Author Topic: Judicial Watch: Justice Department Discloses No FISA Court Hearings Held on Carter Page Warrants  (Read 2130 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

@Sanguine

! No longer available

That is just wow.  It means, anyone, can create any lie, about anyone, and get a warrant !

Offline mrclose

That is just wow.  It means, anyone, can create any lie, about anyone, and get a warrant !

Nope! :nono:

Just our betters!  :tongue2:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

They ain't betting for me.

They for to be betting on eternal life?  Why yes, yes they are.

Too bad they aren't on the same plane...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

Warrants to Spy on Carter Page Obtained Without FISA Court Hearings, DOJ Filing Reveals

A Justice Department (DOJ) filing in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request reveals that neither the initial warrant, nor any of its three renewals, to spy on Carter Page were subjected to a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) hearing for approval.

On Friday, Judicial Watch announced the DOJ’s filing in response to Judicial Watch’s FOIA request regarding the warrants granted to spy on former Trump campaign advisor Carter Page:

“Judicial Watch today announced that in response to a Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, the Justice Department (DOJ) admitted in a court filing last night that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court held no hearings on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) spy warrant applications targeting Carter Page, a former Trump campaign part-time advisor who was the subject of four controversial FISA warrants.”

“In the filing the Justice Department finally revealed that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court held no hearings on the Page FISA spy warrants, first issued in 2016 and subsequently renewed three times:

“[Office of Intelligence] further confirmed that the [Foreign Surveillance Court] considered the Page warrant applications based upon written submissions and did not hold any hearings.”........

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/craig-bannister/warrants-spy-carter-page-obtained-without-fisa-court-hearings-doj
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MOD3

Topics merged.

Online libertybele

Thank you. :)
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

That is NOT what Tom Fitton says, close to the end.  He and I agree. I said that, BEFORE I listened to the whole video. I get it.  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline Hoodat

FISA judge signed the warrant based solely on an informal representation by the FBI.

Without proper rigor, records and scrutiny.
Or any due process for this US citizen.

Due process is outlined here:  https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/1804

Warrant petition requirements:
(a) Submission by Federal officer; approval of Attorney General; contentsEach application for an order approving electronic surveillance under this subchapter shall be made by a Federal officer in writing upon oath or affirmation to a judge having jurisdiction under section 1803 of this title. Each application shall require the approval of the Attorney General based upon his finding that it satisfies the criteria and requirements of such application as set forth in this subchapter. It shall include—

(1) the identity of the Federal officer making the application;

(2) the identity, if known, or a description of the specific target of the electronic surveillance;

(3) a statement of the facts and circumstances relied upon by the applicant to justify his belief that—

(A) the target of the electronic surveillance is a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power; and

(B) each of the facilities or places at which the electronic surveillance is directed is being used, or is about to be used, by a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power;

(4) a statement of the proposed minimization procedures;

(5) a description of the nature of the information sought and the type of communications or activities to be subjected to the surveillance;

(6) a certification or certifications by the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, an executive branch official or officials designated by the President from among those executive officers employed in the area of national security or defense and appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, or the Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, if designated by the President as a certifying official—

(A) that the certifying official deems the information sought to be foreign intelligence information;

(B) that a significant purpose of the surveillance is to obtain foreign intelligence information;

(C) that such information cannot reasonably be obtained by normal investigative techniques;

(D) that designates the type of foreign intelligence information being sought according to the categories described in section 1801(e) of this title; and

(E) including a statement of the basis for the certification that—

(i) the information sought is the type of foreign intelligence information designated; and

(ii) such information cannot reasonably be obtained by normal investigative techniques;

(7) a summary statement of the means by which the surveillance will be effected and a statement whether physical entry is required to effect the surveillance;

(8) a statement of the facts concerning all previous applications that have been made to any judge under this subchapter involving any of the persons, facilities, or places specified in the application, and the action taken on each previous application; and

(9) a statement of the period of time for which the electronic surveillance is required to be maintained, and if the nature of the intelligence gathering is such that the approval of the use of electronic surveillance under this subchapter should not automatically terminate when the described type of information has first been obtained, a description of facts supporting the belief that additional information of the same type will be obtained thereafter.
[/font]

Section 6 certification would have come from either Susan Rice or Andrew McCabe - both proven liars.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@endicom

Yep! And I remain unsurprised.  This whole thing STINKS beyond belief and not one damned thing is being done about it!

@Bigun

What do you expect when the only people in a position to do anything about it are the people doing it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Bigun

What do you expect when the only people in a position to do anything about it are the people doing it?

And, that's it in a nutshell.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

I expect the President to do his duty and clean up the mess!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I expect the President to do his duty and clean up the mess!

@Bigun

Do you REALLY think a president,even Trump,can drain that swamp by himself with no help from Congress?

If anything,congress is working to keep him from cleaning it up because that's where a lot of their money comes from.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Do you REALLY think a president,even Trump,can drain that swamp by himself with no help from Congress?

If anything,congress is working to keep him from cleaning it up because that's where a lot of their money comes from.

@sneakypete

No.  I don't and that is where we come in.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

@Bigun

I totally support your post.  Correct.  Some people WANT president TRUMP, to act like a DICTATOR, when they want, except when they DON'T want him to act like one.  Mitt Romney is a wuss.  Since president TRUMP is not getting paid for this UNGRATEFUL job, and doing it from the goodness of his heart and love of country, No one has the right to demand  anything from my president TRUMP.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

H3ll if he does, hell if he doesn't. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Some men get on my nerves with all their posturing in their "righteousness."  President TRUMP works 100 hour weeks for NO PAY. 
ALL of his accomplishments with all the obstruction from, all over, is a miracle.   MAGAREDPILL.COM

Not one president in my life time, was put through this hell. Now, after about 70 years,,some want everything done, corrected.....
RIGHT NOW!  low I.Q.