Author Topic: Trump: I ‘destroy careers’ of Republicans who say bad things about me  (Read 6505 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Wait, what?

I assume it's a reference to clutching pearls to your bosom.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He said 'destroy their careers'.  He did not say 'defeat them in an election'.  Big difference.

While the public has the power to destroy careers via our votes or patronage of businesses, officials elected to office bragging about destroying the careers of those who do not 'say nice things about me' - the 'hyperbole' if Obama had said that would be discarded in a nano-second by those now excusing it because Trump said it.

I do not want a president bragging about 'destroying' other Americans, period.  Totalitarians speak that way.  Not Presidents.

Like Hell it is a big difference.  Politicians are in the business of getting elected. 

I agree with the rest of what you said, by and large.  I don't particularly care for his hyperbole on display there.  But I don't lose sight of the fact that that's what it is:  hyperbole.  Red meat to stoke a crowd into doing something.  Nobody says he's eloquent, or even not ham-handed about it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline darroll

By memory:
When Trump first ran for the big job he said he was thinking of moving his family and businesses to Scotland.
He won and here he is.
The what ever's continue to attack him and his family. I would do the same thing.
Do we want him acting like Carter. Carter sat there and let the press trash his family. BS
Carter was a chicken sheet.

Online DB

Sure, OK.  I did say YMMV. 

I think there are a lot of politicians who would love to "destroy" Trump, and I mean the word in the most strict of ways (they want him out, and also impoverished financially).  Governor John Kasich, is but one example, and has done nothing but try to "destroy" Trump since before the election.  They are not likely to succeed, but rather they are driving neutral people into the Trump camp.

Except a lot of Republicans obviously voted for Kasich. Alienating them doesn't help the Republican cause.

And I'll confess... I didn't know what YMMV meant... Had to look it up... I thought it had some religious meaning of forgiveness... Okay now I'm embarrassed...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I think there are a lot of politicians who would love to "destroy" Trump, and I mean the word in the most strict of ways (they want him out, and also impoverished financially).  Governor John Kasich, is but one example, and has done nothing but try to "destroy" Trump since before the election.  They are not likely to succeed, but rather they are driving neutral people into the Trump camp.

Maybe Trump should be thanking him then.

Online Right_in_Virginia

No matter how you slice that it is destructive. The GOP is being fractured into many pieces where many share common ground but you have to choose his way or your out.

So you stand shoulder to shoulder with John McCain and Jeff Flake?   

Offline darroll

Destroying careers is not so bad... There are many I would like to see pack up and go home... It is the criteria that should be questioned.
YUP

Online Right_in_Virginia

That was like watching a twelve-year-old egocentric bully explain why he acts the way he does in front of his friends.
Pathetic.  Not a statesman or national executive at all.  Just a juvenile bragging about the people he 'destroyed' to get the student body to cheer him on because they didn't say nice things about him.  Then he goes on to explain why he no longer names the names of those he destroys because 'he's much more diplomatic now than a year or two ago'. And here I thought Obama was a petulant child.  Sheesh!  I can't stand hearing him speak anymore than I could Obama.

Blah, blah, blah.  Thank God the honest, hard-working Patriots disagree with you.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:58:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online DB

So you stand shoulder to shoulder with John McCain and Jeff Flake?

Always a binary choice for you.

If you are against trigger locks you are for killing people is your logic...

McCain and Flake are also destroyers. Just a different flavor. But you already knew that.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Always a binary choice for you.

If you are against trigger locks you are for killing people is your logic...

McCain and Flake are also destroyers. Just a different flavor. But you already knew that.

Okay ... I'll expand the question.  Which anti-Trump republican do you agree with and secretly pray the President won't tweet about?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
By memory:
When Trump first ran for the big job he said he was thinking of moving his family and businesses to Scotland.
He won and here he is.
The what ever's continue to attack him and his family. I would do the same thing.
Do we want him acting like Carter. Carter sat there and let the press trash his family. BS
Carter was a chicken sheet.

Dittos Bush the Younger.  He may have been imperfect, but he allowed the trashing to the point it became fashionable, and it ushered in the Pelosi/Reid/Obastard reign of destruction.  The "lost decade." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

Okay ... I'll expand the question.  Which anti-Trump republican do you agree with and secretly pray the President won't tweet about?

Do you beat your husband often oh clever one?

And I'll openly say that I pray the President stops tweeting about people entirely.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe Trump should be thanking him then.

Who says he isn't, in private?
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

Dittos Bush the Younger.  He may have been imperfect, but he allowed the trashing to the point it became fashionable, and it ushered in the Pelosi/Reid/Obastard reign of destruction.  The "lost decade."

He opened the door to Obama.

What has Trump opened the door to?

I think it will be even worse.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Except a lot of Republicans obviously voted for Kasich. Alienating them doesn't help the Republican cause.

And I'll confess... I didn't know what YMMV meant... Had to look it up... I thought it had some religious meaning of forgiveness... Okay now I'm embarrassed...

And Kasich does everything he can to ensure people who agree with him take Trump down, so that "cause" is a bit of a wash, in my political calculation handbook.

Let's not keep 'em in suspense!  Your Mileage May Vary. happy77
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He opened the door to Obama.

What has Trump opened the door to?

I think it will be even worse.

We've just thrown those dice, and they're still rolling.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline endicom

Wait, what?

That referred to how she landed in the video.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That referred to how she landed in the video.

Looked like possible reconstruction surgery in that face-plant....

:terror:
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Blah, blah, blah.  Thank God the honest, hard-working Patriots disagree with you.

Oh I am sure the Trump fanatics do.  Most assuredly.

But even if I was the only person in the country with that opinion of what Trump said in that video clip - I don't care.  I stand by what I said.

I'm not governed by what other people think of me or what I say.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Next month you'll be saying "So what if he colluded?"

Online DB

And the finer points of the law on why it was all legal...

Which is likely the case...

Online DB

And the irony is that Hillary obviously went to the Brits and the Russians to dig dirt on Trump...

Online libertybele

Who colluded?  Trump or Hillary or both?  Did Trump's alleged collusion indeed interfere with the elections or did Hillary's?  Did Hillary collude with Russia in prior years, such as in Uranium One?

Who is the MSM focusing on?  Sure as heck isn't Hillary. She's not even mentioned. Who is the head of the DOJ and his deputy focusing on?  Sure as heck isn't Hillary as they need to cover up their own actions.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Again, you're embarrassing yourself @Once-Ler   The only collusion was by the Democrat/Obama administration.

If you don't understand this by now ... hang it up.  There are just too many dots for you to connect and comprehend.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:26:32 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Again, you're embarrassing yourself @Once-Ler   The only collusion was by the Democrat/Obama administration.

If you don't understand this by now ... hang it up.  There are just too many dots for you to connect and comprehend.

And next month when more information comes out, you'll be saying "So what if he colluded?"