Author Topic: Judiciary Committee to charge ahead with vote on Kavanaugh nomination after sexual misconduct allega  (Read 377 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judiciary Committee to charge ahead with vote on Kavanaugh nomination after sexual misconduct allegation
by Melissa Quinn
 | September 14, 2018 02:18 PM

The Senate Judiciary Committee will not pause consideration of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court, charging ahead with filling the high court vacancy after a decades-old sexual misconduct allegation against Kavanaugh was revealed Friday.

Judiciary Committee spokesman Taylor Foy said the committee will proceed with its vote Thursday on Kavanaugh’s nomination. The contentious battle over his confirmation has been roiled by the allegation detailed by an unidentified woman in a July letter sent to Rep. Anna Eshoo, D-Calif.

The letter has not been made public, and Foy said Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and his staff first became aware of its existence on Wednesday evening from news reports. They did not know of the allegation it contained, he said.

According to the New Yorker, the letter describes an incident that occurred in the early 1980s, when Kavanaugh was a student at Georgetown Preparatory School in Maryland. The woman alleges in the letter that Kavanaugh held her down and tried to force himself on her when they were at a party.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/judiciary-committee-to-charge-ahead-with-vote-on-kavanaugh-nomination-after-sexual-misconduct-allegation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent!   They damned well should!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

You mean they’re just going to ‘charge ahead’ and not bring the process to a complete stop because of an anonymous 35 year old charge of a teenage prank the nominee probably had nothing to do with?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This like the Delta house float charging at ramming speed right at the rats.   "Eat me" you rat bastards.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Good move.
Don't go wobbly on us.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Excellent!   They damned well should!

Amen!  I will be glad when Kavanaugh is confirmed and they can turn their attention back to Trashing Trump.  It's their true vocation.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia