Author Topic: Ted Cruz - Madam's List?  (Read 19688 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Ted Cruz - Madam's List?
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2018, 08:33:22 pm »
Sorry about that.

Be safe!

(Praying for you and yours!)

Same from me, @Emjay

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2018, 08:45:45 pm »
@Emjay, I'm glad you're getting all set for the hurricane, and I'll be thinking about you.  Best wishes, and I hope your electricity stays on!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2018, 08:56:59 pm »
Hah @Sanguine.  I'm looking for the hatches right now so that I can batten them down.

Yes, very rare ... think it last happened in '92 but this one seems to be dangerously close and is supposed to hit Maui tomorrow evening with at least high winds.  Everyone in Kihei was at Safeway yesterday grabbing the bottled water and canned goods.  My biggest fear is electricity.

It's hard for me to live without it even for a day.

Good luck.  Here near the SE Texas gulf coast we see them with much more frequency.  And I imagine there are some FL briefers that had it much worse than us.

In 15 years we've seen:

2005 Rita- $150K damage to property and lights out 3 1/2 weeks
2007 Humberto- Downed a half dozen large trees .  Lights out a half a day
2008- Ike- $15K damage, Lights out 9 days
2017- Harvey- 48' of rain in three days.  Though we didn't flood, I know many many who did.....up to their roof, and total loss.

Hope your prep goes well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:58:33 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2018, 09:02:51 pm »
@Emjay
Adding my thoughts and prayers for safety ... and electricity!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2018, 09:07:08 pm »
If you don't vote for Cruz, you're voting for Beto.  It's a binary choice, doncha know.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2018, 09:32:32 pm »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2018, 09:33:56 pm »
More hideous ad hominems against Briefers.

Is there no bottom to this pit?

That’s all they have.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2018, 09:36:11 pm »
   Maybe all that rain will wash some of that Trump funk off of you @Emjay.   
   Love ya Girl, take care of yourself.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2018, 09:38:46 pm »
   Maybe all that rain will wash some of that Trump funk off of you @Emjay.   
   Love ya Girl, take care of yourself.

Thanks, @corbe.  I plan to stay inside but i do take the occasional shower.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2018, 09:52:11 pm »
Thanks, @corbe.  I plan to stay inside but i do take the occasional shower.

It looks like it's weakening, and they're predicting a left turn.  It should do nothing more than dump a lot of rain on you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2018, 10:21:21 pm »
Why this stupid thread isn't in Members Only by this time speaks volumes.   **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2018, 11:02:40 pm »
That’s all they have.

I guess so.

But "mentally defective" because we don't like Trump, or don't hate Cruz?

That's one serious issue there......    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2018, 11:03:41 pm »
Why this stupid thread isn't in Members Only by this time speaks volumes.   **nononono*

I imagine it will, eventually....

:shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2018, 11:04:05 pm »

Why don't you answer the question that @Night Hides Not has posed and give support to the Madam List issue that one of our new Trump briefers has brought up?

Then perhaps this thread will end, and people will be silenced as you wish we were.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2018, 11:10:49 pm »
Hah @Sanguine.  I'm looking for the hatches right now so that I can batten them down.

Yes, very rare ... think it last happened in '92 but this one seems to be dangerously close and is supposed to hit Maui tomorrow evening with at least high winds.  Everyone in Kihei was at Safeway yesterday grabbing the bottled water and canned goods.  My biggest fear is electricity.

It's hard for me to live without it even for a day.

Good luck.... Hope it all works out.

As to the desperate need for electricity.... If that is the case, why don't you own a generator?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2018, 11:20:25 pm »
That, my friend, is a huge problem with me, as it was with Obama and countless other politicians.

[...]
I'm not perfect, but I try to live my life by taking responsibility for the things I do or fail to do. Trump is not the only politician who shirks responsibility when things don't go their way, but he's the one currently residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Great post @Night Hides Not
I too have learned the lessons of leadership, having been self employed virtually all my working life. Whatever happened to my companies were directly my faults or my successes, regardless of whether those things happened below my station, as is almost always the case.

