Author Topic: 'We are not making sufficient progress': Trump directs Pompeo to cancel North Korea trip  (Read 9820 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'We are not making sufficient progress': Trump directs Pompeo to cancel North Korea trip
by Gabby Morrongiello
 | August 24, 2018 01:57 PM

President Trump directed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Friday to cancel his latest trip to North Korea, citing the regime's insufficient progress on dismantling its nuclear weapons program and escalating tensions between the U.S. and China.

"I have asked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo not to go to North Korea, at this time, because I feel we are not making sufficient progress with respect to the denucelarization of the Korean Peninsula," the president announced in a series of tweets. "Additionally, because of our much tougher Trading stance with China, I do not believe they are helping with the process of denuclearization as they once were."

Pompeo was scheduled to make his fourth trip to Pyongyang next week to continue nuclear negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The State Department announced the trip on Thursday and said Pompeo would be traveling special representative Steve Biegun, who currently serves as vice president of international government affairs for Ford Motors.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/we-are-not-making-sufficient-progress-trump-directs-pompeo-to-cancel-north-korea-trip
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline endicom

The overture to the Norks was just that, a necessary first step in whatever path is taken. If we now take a hardline path then that will be on them and not us.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The overture to the Norks was just that, a necessary first step in whatever path is taken. If we now take a hardline path then that will be on them and not us.

"There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea".

Words mean things.  And bullshit lies spoken to garner emotional euphoria will haunt for the remainder of his tenure.

Rightfully so.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DB

It was already "on them". Clinton made a deal with them to "avoid development of nuclear weapons" providing them all sorts of bennies and they patted themselves on the back for stopping them from getting nukes... It was all lies... They were played as fools...

Offline Night Hides Not

History repeating itself?

There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline endicom

Words mean things.

Not yours.

For instance...

And bullshit lies spoken to garner emotional euphoria will haunt for the remainder of his tenure.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Not yours.

For instance...

Well, I intend to make sure to remind everyone what Trump tweeted every single time events from NK prove that he was full of shit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm shocked to see INVAR is running his mouth on this thread.  He Has two gears.  Hate Trump and Hate Trump more. 

Welcome to the shit show this thread will become.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

Words mean things.

Unfortunately they mean different things to different people. For some, lies are just word weapons as a means to justify an ends. The lies themselves only matter if the lies are scoring points for the other side. Trump's lies are justified because they are aimed at the right enemy and scoring points with them. Much like the "fake but accurate" mantra of the left. Same difference...

Truth and integrity be damned... It's for losers...

Online DB

I'm shocked to see INVAR is running his mouth on this thread.  He Has two gears.  Hate Trump and Hate Trump more. 

Welcome to the shit show this thread will become.

Actually most of what Invar posted were Trump's words... Is Trump "hating" Trump?

Offline Absalom

So we're not making "sufficient progress"(restated as
de-nuclearization has stalled) but I thought there was
'no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea'. Hmm...
Consider the following persona/places a moment:
Rocket Man, Erdogan, Maduro, Xi, Iran and Mexico!
* How many think these watch TV, read papers and are
aware of the quagmire that is slowly engulfing Trump???
* As a consequence, how many think these are far less
inclined to pay any attention to his economic/military
demands; even if they be completely justified?????
One hardly needs to be a clairvoyant to understand
the destructive impact of the goings on involving
Trump and its deadly impact on his Presidency.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Actually most of what Invar posted were Trump's words... Is Trump "hating" Trump?

Only when reminding people of what he said that proves he was a grandstanding lying sack of shit.

THEN, it's 'hate'.

But it was NOT 'hate' when his hordes posted that tweet far and wide with reckless abandon while screaming 'Peace in our time!"

Showcasing to everyone how stupid, moronic  and ridiculous the statement meant, is now 'hate'.  Just as it is when someone points out the stupidity in what a Leftist says.

It is now 'hate' to disagree or criticize stupidity - unless as you said, it is directed at their enemies.  Then it's okay and not 'hate'.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:03:20 pm by INVAR »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I have a suspicion we might be seeing a tweet similar to this one sometime this weekend....

Offline skeeter

Not yours.

For instance...

Remember how much fun the left had with Bush's out of context "Mission Accomplished"?

Online DB

Remember how much fun the left had with Bush's out of context "Mission Accomplished"?

The "Mission Accomplished" was for the sailors on the ship returning back home. They had accomplished their mission.

Now explain how the context changes "There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea" that Trump tweeted. Tweets are virtually void of context from the start.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:30:30 pm by DB »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Leaving out the fact that the message was for the troops returning home, let's put it in the context that the Left wanted to place it : WAS IT ACCOMPLISHED???

Was the overall mission to utterly destroy Al Qaeda and radical Islam in Iraq and A'stan accomplished?????

The appearance of evil and stupidity does not change simply because it's YOUR GUY being stupid or evil.

Trump said that there was "No longer any nuclear threat from North Korea".  A boldfaced, preposterous lie that the foam-at-the-mouth fanbase ate up like flies on dog poop.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:36:54 pm by INVAR »

Offline skeeter

The "Mission Accomplished" was for the sailors on the ship returning back home. They had accomplished their mission.

Now explain how the context changes "There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea" that Trump tweeted. Tweets are virtually void of context from the start.

There's a negotiating principle called 'anticipating compromise'. I believe Trump was trying to encourage Kim, maybe attempting to build a little pressure on him to deliver.

Kinda like potty training toddlers. Are you lying just cause you told them their's was the best BM you've ever seen when you know darn well there's been better?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There's a negotiating principle called 'anticipating compromise'. I believe Trump was trying to encourage Kim, maybe attempting to build a little pressure on him to deliver.

OMG.  You people make Josh Earnest look like an amateur in the Spin/bullshit department!

Offline endicom

That's what I thought Bush was doing with his nice words about Islam. Give the reasonable people something to go for.

Online DB

Kinda like potty training toddlers. Are you lying just cause you told them their's was the best BM you've ever seen when you know darn well there's been better?

Rationalizing away flat out lies is not a good thing. How exactly does "There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea" strengthen the position of the US in any negotiation? It does the opposite actually. It takes the pressure off because the problem is "solved" and resources can be focused on other things.

Online DB

That's what I thought Bush was doing with his nice words about Islam. Give the reasonable people something to go for.

I'll agree with that. But that's apples to oranges.

Offline skeeter

OMG.  You people make Josh Earnest look like an amateur in the Spin/bullshit department!

You know I care a great deal about your opinion of my posts, INVAR. As level headed as you seem to be.

Offline skeeter

Rationalizing away flat out lies is not a good thing. How exactly does "There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea" strengthen the position of the US in any negotiation? It does the opposite actually. It takes the pressure off because the problem is "solved" and resources can be focused on other things.

My answer wasn't so much for you as it was for any other person watching who might be in possession of something approaching an open mind.

But for you: do you REALLY believe Trump thought he could get away with this "lie" and fool the world into believing Kim was nuke free?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:56:40 pm by skeeter »

Online DB

My answer wasn't so much for you as it was for any other person watching who might be in possession of something approaching an open mind.

Open my mind. Tell me how "There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea" strengthens the US negotiating position.