Author Topic: World Remains Blind To 'Ticking Time Bomb' Countdown To War On Australia's Doorstep  (Read 3721 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
zerohedge
Tyler Durden Aug 10. 2018

[excerpt]

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-10/world-remains-blind-ticking-time-bomb-counting-down-war-australias-doorstep

A “TICKING time bomb” on Australia’s doorstep is counting down to war - and an expert says the world is blind to it.

Authored by Gavin Fernando viaNews.com.au,

A MAJOR new war is looming - and this one sits worryingly close to home.

Asia is at risk of descending into a region-wide crisis with global implications, a leading expert in Asia-Pacific affairs has warned.

Dr Brendan Taylor, Associate Professor at ANU Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs, argues Asia is at a dangerous crossroads in his new book The Four Flashpoints: How Asia Goes to War.

A lot is happening in the northeast. China is set to overtake the United States as the world’s dominant power over the next decade. Questions remain over Kim Jong-un’s supposed dismantling of his nuclear arsenal. Japan is building up its military power again, and regional battles for ownership of lucrative oceans are intensifying.

At the same time, Asia is going through a series of individual crises that feed off and escalate one another — a similar pattern that occurred before the outbreak of World War I and II.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Peace, through Strength.

Reagan's Doctrine, Now Trump's.

No point discussing war and peace @ the Hub, when we can serve-volley Trump-negative articles around the clock, 24-7

until the "foundational principles" are delivered from the pulpit to the "true conservatives"

Throw in daily rounds, of claims Trump is Hitler; his supporters are Nazis.

Wash, repeat, all day, every day.

Ad infinitum. Ad boredom. Ad boredom.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No point discussing war and peace @ the Hub, when we can serve-volley Trump-negative articles around the clock, 24-7

@truth_seeker

What do you mean by "the Hub?"  Is that code for something?  I've seen it more frequently lately....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Wulf Anson Author
@truth_seeker

What do you mean by "the Hub?"  Is that code for something?  I've seen it more frequently lately....

I too am 'a little' uncertain as to 'the hub' Although, I probably shouldn't be.

Since I've seen members here shoulder the "Bad Trump! Stupid Trump! Evil Trump!" Ax over the horrific human rights violation of economic tariffs in retaliation against China's tariffs and trade restrictions against us, because, that dirty SOB Trump is going to increase the price of a personal effing Streaming Player right out of their personal Free Trading wallet.

And the best Argument that crowd continually raises is quoting Milton Freidman internet memes.

Don't worry, China will get Their Commupance all on their own according to the Freidman memes, and that'll Show Them!

I like Freidman too but it needs to be pointed out, or "Noted" that China's rulebooks are The Art of War and The Prince.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:54:58 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline skeeter

I too am 'a little' uncertain as to 'the hub' Although, I probably shouldn't be.

Since I've seen members here shoulder the "Bad Trump! Stupid Trump! Evil Trump!" Ax over the horrific human rights violation of economic tariffs in retaliation against China's tariffs and trade restrictions against us, because, that dirty SOB Trump is going to increase the price of a personal effing Streaming Player right out of their personal Free Trading wallet.

And the best Argument that crowd continually raises is quoting Milton Freidman internet memes.

Don't worry, China will get Their Commupance all on their own according to the Freidman memes, and that'll Show Them!

I like Freidman too but it needs to be pointed out, or "Noted" that China's rulebooks are The Art of War and The Prince.

China will realize the error of their ways when they find themselves saddled with the cost of two or three more carrier battle groups.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It sounds to me like it's code for:  "TBR is a rat's nest of Never Trumpers at the direction/acquiescence of its owner and Moderators." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

Requested that I remove the post and I have no problem with that.  Besides being way off topic it was inflammatory.     

*The Mods are more than fair with Trumpers and Nevers alike and I appreciate their efforts.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:22:24 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

Works for me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Works for me.

Sounds more like a gay bar, to me.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

@truth_seeker

He's just calling TBR names...

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Sounds more like a gay bar, to me.   :shrug:

Utica had a gay bar many years ago with that moniker... :whistle:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Utica had a gay bar many years ago with that moniker... :whistle:

Bing it.  A lot of towns do. :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This is what is generally different about the world news forum, to keep away from the politics talk.

Okay, the above got a bit convoluted to follow but let's just address the issues and primarily the article in post one because it is something to think about. No more in-forum fighting.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is what is generally different about the world news forum, to keep away from the politics talk.

Okay, the above got a bit convoluted to follow but let's just address the issues and primarily the article in post one because it is something to think about. No more in-forum fighting.

I'll call out people denigrating TBR wherever I see it.

Back to the thread...
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I'll call out people denigrating TBR wherever I see it.

Back to the thread...

Maybe you could also call out" people" that repeatedly label Trump supporters to be Nazis, and things like that. Because that too, is denigrating, violates stated forum rules, yet continues daily.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe you could also call out" people" that repeatedly label Trump supporters to be Nazis, and things like that. Because that too, is denigrating, violates stated forum rules, yet continues daily.

