Author Topic: Trump’s Remarkable Week  (Read 717 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump’s Remarkable Week
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:20:35 pm »
https://freebeacon.com/columns/trumps-remarkable-week/

Trump has achieved all of these gains, in such disparate areas of policy, through totally unorthodox means. He brags, he intimidates, he pouts, he jokes, he insults, he is purposefully ambiguous, and he leaves no criticism unanswered. He is unlike any postwar American president, though he shares some qualities with LBJ and Reagan. He is frenetic and polarizing, a showboat and a salesman. His methods are over-the-top, combative, and divisive. In place of the politics of consensus he adopts the politics of confrontation. Where others mindlessly repeat politically correct clichés, Trump unequivocally challenges them. He has ushered in a new era of American politics by dissolving the varnish that obscured fundamental cultural divisions between and within the parties for so long. He is president of a country that is wilder, zanier, and more unpredictable than before. It is also stronger.

Donald Trump is putting the finishing touches on one of the most remarkable weeks of his presidency. For Republicans, it doesn't get much better than this.

Add it to the list.
1 good week. :thumbsup:
Slightly premature congrats to Kavanaugh McConnell and Trump.  I think Kavanaugh will be a solid replacement.
Congrats to Trump on the headlines for USMCA.  If it passes the Congress in 2019, it could be marginally better than NAFTA.

I feel a little dirty admitting this...hope we get some Mueller news soon.

Offline corbe

Re: Trump’s Remarkable Week
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 12:24:37 am »
   Thanks for sharing this @Once-Ler 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 12:27:11 am »

Add it to the list.
Slightly premature congrats to Kavanaugh McConnell and Trump.  I think Kavanaugh will be a solid replacement.
Congrats to Trump on the headlines for USMCA.  If it passes the Congress in 2019, it could be marginally better than NAFTA.

I feel a little weird saying this, but there may be hope for you yet.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 12:37:17 am »

Add it to the list.

See?   Told you that you were "Good People"!    :beer:    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 12:38:41 am »
   Don't let him fool ya @Bigun I, too, on occasion post pro Trump articles such as this to lull you Trumpers into believing that I don't hate his guts.  /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 01:49:18 am »
   Don't let him fool ya @Bigun I, too, on occasion post pro Trump articles such as this to lull you Trumpers into believing that I don't hate his guts.  /s

That's cute @corbe but you can't fool us.  We're way too sharp for that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 07:36:13 pm »
   I don't HATE President Trump @Emjay and quite frankly (no pun intended) some of his most ardent supporters bug me much more than he does. 

Offline the_doc

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 07:50:49 pm »
@corbe
   I don't HATE President Trump @Emjay and quite frankly (no pun intended) some of his most ardent supporters bug me much more than he does.

My sentiments exactly.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 09:14:19 pm »

Well, bless your heart @corbe and I've felt a little sting from that quarter also.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 09:15:06 pm »
@corbe
My sentiments exactly.

I hear you @the_doc and I'll try to curb my obnoxiousness in the future.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 10:41:40 pm »
I hear you @the_doc and I'll try to curb my obnoxiousness in the future.

Oh, I wasn't thinking of you as my nemesis, that's for sure. 

Despite being a NeverTrumper by all of my normal instincts, by the way, I'm publicly super-supportive of President Trump as long as he keeps moving along the path of his already-telegraphed plans for military arrests, prosecutions and even executions of a lot of seditious, treasonous Swamp denizens.  (I'll be reasonably content to see merely a few score executions and a few thousands of sentences of, say, thirty-years-to-life.)

Things are going to get disturbingly interesting pretty soon, I think.