Author Topic: Parkland victim's father and Kavanaugh: The handshake that wasn't  (Read 826 times)

Offline Applewood

Parkland victim's father and Kavanaugh: The handshake that wasn't
« on: September 04, 2018, 11:08:09 pm »
Parkland victim's father and Kavanaugh: The handshake that wasn't

The father of a student killed in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting earlier this year attempted to shake the hand of Brett Kavanaugh during the judge's first day of Senate confirmation hearings to the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday.

"Just walked up to Judge Kavanaugh as morning session ended. Put out my hand to introduce myself as Jaime Guttenberg's dad. He pulled his hand back, turned his back to me and walked away," Fred Guttenberg tweeted. "I guess he did not want to deal with the reality of gun violence."

More at:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/parkland-victim-s-father-kavanaugh-handshake-wasn-t-n906331

Offline Applewood

Re: Parkland victim's father and Kavanaugh: The handshake that wasn't
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 11:09:58 pm »
Well, that's it.  Kavanaugh should be rejected for SCOTUS.   *****rollingeyes*****

I wouldn't have shaken Guttenberg's hand either. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 11:13:31 pm »
The judge had no idea who this guy (there at the invitation of a Dem senator) was. Who tries to force himself on someone who's about to testify at a senate hearing, anyway?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 11:20:33 pm »
Then there's this:
Fred Guttenberg
‏Verified account @fred_guttenberg

Fred Guttenberg Retweeted Matt Deitsch

I will be at Kavanaugh hearings and I hope to play a role in ensuring that this man does not become the next Supreme Court Justice.

Fred Guttenberg added,
Matt Deitsch
Verified account @MattxRed
#BlockBrett

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/senate-democrats-say-documents-show-kavanaugh-lied-under-oath-1300810819721?v=raila …
9:03 AM - 3 Sep 2018
Moron.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 11:20:59 pm »
I heard security intercepted the father of the dead kid before the Judge could even acknowledge him.

Someone is lying.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 11:29:23 pm »
If you look at Fred's tweets, you can see that he's absolutely spittle-spewing full of hatred for Trump. What the heck did Trump have to do with Fred's daughter getting shot and killed? Seems to me the previous president was more responsible, considering his administration ensured that the school district couldn't do anything about that whackjob homicial Cruz kid.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 11:38:45 pm »
I heard security intercepted the father of the dead kid before the Judge could even acknowledge him.

Someone is lying.

How it really went down:
Fred Guttenberg, whose daughter Jamie died in the February 2018 attack, approached Kavanaugh after he rose from the witness table for a lunch break. He put out his hand to Kavanaugh, who paused for a moment before turning away as a security guard stepped in. Afterward, Guttenberg tweeted that Kavanaugh "did not want to deal with the reality of gun violence."

White House spokesman Raj Shah says security intervened before Kavanaugh could shake the hand of the "unidentified individual."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 11:59:56 pm »
If you look at Fred's tweets, you can see that he's absolutely spittle-spewing full of hatred for Trump. What the heck did Trump have to do with Fred's daughter getting shot and killed? Seems to me the previous president was more responsible, considering his administration ensured that the school district couldn't do anything about that whackjob homicial Cruz kid.

Because to the purple faced, spittle flecked leftist the world is all politics.

Ergo the leader of the opposing party is responsible not only for leading the opposition against all your favorite legislation you were depending upon to make everyone else do what you want them to do, but also the black plague, pestilence, herpes, tornados, termites, bunions, your teams lousy batting average, you name it.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 12:22:39 am »
Parkland victim's father slams dad who approached Brett Kavanaugh: 'Stop weaponizing' tragedy

Andrew Pollack, the outspoken father of one of the students killed in the Parkland mass school shooting, slammed the fellow Parkland father who approached Judge Brett Kavanaugh during a break in Tuesday’s heated Supreme Court confirmation hearing.

“Stop weaponizing Parkland to advance a dangerous political agenda!” Mr. Pollack tweeted Tuesday afternoon.

Mr. Pollack, whose 18-year-old daughter, Meadow, was killed in the Feb. 14 shooting, has repeatedly called for stricter school safety and pushed back against claims that mass shootings are a gun issue.

His tweet came after cameras showed Fred Guttenberg, another father of one of the 17 Parkland victims, quickly approaching Judge Kavanaugh with an extended hand before security ushered him away.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/4/parkland-victims-father-slams-dad-who-approached-b/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 12:26:42 am »
I was dropped as a baby.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 12:41:35 am »

How it really went down:
Fred Guttenberg, whose daughter Jamie died in the February 2018 attack, approached Kavanaugh after he rose from the witness table for a lunch break. He put out his hand to Kavanaugh, who paused for a moment before turning away as a security guard stepped in. Afterward, Guttenberg tweeted that Kavanaugh "did not want to deal with the reality of gun violence."

White House spokesman Raj Shah says security intervened before Kavanaugh could shake the hand of the "unidentified individual."

That's exactly how it went down..all this happened in just a few seconds..the photo they are using is just a captured still of the moment..you need to see it in real time..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34