And so, it is more than irksome to me when I find someone taking credit with victory laps over every little (and usually false) thing, and always having someone to blame.

Anyone who has ever lead knows damn well where the buck stops.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2018, 11:23:02 pm »
Trump has been president for less then 2 years. You NeverTrumpers are boring.

What does the length of his tenure have to do with him (and you) taking responsibility?

Silver Pines

« Reply #242 on: August 22, 2018, 11:32:41 pm »
Same here.  I've done my best to give him the accolades when earned, but the zealots here do their best to make me want to despise him.

@catfish1957

Dude, stay away from Twitter... trust me.  You wouldn’t believe some of them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #243 on: August 22, 2018, 11:51:24 pm »
You have been asked repeatedly not to lie about anyone on this forum preferring Hillary.

Stop lying.

Please.

It’s hideous.

@musiclady

I have an uncomfortable truth for you. Uncomfortable truths aren't lying.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2018, 11:52:19 pm »
More hideous ad hominems against Briefers.

Is there no bottom to this pit?

@musiclady

If there is I am sure you are looking up from it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2018, 11:57:17 pm »
Why don't you answer the question that @Night Hides Not has posed and give support to the Madam List issue that one of our new Trump briefers has brought up?

Then perhaps this thread will end, and people will be silenced as you wish we were.

See @DCPatriot   It's all your fault.   :laugh:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2018, 12:15:45 am »
Good luck.... Hope it all works out.

As to the desperate need for electricity.... If that is the case, why don't you own a generator?

Well @roamer_1   I need a generator about as much as I need Shark repellent.  There has not been a hurricane in Hawaii since '92. 

I need electricity because 1) it is hotter than the hot place and we need AC; 2) I need TV; 3) I need a computer.

But thanks for the good wishes.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2018, 12:50:12 am »
Well @roamer_1   I need a generator about as much as I need Shark repellent.  There has not been a hurricane in Hawaii since '92. 

I need electricity because 1) it is hotter than the hot place and we need AC; 2) I need TV; 3) I need a computer.

But thanks for the good wishes.

@Emjay
 :shrug: We don't ever have hurricanes up here, but I have a generator... My needs are less than yours - I can only keep the fridge, freezer, and networking running... and the odd light or two... and charge the laptop/phone/tablet... I am reduced to BBQ for cooking (damn! LOL!) But I have found need for it on several occasions over the last five years. Granted, never more than a half day outage so far, but since I have it, I use it.

You might look into it - Generators are not that expensive if they are used, and if you are buying when there isn't a need...

And the wishes are heartfelt, our differences aside.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2018, 12:57:02 am »
@Emjay
 :shrug: We don't ever have hurricanes up here, but I have a generator... My needs are less than yours - I can only keep the fridge, freezer, and networking running... and the odd light or two... and charge the laptop/phone/tablet... I am reduced to BBQ for cooking (damn! LOL!) But I have found need for it on several occasions over the last five years. Granted, never more than a half day outage so far, but since I have it, I use it.

You might look into it - Generators are not that expensive if they are used, and if you are buying when there isn't a need...

And the wishes are heartfelt, our differences aside.

Thinking seriously about a full service backup generator.  In the last 15 years, I can think of at least 12-15 times we'd need it.  Hurricanes, ice storms, brown outs.   Add the fact,  don't think the NG supply ever went down...  even during Rita.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #249 on: August 23, 2018, 01:14:05 am »
Thinking seriously about a full service backup generator.  In the last 15 years, I can think of at least 12-15 times we'd need it.  Hurricanes, ice storms, brown outs.   Add the fact,  don't think the NG supply ever went down...  even during Rita.

If you have NG, that's the ticket! I converted my little 2.5kw generator myself. It's not that difficult. And  I used a NG tap I had for an old gas bbq. I was out of power for just under 2 weeks after Rita. I cooked in the breezeway on a 2 burner propane stove.  After Rita, did you see all the people lined up at the gas stations with all their small gas jugs for their generators? I had originally converted my gen to propane. I had a 60# bottle. After almost a week it was getting low. I had to drive almost to Angleton to find propane. It occurred to me then to plumb it to the NG. All I had to do was adjust the regulator.