Of course there is. The Irish Presidential election is on the 26th.

Offline corbe

This is indeed encouraging news this will give them time to 'root and branch' the ACA before Christmas, I'm ecstatic.  *****rollingeyes*****
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

This is indeed encouraging news this will give them time to 'root and branch' the ACA before Christmas, I'm ecstatic.  *****rollingeyes*****

Or next Christmas.  wink777

Offline libertybele

@Emjay @Chosen Daughter , I am also very passionate about this issue and for quite awhile worked diligently (more than the average person) to combat illegal immigration.  I found out that at the time I was very active, that most people were not aware of how bad the illegal situation was (is) nor did they even believe it was a problem and I was labeled and called every name in the book and at times the situation became ugly where I (we) had to turn away.

Here we sit more than a decade later and very little has been done.  The Secure Fence Act of 2006 still hasn't been fully implemented due to lack of funding, opposition from within both parties and an America that for the most part remained passive until Trump lit a fire under their seats.  Like him or not, he brought the issue front and center.

We cannot just blame this problem on the left as there have been and are plenty of politicians on the right still unwilling to build the wall; with the current and past Speakers being a huge detriment to to cause.  Those in the House hold the purse strings and things don't look all the promising for them holding their majority.

IF indeed we keep the majority in both Houses I'd say there is a slim chance that we may see a wall before Trump leaves office.  If we lose the majority in either House, it's just never going to happen.  Just my opinion of course, but I think I'm being very realistic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goodwithagun

Yup. Under/over on the GOP using money as an excuse?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Get with the program. Of course there is. The Irish Presidential election is on the 26th.

The only time I care about them is March 17, and only if they have high quality, Catholic distilled aqua vitae.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Emjay @Chosen Daughter , I am also very passionate about this issue and for quite awhile worked diligently (more than the average person) to combat illegal immigration.  I found out that at the time I was very active, that most people were not aware of how bad the illegal situation was (is) nor did they even believe it was a problem and I was labeled and called every name in the book and at times the situation became ugly where I (we) had to turn away.

Here we sit more than a decade later and very little has been done.  The Secure Fence Act of 2006 still hasn't been fully implemented due to lack of funding, opposition from within both parties and an America that for the most part remained passive until Trump lit a fire under their seats.  Like him or not, he brought the issue front and center.

We cannot just blame this problem on the left as there have been and are plenty of politicians on the right still unwilling to build the wall; with the current and past Speakers being a huge detriment to to cause.  Those in the House hold the purse strings and things don't look all the promising for them holding their majority.

IF indeed we keep the majority in both Houses I'd say there is a slim chance that we may see a wall before Trump leaves office.  If we lose the majority in either House, it's just never going to happen.  Just my opinion of course, but I think I'm being very realistic.

Thousands are coming every month.  Our government is failing us.  We as citizens cannot continue to bear the burden of illegal immigration.  I am sick and tire of Washington DC and their spend, spend, spend with our money.  Nothing, nothing is more important than securing the borders. 

I know all you said is true.  I am thankful for people like you who do fight.  But it has to happen with the men and women who are sworn in to protect our country.  As far as I am concerned we have no legal operating government.  They are not upholding our Constitution or laws. 

The problem is that we look at this as a political issue.  It isn't it is a crime. 

Article IV, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

This government owes the citizens of the United States a refund for the illegal taxes collected to provide for illegal aliens who they have allowed to enter because of politics.

Here are the numbers.  If this isn't what the Constitution calls invasion I don't know what is.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:02:23 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You are definitely being realistic.  Our only hope is to hold a Republican majority and hopefully increase it and for President Trump to keep pushing it.  I think he will but the democrats have no interest in it at all.  In fact, they love illegals ... more votes for them.

Offline Chosen Daughter

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

They are breaking their oath.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

They are breaking their oath.

People need to talk to their Representatives and let them know this issue is important to us.

Offline Chosen Daughter

People need to talk to their Representatives and let them know this issue is important to us.

Mine are sanctuary city idiots.

Offline libertybele

Thousands are coming every month.  Our government is failing us.  We as citizens cannot continue to bear the burden of illegal immigration.  I am sick and tire of Washington DC and their spend, spend, spend with our money.  Nothing, nothing is more important than securing the borders. 

I know all you said is true.  I am thankful for people like you who do fight.  But it has to happen with the men and women who are sworn in to protect our country.  As far as I am concerned we have no legal operating government.  They are not upholding our Constitution or laws. 

The problem is that we look at this as a political issue.  It isn't it is a crime. 

Article IV, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

This government owes the citizens of the United States a refund for the illegal taxes collected to provide for illegal aliens who they have allowed to enter because of politics.

Here are the numbers.  If this isn't what the Constitution calls invasion I don't know what is.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

You are absolutely correct, it is a crime and those entering illegally should be punished, though I prefer to fingerprint them, log their stats and send them back over the border making it impossible for them to ever get into this country legally.

Our politicians have failed us on both sides.  Unfortunately, as I mentioned in the last post, those in the House hold the purse strings and they have to allow for $$ within the budget.  Too many people are under the false notion that all Trump has to do is order it to be built.  He does not have the authority.  I honestly believe that he himself didn't realize that until he got into office and then his eyes were opened.

I agree, after our 2nd amendment rights, nothing right now is more important than getting that wall built and stopping the invasion.  The invasion has been going on for decades and our politicians have profited handsomely.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Mine are sanctuary city idiots.

Well, mine are Hawaiians so ....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You are absolutely correct, it is a crime and those entering illegally should be punished, though I prefer to fingerprint them, log their stats and send them back over the border making it impossible for them to ever get into this country legally.

Our politicians have failed us on both sides.  Unfortunately, as I mentioned in the last post, those in the House hold the purse strings and they have to allow for $$ within the budget.  Too many people are under the false notion that all Trump has to do is order it to be built.  He does not have the authority.  I honestly believe that he himself didn't realize that until he got into office and then his eyes were opened.

I agree, after our 2nd amendment rights, nothing right now is more important than getting that wall built and stopping the invasion.  The invasion has been going on for decades and our politicians have profited handsomely.

Interesting idea about Trump @libertybele .  You may be right.  He might have thought that he could get things done easier once he was elected, but he has been disabused of that notion. 

However, I totally trust that he cares about this issue deeply and will continue to fight for it.