Author Topic: Mitch McConnell: Republican senators ‘decided to stand up to the mob’  (Read 429 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell: Republican senators ‘decided to stand up to the mob’
by Caitlin Yilek
 | October 05, 2018 11:09 PM

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., commended Republicans for refusing to pull their support from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, despite weeks of intense pressure from Democrats and protesters.

“We’ve been under assault,” McConnell told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham on Friday, hours after protesters gathered outside his house in Washington.

Other Republican senators, such as Maine’s Susan Collins and Arizona’s Jeff Flake, have faced constant protests at their offices. Protesters have marched from the Supreme Court to Senate office buildings in support of Christine Blasey Ford, who alleges Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her, and other survivors of sexual misconduct.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-republican-senators-decided-to-stand-up-to-the-mob
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Trump showed them the way.

Plus McCain's demise helped.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump showed them the way.

Plus McCain's demise helped.

We should be grateful this happened before Romney fills McCain's shoes. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We should be grateful this happened before Romney fills McCain's shoes.

I have to admit I have no idea how Romney will perform in Orrin Hatch's Senate seat.  Orrin had his share of spineless "bipartisan" moments, too.  He didn't earn the nick "Booby Hatch" for nothing. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Mitch McConnell: Republican senators ‘decided to stand up to the mob’
by Caitlin Yilek
 | October 05, 2018 11:09 PM

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., commended Republicans for refusing to pull their support from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, despite weeks of intense pressure from Democrats and protesters.

“We’ve been under assault,” McConnell told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham on Friday, hours after protesters gathered outside his house in Washington.

Other Republican senators, such as Maine’s Susan Collins and Arizona’s Jeff Flake, have faced constant protests at their offices. Protesters have marched from the Supreme Court to Senate office buildings in support of Christine Blasey Ford, who alleges Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her, and other survivors of sexual misconduct.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-republican-senators-decided-to-stand-up-to-the-mob

This needs to stop.  These are not 'peaceful protests' ... they are mobs and mobs are dangerous.  The wife of a Senator should not have to sleep with a gun by her bed, although I did that myself for years.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.