Author Topic: ALASKA GOP Considering Whether To Throw Murkowski Out Of GOP For Opposing Kavanaugh  (Read 875 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

ByHank Berrien
October 8, 2018
65.5k views

The Alaska Republican party has requested that Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) submit any information she has that might dissuade them from reprimanding her for opposing Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

As AP reports, “Party Chairman Tuckerman Babcock says the committee could decide to issue a statement. Or he says it could withdraw support of Murkowski, encourage party officials to look for a replacement and ask that she not seek re-election as a Republican.”

Babcock noted that the Alaska GOP has, in the past, withdrawn support for other Republicans who caucused with Democrats.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/36879/alaska-gop-considering-whether-throw-murkowski-out-hank-berrien
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Interesting.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
They should have thrown her out after she ran as a write-in after she lost the 2010 primary. Motives aside, this is long overdue.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
They should have thrown her out after she ran as a write-in after she lost the 2010 primary. Motives aside, this is long overdue.

I didn't follow it that closely but I could never understand how she could lose the primary and win as a write-in.  Seems fishy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What if she opposed Kavanugh not because of the Ford issue, but because of his liberal stance on the 4th Amendment or saying 'Roe is established law' and didn't think it should be over-turned? 

Where does party name loyalty come above party platform loyalty? 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What if she opposed Kavanugh not because of the Ford issue, but because of his liberal stance on the 4th Amendment or saying 'Roe is established law' and didn't think it should be over-turned? 

I wish he hadn't said that, but in the current climate, I guess he had to.  I do not think he will rule that way if, God willing, it ever comes up.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline cato potatoe

The problem is we don't know why she opposed Kavanaugh, because her explanation made no sense.  She acknowledged that he is a good man and the process was unfair, but she appears to have abandoned him under pressure from the mob.  And that really is unacceptable.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The problem is we don't know why she opposed Kavanaugh, because her explanation made no sense.  She acknowledged that he is a good man and the process was unfair, but she appears to have abandoned him under pressure from the mob.  And that really is unacceptable.

She opposed him because one of her largest voting blocs, the Native group, opposed him.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Even  the slimeball that she is, do we really want to transfer one to the "D" column considering how we are sweating out November 6th?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Even  the slimeball that she is, do we really want to transfer one to the "D" column considering how we are sweating out November 6th?

Doesn't she usually vote with them anyway?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Doesn't she usually vote with them anyway?

Yeah, but I sure don't want a dim Senate Majority Leader, committee chairs, etc.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:33:16 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah, but I sure don't want a dim Senate Majority Leader, committee chairs, etc.

True.

Offline skeeter

She opposed him because one of her largest voting blocs, the Native group, opposed him.

I wonder what percentage of Alaska's native population votes GOP. They are only 15% of the population up there.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
True.

In any case...here's her portfolio which has about the clout of the senate dog catcher.

Committee on Appropriations

Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions

Committee on Indian Affairs

Offline cato potatoe

I wonder what percentage of Alaska's native population votes GOP. They are only 15% of the population up there.

Only 8% of the actual voters in 2014, and most of them are reflexively dem.  I can just about guarantee the judge is more popular in Alaska than Maine.  Susan Collins managed to overcome her scruples.

Offline bilo

Sure if we have a 5-6 Pub majority, not if we have a 1 seat majority.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

Only 8% of the actual voters in 2014, and most of them are reflexively dem.  I can just about guarantee the judge is more popular in Alaska than Maine.  Susan Collins managed to overcome her scruples.

I'll go with the Murkowski's reading MSM polls & plans to jump to the 'winning side' after the election theory. Perhaps even giving the rats the majority. She's already been scorned by the state GOP & likely has been plotting her revenge for 8 years now.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:50:42 pm by skeeter »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Sure if we have a 5-6 Pub majority, not if we have a 1 seat majority.

50-50 senate seat post election and she splits?  Talk about a nightmare.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What would this even mean?  This is the State Party.  AZ's State Party pulled all support for McStain, and it didn't mean a thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline NavyCanDo

In Sarah Palin's 2009 book Going Rogue, she wrote allot about Murkowski, describing her then as a phony Republican, deeply imbeding in shady politics and side deals with anyone that keeps her in power and destroy competition. Ran her office like she was the Godfather.only thing missing was a dead horse head.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn