Author Topic: Another Prominent Anti-Trump Republican Just Went Down In Minnesota. Here's Why This Keeps Happening  (Read 22336 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The enemy of my enemy is  my friend. @Emjay?

You agree with the snark and sarcasm against those who believe that morality in American culture is better than amorality?

It is "talking sense" to mock Christianity?  It is "talking sense" to say that times are better now when America is besieged with the amorality of the left, propagandized about homosexuality, promiscuity and self-absorbtion??

Really??  This is what you believe??

I've known you for years and I never would have guessed that you believe immorality is actually better than morality.   :shrug:

I cannot even fathom what could possibly lead you to the conclusion that I am in favor of immorality.

I am not.

I'm not in favor of stupidity either but I can't seem to eradicate it around here.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
They have been woefully and grievously misinformed. Purposefully misinformed.
And without the wherewithal to extend an argument beyond 140 char, and draw their attention for more than catch phrases and money shots, they will remain that way.

What a pity.

Unfortunately it seems in the desire to restore our Christian Foundings we chose a man openly immoral.  I have posted the list of representatives who have been found guilty of various corruptions and sexual immorality.  They come from both sides of the government.  This government is run by people who desire wealth above serving.  I am not sure how they thought Trump who is proven to get his wealth through shady transactions and not paying people was goint to bring the country back.  To me it was proven.  No matter how Manafort and Cohen wound up in court (meaning they would not have hadn't it been for Mueller investigation) they are still corrupt.  But being the man that Trump is he comes to the defense saying Manafort is a good man.  No, Manafort is a man who makes his living being corrupt.  He is so greedy that he breaks the law. And if we think that Trump has not done the same in his business dealings we would be sadly mistaken.  He has had many rounds in court.

So I can say when Trump does good things they are good.  But it isn't because of his moral character.  And he is no different than the government swamp he claims he is going to drain.

If the church was looking for a man chosen by God to restore law and order in government it isn't Trump.  So the church does have to buy into immorality to gain what they want.  And this Trump is Cyrus stuff is garbage.  There isn't a bit of history that says King Cyrus was an immoral man.  He may not have been a Jew but he did acknowledge God as the only God.  Its quite interesting.  Still couldn't find information that said he was a bad man ever.  King David did sin.  What he did was a horrible sin ad he was punished.  But David was loyal to Saul.  Even when Saul wanted him dead.  And he did not take pleasure in Sauls death.  The Apostle Paul talks about doing things he does not want to do.  But he never says I don't need forgiveness.  And he killed Christians until he met Jesus and gave his life over to the Lord.  We can't imagine.  Everyone knew who he was and he didn't try to hide it.  It had to be by the Lord that he was accepted and his faith became evident for all to see.

Maybe to many this is ramblings without reason.  What I am saying is Trump has bought and sold favors in this very corrupt government.  He surrounded himself early with the swamp, but it wasn't the wrong swamp because they were on his side.  If he was the restoration man who was supposed to be chosen by God he would be tweeting about his faith in God.  Leaning on Gods understanding instead of his own.  Not fearing any investigation because fear is not from God.  Standing firm on Gods Word instead of  tweeting insecurity about witch hunts.  A man of God does not draw on men of corruption to run a government.  Even the woman Amarosa.  He hired and she caused havoc.  If God was orchestrating a government would it be in chaos?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:54:41 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

I cannot even fathom what could possibly lead you to the conclusion that I am in favor of immorality.

I am not.

I'm not in favor of stupidity either but I can't seem to eradicate it around here.

Read your words of approval to the mockery of those who stand for morality.

IS the enemy of your enemy your friend, or are you going to stand on your own for your own belief in the moral principles this country was founded on?  Are you going to stand with the mockers of people of faith, or stand on your own in support of the faith we (and you) believe in?

Or is it impossible to "talk sense" to you?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Read your words of approval to the mockery of those who stand for morality.

IS the enemy of your enemy your friend, or are you going to stand on your own for your own belief in the moral principles this country was founded on?  Are you going to stand with the mockers of people of faith, or stand on your own in support of the faith we (and you) believe in?

Or is it impossible to "talk sense" to you?

I will reply to you one more time and never again.  You cannot be reasoned with.  I can only guess that you resented my supporting @Right_in_Virginia on a post she made, because that is the only post I've made on this desiccated  thread in a long time.

Please don't make foolish accusations against me again.  It hurts both of us.

Offline musiclady

I will reply to you one more time and never again.  You cannot be reasoned with.  I can only guess that you resented my supporting @Right_in_Virginia on a post she made, because that is the only post I've made on this desiccated  thread in a long time.

Please don't make foolish accusations against me again.  It hurts both of us.

I'm asking a serious question here because your approval of RiV's ripping Christianity is puzzling.

Do you agree that America is better with less Christian influence, as she does, or do you not?

If you don't, then your approval of her post was not what you actually believe (as I suspect is true).

I'm not 'accusing.'  I'm clarifying.  Because I don't believe you meant what you intended when you said you agreed with her.  You just don't like the people she was mocking in her post. (which, btw, includes me).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm asking a serious question here because your approval of RiV's ripping Christianity is puzzling.

Do you agree that America is better with less Christian influence, as she does, or do you not?

If you don't, then your approval of her post was not what you actually believe (as I suspect is true).

I'm not 'accusing.'  I'm clarifying.  Because I don't believe you meant what you intended when you said you agreed with her.  You just don't like the people she was mocking in her post. (which, btw, includes me).

Oh, Good Lord.  You WILL NOT give it up.  I entered that discussion at the end.  I don't know what went on before I saw @Right_in_Virginia's post.  All I saw was her assertion that America was not perfect in the past, and it was not.  And I saw ignorant, self-righteous people insulting and abusing her.  I just wanted to give her a friendly pat.

Because I give someone a friendly pat does not mean I believe everything that person thinks or stands for, but I do think RIV is at least as moral as some of the people who were abusing her.

Now, can we PLEASE end this ridiculous discussion?

Offline musiclady

Oh, Good Lord.  You WILL NOT give it up.  I entered that discussion at the end.  I don't know what went on before I saw @Right_in_Virginia's post.  All I saw was her assertion that America was not perfect in the past, and it was not.  And I saw ignorant, self-righteous people insulting and abusing her.  I just wanted to give her a friendly pat.

Because I give someone a friendly pat does not mean I believe everything that person thinks or stands for, but I do think RIV is at least as moral as some of the people who were abusing her.

Now, can we PLEASE end this ridiculous discussion?

Actually, not one person she was mocking said "America was perfect in the past."  Her point was entirely pointless, other than to mock.

And the men and women you accuse and call "ignorant," are the ones who have Biblical knowledge to support their positions and have over and over again given facts to support their views.  In fact, the entire history of our country supports their views.

RiV was not the abused.  She was the abuser.

Now this conversation will end.  I understand which side you are on, and that you never, ever again want me to call you on it.

I concede, and will not do it again.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There are times when my inherent male immaturity presses me to say something stupid for my own amusement.  Like....

Catfight!

Then my better judgement takes over, and I don't.  That usually saves me from said females teaming up against me.

Offline roamer_1

Unfortunately it seems in the desire to restore our Christian Foundings we chose a man openly immoral.

Shiny things. I cannot believe it of Conservatives... That they would be swayed by sensationalism. That the 'Big Show' would attract them more than the actual record, but that seems to be the case.

I still don't believe that to be the case. And while not impugning the character of those holding their nose and trying to make lemonade out of bullshit... The events of this election only cause me to question the 'conservatism' of his acolytes.

The record is plain, and I will stand on that. Thinking a leopard changed his spots overnight the day after the election was secured is beyond my ability to suspend disbelief.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Cyrus’s decree releasing the Jewish people, in fulfillment of prophecy, is recorded in 2 Chronicles 36:22–23: “Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom and also put it in writing: ‘Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, “The LORD, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth, and he has charged me to build him a house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Whoever is among you of all his people, may the LORD his God be with him. Let him go up.”’” Other Old Testament books that mention Cyrus include Ezra and Daniel.

King Cyrus actively assisted the Jews in rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem under Zerubbabel and Joshua the high priest. Cyrus restored the temple treasures to Jerusalem and allowed building expenses to be paid from the royal treasury (Ezra 1:4–11; 6:4–5). Cyrus’s beneficence helped to restart the temple worship practices that had languished during the 70 years of the Jews’ captivity. Some commentators point to Cyrus’s decree to rebuild Jerusalem as the official beginning of Judaism.

Among the Jews deported from Judah and later placed under the rule of Cyrus include the prophet Daniel. In fact, we are told Daniel served until at least the third year of King Cyrus, approximately 536 BC (Daniel 10:1). That being the case, Daniel likely had some personal involvement in the decree that was made in support of the Jews. The historian Josephus says that Cyrus was informed of the biblical prophecies written about him (Antiquities of the Jews, XI.1.2). The natural person to have shown Cyrus the scrolls was Daniel, a high-ranking official in Persia (Daniel 6:28).

Besides his dealings with the Jews, Cyrus is known for his advancement of human rights, his brilliant military strategy, and his bridging of Eastern and Western cultures. He was a king of tremendous influence and a person God used to help fulfill an important Old Testament prophecy. God’s use of Cyrus as a “shepherd” for His people illustrates the truth of Proverbs 21:1, “The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.”

https://www.gotquestions.org/Cyrus-Bible.html

Another thing.  The Bible is clear.  In the last days there are trials and tribulations.  The end times is described as increasing birth pains until Jesus returns.  Every government and every nation will increase in corruption tyranny, and immorality.  They will kill Christians for Christ name.  America is no exception.  Sorry for those who believe there is a savior before The Savior.  I am sure that most all of Trumps spiritual advisors do believe we are living in the End Times.  Yet they somehow believe that they will escape the things Jesus described because we are America.  Look around.  And look within.  Look to the Word of God.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Shit-stirrers tend to bring out the claws, which almost always results in making themselves out to be the victim and meowing about it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Actually, not one person she was mocking said "America was perfect in the past."  Her point was entirely pointless, other than to mock.

And the men and women you accuse and call "ignorant," are the ones who have Biblical knowledge to support their positions and have over and over again given facts to support their views.  In fact, the entire history of our country supports their views.

Now this conversation will end.  I understand which side you are on, and that you never, ever again want me to call you on it.

I concede, and will not do it again.

She was definitely abused and by the same holier than thou people who constantly proclaim their perfect morality on this forum.  I despise all of them and Jesus would too.

Offline musiclady

She was definitely abused and by the same holier than thou people who constantly proclaim their perfect morality on this forum.  I despise all of them and Jesus would too.

I thought you wanted the conversation to be over.  :shrug:

It's over.

Offline musiclady

It just helps me realize that liberty here in this country is not coming back and that John Adams' statement regarding liberty lost, was in effect a prophecy that is being fulfilled.

This people do not want liberty or the morality that is necessary to maintain it.  They have grown to dispose and loathe those things as much as the Left has, which is why like the Left - they empower politicians and government to impose what they think they want and gravitate to cheerleading venal and crass men who say what they want to hear.

Exactly right.

“But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.”

Mr. Adams knew whereof he spoke, and we are seeing it happen.

Offline roamer_1

I thought you wanted the conversation to be over.  :shrug:

It's over.

Well I think that last bit answered your question. Jussayin.  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline musiclady

There are times when my inherent male immaturity presses me to say something stupid for my own amusement.  Like....

Catfight!

Then my better judgement takes over, and I don't.  That usually saves me from said females teaming up against me.

Not a catfight.  It takes two for that, and I ain't participating.  happy77

Offline musiclady

Well I think that last bit answered your question. Jussayin.  :shrug: :whistle:

I know........ right???  :laugh:

Offline musiclady

Shiny things. I cannot believe it of Conservatives... That they would be swayed by sensationalism. That the 'Big Show' would attract them more than the actual record, but that seems to be the case.

I still don't believe that to be the case. And while not impugning the character of those holding their nose and trying to make lemonade out of bullshit... The events of this election only cause me to question the 'conservatism' of his acolytes.

The record is plain, and I will stand on that. Thinking a leopard changed his spots overnight the day after the election was secured is beyond my ability to suspend disbelief.

Election results do not transform characters.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Not a catfight.  It takes two for that, and I ain't participating.  happy77

Hell, woman, you started the dang thing.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You're throwing your words around like missiles @musiclady   Maybe you need to take a nice timeout and refresh yourself with some holy water.  You're having a difficult time maintaining your "Christian" façade.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Election results do not transform characters.

Seems to me that if it was like Quix told me the other day that Trump was Gods Chosen and there are prophesies dating back that Trumps character would have been righteously polished by the election.  He sure wouldn't be saying his favorite verse was eye for eye.  Certainly he wouldn't say I don't need forgiveness.  And I don't believe his cabinet and advisors were all divine appointment either.

Offline musiclady

Seems to me that if it was like Quix told me the other day that Trump was Gods Chosen and there are prophesies dating back that Trumps character would have been righteously polished by the election.  He sure wouldn't be saying his favorite verse was eye for eye.  Certainly he wouldn't say I don't need forgiveness.  And I don't believe his cabinet and advisors were all divine appointment either.

Some people have convinced themselves of what they want to believe.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Shouldn't this thread, be moved now to the Religion category?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Now, now @musiclady  --- You know very well I was not "ripping Christianity".  I was ripping *you*--- a preacher who doesn't know and doesn't feel the true spirit of Jesus' words.  I consider you the high priestess of the Christian Pharisee (and this is not a compliment, dear).

If you don't want to hear what I think of you @musiclady --- stop lying about me.  This should be a simple goal to accomplish for such a good, Christian woman as yourself.  888blackhat

Offline musiclady

Shouldn't this thread, be moved now to the Religion category?

Only if discussions of the foundation of America and its history are all moved to "religion."

The two discussions are intertwined.