Author Topic: Judicial Watch: Justice Department Discloses No FISA Court Hearings Held on Carter Page Warrants  (Read 2131 times)

Offline mrclose

‘[N]o such hearings were held with respect to the acknowledged FISA applications. Accordingly, no responsive hearing transcripts exist.’

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today announced that in response to a Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, the Justice Department (DOJ) admitted in a court filing last night that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court held no hearings on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) spy warrant applications targeting Carter Page, a former Trump campaign part-time advisor who was the subject of four controversial FISA warrants.

In the filing the Justice Department finally revealed that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court held no hearings on the Page FISA spy warrants, first issued in 2016 and subsequently renewed three times:

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-justice-department-discloses-no-fisa-court-hearings-held-on-carter-page-warrants/

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So it was just a rubber stamp thing?  Why am I not surprised??
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mrclose

So it was just a rubber stamp thing?  Why am I not surprised??

FISA judge signed the warrant based solely on an informal representation by the FBI.

Without proper rigor, records and scrutiny.
Or any due process for this US citizen.

~ Self

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
FISA judge signed the warrant based solely on an informal representation by the FBI.

Without proper rigor, records and scrutiny.
Or any due process for this US citizen.

@endicom

Yep! And I remain unsurprised.  This whole thing STINKS beyond belief and not one damned thing is being done about it!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 09:02:11 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Of course nothing in this regard, falls within the AG's bailiwick.

Somebody suggested that Sessions was the "firewall" mentioned in the Strzok-Page tests or emails.

What a way to end an otherwise fine career.

Sessions is a laughiingstock, except it isn't funny.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This should set a precedent.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mrclose

@endicom

Yep! And I remain unsurprised.  This whole thing STINKS beyond belief and not one damned thing is being done about it!
@Bigun

Bigun, Is there any proof that there actually was a warrant ... or warrants? :shrug:
~ Self

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Bigun

Bigun, Is there any proof that there actually was a warrant ... or warrants? :shrug:

I think so.  There are documents with Judge's signatures that have been released.  It's apparent the Judges didn't give it a single thought, and, as @Bigun says, just rubber-stamped them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mrclose

I think so.  There are documents with Judge's signatures that have been released.  It's apparent the Judges didn't give it a single thought, and, as @Bigun says, just rubber-stamped them.

Remember this?

The National Security Agency and FBI violated specific civil liberty protections during the Obama administration by improperly searching and disseminating raw intelligence on Americans or failing to promptly delete unauthorized intercepts, according to newly declassified memos that provide some of the richest detail to date on the spy agencies’ ability to obey their own rules.

The memos reviewed by The Hill were publicly released on July 11 through Freedom of Information Act litigation by the American Civil Liberties Union.

They detail specific violations that the NSA or FBI disclosed to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court or the Justice Department's national security division during President Obama’s tenure between 2009 and 2016.

https://www.instapaper.com/text?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fpolicy%2Fnational-security%2F343785-newly-declassified-memos-detail-extent-of-improper-obama-era-nsa
~ Self

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mrclose Ayup.  Actually, into 2017.  How many unmaskings did the Ambassador to the UN do in the weeks before 1/20/17?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

All on congress.  Most are not,  for we the people.  Controlled by deep state.  The good ole'  "Boy's club". Trump is NOT one.
-----------------------------
Lindsey Graham: 'There will be holy hell to pay' if Trump fires Sessions

Lindsey Graham says "there will be holy hell to pay" if President Donald Trump fires Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
He also says that removing special counsel Robert Mueller without good reason would be "the beginning of the end" of Trump's presidency.

Jacob Pramuk   | @jacobpramuk
Published 11:09 AM ET Thu, 27 July 2017  Updated 1:58 PM ET Thu, 27 July 2017
CNBC.com

Attorney General Jeff Sessions   Lindsey Graham warns President Trump against firing Jeff Sessions 
7:42 PM ET Thu, 27 July 2017 | 00:48

Sen. Lindsey Graham warned President Donald Trump on Thursday against firing his attorney general — the latest Republican to try to deter Trump from a move that would carry huge consequences for the U.S. government.

"If Jeff Sessions is fired, there will be holy hell to pay," the Republican from South Carolina told reporters, according to video taken by NBC News.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
All on congress.  Most are not,  for we the people.  Controlled by deep state.  The good ole'  "Boy's club". Trump is NOT one.

Lindsey Graham says "there will be holy hell to pay" if President Donald Trump fires Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
He also says that removing special counsel Robert Mueller without good reason would be "the beginning of the end" of Trump's presidency.

CNBC.com

Attorney General Jeff Sessions   Lindsey Graham warns President Trump against firing Jeff Sessions 

Sen. Lindsey Graham warned President Donald Trump on Thursday against firing his attorney general — the latest Republican to try to deter Trump from a move that would carry huge consequences for the U.S. government.

"If Jeff Sessions is fired, there will be holy hell to pay," the Republican from South Carolina told reporters, according to video taken by NBC News.

When it comes to Lindsay. When he dies they won't drop the flag to half mast. Nevermind. The rest of my thought would be MODified.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

CNBC.com

That may be the way it is, but it isn't the way it's supposed to be.

I support @bigheadfred's suggestion of placement of a pointy-toed boot. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline endicom

@endicom

These judges must be just apparatchiki, functionaries. Probably most judges understand they work for the state and not the people.

Offline endicom

CNBC.com

In his favor, Sessions was not yet AG when this came about.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Rubber stamp FISA.  Wow.

Offline mrclose

~ Self

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

@mrclose Tom Fitton and JW are doing incredible work right now.  There is so much that we might only suspect or have never even heard of without the work they are doing. Talk about shining the light on the cockroaches...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:20:08 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mrclose Tom Fitton and JW are doing incredible work right now.  There is so much that we might only suspect or have never even heard of without the work they are doing. Talk about shining the light on the cockroaches...

:thumbsup:
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Absolutely! As are Sara Carter and John Soloman but they will pay the price for that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Absolutely! As are Sara Carter and John Soloman but they will pay the price for that!

Don't forget Kimberly Strassel. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

When it comes to Lindsay. When he dies they won't drop the flag to half mast. Nevermind. The rest of my thought would be MODified.

I agree. It is said he and McCain were butt buddy's. Gang of Eight. Dems and all rino's.

Offline LegalAmerican

That may be the way it is, but it isn't the way it's supposed to be.

I support @bigheadfred's suggestion of placement of a pointy-toed boot.

I totally agree. This is why, people want to drain the swamp.

Offline LegalAmerican

In his favor, Sessions was not yet AG when this came about.

Did you make an error?   Yes, he was. See the date.