Author Topic: Trump weighs replacing Mattis after 2018 midterm elections: Report  (Read 393 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump weighs replacing Mattis after 2018 midterm elections: Report
« on: September 15, 2018, 08:05:55 pm »
Trump weighs replacing Mattis after 2018 midterm elections: Report
by Katelyn Caralle
 | September 15, 2018 10:58 AM

More than a dozen White House officials and confidants of the current secretary of defense said that President Trump is contemplating replacing Jim Mattis with a more vocal Trump supporter after the 2018 midterm elections, according to a report.

The sources told the New York Times that the relationship between Trump and Mattis, once strong, has tarnished over time.

Mattis is not one to publicly declare his loyalty for Trump, and likes to keep the Pentagon free from too much political influence and the idea that the U.S. military could be used for political purposes.

The relationship between the two has become even more strained lately with the release of journalist Bob Woodward’s book earlier this week, where he quotes Mattis as saying Trump has the mental intellect of a “fifth or sixth grader.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-weighs-replacing-mattis-after-2018-midterm-elections-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump weighs replacing Mattis after 2018 midterm elections: Report
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 08:39:53 pm »
Okay.  I doubted this story even before I clicked on it and realized there is nothing there.

Another group of unidentified rumor mongers told the New York Times something and the Times lapped it up and passed it on.

I hope Trump does not replace Mattis.  I think he's a good guy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 09:42:48 pm »
Trump doesn't know up from down.  Right from left.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 10:02:17 pm »
We've talked about it before, that situation in Afghanistan.

It seems, as I've repeated other times, that is why Sebastian Gorka left the Trump administration. I gather, Mattis has been a big proponent for staying there.

Gorka said that after he heard Trump's speech on ramping up troop levels in Afghanistan, he knew "that the anti-MAGA forces were in ascendance."
https://www.businessinsider.com/sebastian-gorka-why-left-the-white-house-2017-8

That's not conclusive but does speak a bit about it.

It's probably things like this and not only this.  I've thought Mattis was doing well on this; but I can see it is very difficult to be in that position.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:03:43 pm by TomSea »