I have no idea what Mods are telling people privately.  Do you?  I've seen warnings and edits of all sides.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

Hyperbole much? @truth_seeker
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I came across this Mod comment on a now-locked thread.  I think it makes some applicable points.

Second, the MOD comment was posted because of several NTs posting some provocative comments to some of the ATs in an apparent attempt to further derail the thread.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,314010.msg1761641.html#msg1761641

@truth_seeker
I will NOT comply.

• Wulf Anson Author
China will realize the error of their ways when they find themselves saddled with the cost of two or three more carrier battle groups.

@skeeter

And it appears they've got ways to go, even with their gargantuan new slingshot.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:42:57 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline GrouchoTex

Peace, through Strength.

Reagan's Doctrine, Now Trump's.

until the "foundational principles" are delivered from the pulpit to the "true conservatives"

Throw in daily rounds, of claims Trump is Hitler; his supporters are Nazis.

Wash, repeat, all day, every day.

Ad infinitum. Ad boredom. Ad boredom.

I disagree.
When the first comment after the article posted is one like this, it means one of two things.

(1)You want to turn everybody off from having a discussion on this topic, unless they are Trump supporters, which doesn't' really add up, in this particular case.
(2) You just want to stir up stuff.

Which one?

Offline Suppressed

@truth_seeker
Searches don't seem to reveal the supposed daily calling Trump's supporters "Nazis", so either the Mods are doing a great job removing them (which shows your complaint to be without merit), or my Search-fu is insufficient.  Since you made the claim, Would you please post the proof under which you are burdened?  Please just provide links to a few of these "daily" occurrences.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 04:46:48 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

• Wulf Anson Author
I disagree.
When the first comment after the article posted is one like this, it means one of two things.

(1)You want to turn everybody off from having a discussion on this topic, unless they are Trump supporters, which doesn't' really add up, in this particular case.
(2) You just want to stir up stuff.

Which one?

I disagree. Nobody here wants Trump's critics silenced.

What we Want from them is Something, . . . Anything, . .  . that goes beyond WAAAAA! CRYYYY! BITCH! I'm Upset, so There!

If the NT crowd actually Has anything to say we're all ears.

• Wulf Anson Author
@truth_seeker
Searches don't seem to reveal the supposed daily calling Trump's supporters "Nazis", so either the Mods are doing a great job removing them (which shows your complaint to be without merit), or my Search-fu is insufficient.  Since you made the claim, Would you please post the proof under which you are burdened?  Please just provide links to a few of these "daily" occurrences.

Thanks!

How about 1 member who went on for Months thread jumping to repeatedly call POTUS "A lying sack of shit."

Search that one for substantive, grown up content.

Why do you think I bothered to post all of these news articles on China?

After all the NT howling about tariffs, as if China were a big fan of Milton Freidman.

Anyone here says Boo! about being tired of the never ending 1 dimensional, empty of substance rants about there being no difference in the 2 sides of our Uniparty, as embodied in our current POTUS gets attacked in forum by the usual subjects as trying to deny them the podium.

Trump critics get the floor here, any and every time they want it, and I'm having trouble remembering those of us who see this Administration as actually trying to accomplish things, trying to Silence any of the embittered NT members here.

Feels like trying to debate a Democrat playing the perennial victim card.

So give us a break with this. I'm sick to my guts of whiney NTs here accusing us of attempting to Silence them.

WHY do you think I bothered, spent my Time, looking up and posting all these articles about Who and What China is?

After I get accused, in forum, of being unbalanced through 'Projecting'?

Offline GrouchoTex

Interesting, that article doesn't mention tariffs.

BTW, since you've brought it up, your argument for them has the same merit as the 15 dollar an hour minimum wage for burger flippers.
All you have to do is replace " effin' streaming player" with "Quarter pounder with cheese" and you are making the case for higher price products to help your fellow American fast food workers.

The results will be the same.Less consumer choice, higher prices, and higher unemployment, and more automation.
Please go ahead tell us about how Friedman was wrong.
I'm sure those on the burger flipping new left, and higher tariff new right will all nod in agreement.

Offline GrouchoTex

I disagree. Nobody here wants Trump's critics silenced.

What we Want from them is Something, . . . Anything, . .  . that goes beyond WAAAAA! CRYYYY! BITCH! I'm Upset, so There!

If the NT crowd actually Has anything to say we're all ears.

@To-Whose-Benefit?
I'm not buying it.
In @truth_seeker's post, the 1st and second sentences are fine.
Sentences 3 to 8 are his version of " WAAAAA! CRYYYY! BITCH!
What is it trying to accomplish?

Guys, this is silly, which is why I responded the way I did.
An article about the possibility of armed conflict in the Pacific, but the first 2 post don't even bring that up, just sour grapes.
I don't know why I should care, because I'm not NT.
One can dislike the idea of tariffs and still not be NT.
It just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.

Why is everybody (myself included) on edge?

Things are going pretty damn well.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:51:48 am by GrouchoTex »