Author Topic: Trump: I ‘destroy careers’ of Republicans who say bad things about me  (Read 6506 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Misleading title. He said that careers are destroyed because he fights back and not that he sets out to destroy careers.

Exactly right @endicom .  And judging by the crowd's reaction ... they could relate and appreciate this.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:58:35 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Exactly right @endicom .  And judging by the crowd's reaction ... they could relate and appreciate this.

Proverbs 25:12

Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold Is a wise reprover to a listening ear.

There are several passages in the Bible about correcting a brother.  I think Trump is a person who is sure that he can do as he pleases and should not have any criticism.  that is dangerous for this country and to himself.  He did say he was going to drain the swamp.  But when he does wrong then nobody is able to point it out?  No matter what you thought of the press conference with Putin Trump lied.  He came home and tried to cover up what he had done.  He was called on it.  I call that correction, and correction is good.  But for the person who delivers it apparently they deserve career destruction.

Should a good family man have his career destroyed for daring to point out an error?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:05:05 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Should a good family man have his career destroyed for daring to point out an error?

According to the Trump faithful, YES.  You are forgetting the 11th Commandment: Thous Shalt NOT speak ill or darest to criticizeth Trump The Anointed.

Isn't it wonderful to have a president on OUR SIDE who publicly announces he can and will destroy the careers of fellow Americans if they say bad things about him?  I mean, it was one thing for Obama to hint at doing that - but hey - when OUR GUY does it... why that's just what we need!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline darroll

Re: Trump: I ‘destroy careers’ of Republicans who say bad things.

Some of these republicans AKA. Democrats say awful things.

Listen to the news.

Trump is not a trained politician.

Maybe he should of gone to baby kissing school?

Offline Chosen Daughter

According to the Trump faithful, YES.  You are forgetting the 11th Commandment: Thous Shalt NOT speak ill or darest to criticizeth Trump The Anointed.

Isn't it wonderful to have a president on OUR SIDE who publicly announces he can and will destroy the careers of fellow Americans if they say bad things about him?  I mean, it was one thing for Obama to hint at doing that - but hey - when OUR GUY does it... why that's just what we need!

I didn't realize what drain the swamp meant.  Now I know.  Drain the nation of any deserters who dare to point out an error by the King.  That may sound harsh but I truly believe that is true of Trump.  He simply cannot take any criticism, and he won't.  He is a man, and no man is above reproach.

Of course Frank is sure to disagree.  He says Trump is God.

That isn't the way our government functions.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:38:07 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: Trump: I ‘destroy careers’ of Republicans who say bad things.

Some of these republicans AKA. Democrats say awful things.

Listen to the news.

Trump is not a trained politician.

Maybe he should of gone to baby kissing school?

Oh yeah they are all Democrats if they point out errors.  You do know that Trump was a Democrat before he was a Republican.  He is whatever is good for him at the time.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4740413/sen-ben-sasse-russia
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:43:45 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline darroll

Maybe we should of elected Hillary, this country would not be fit to live in by now.
My kids love Democrats and I'm lucky as my age will save me.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Maybe we should of elected Hillary, this country would not be fit to live in by now.
My kids love Democrats and I'm lucky as my age will save me.

Thank God we don't have Hillary.  That still does not give Trump the right to destroy people's careers because he has thin skin, or that he believes he is above reproach by members of his own party.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Thank God we don't have Hillary.  That still does not give Trump the right to destroy people's careers because he has thin skin, or that he believes he is above reproach by members of his own party.

See above for what it actually said:  "Misleading title. He said that careers are destroyed because he fights back and not that he sets out to destroy careers."

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Justifying Trump because he is not Hillary can't be used forever.  Pretty soon his apologist are going to have to come up with a more innovative schtik than that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

See above for what it actually said:  "Misleading title. He said that careers are destroyed because he fights back and not that he sets out to destroy careers."

This is what he said....

“I only destroy their career because they said bad things about me and you fight back and they go down the tubes and that’s OK,” he added

The title is not misleading.

He has a long record of trying to destroy people who "say bad things about" him.  A long, long record.

THIS is why "we" should not have nominated a guy who is thin skinned and completely lacks self-control.  No telling how much damage will be done by him before his reign is over.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Justifying Trump because he is not Hillary can't be used forever.  Pretty soon his apologist are going to have to come up with a more innovative schtik than that.

Funny how that ridiculous excuse is still being used.

You'd think they'd have come up with a new one by now.....   *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Funny how that ridiculous excuse is still being used.

You'd think they'd have come up with a new one by now.....   *****rollingeyes*****

Amen, guess they aren't smart enough.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Justifying Trump because he is not Hillary can't be used forever. 

Just you watch.  Yes they will.

Pretty soon his apologist are going to have to come up with a more innovative schtik than that.

As if what we've already witnessed isn't innovative 12th dimensional underwater chess enough?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

See #35 @musiclady for Trump quote.  He only sets out to destroy them when they say something bad about him.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
See #35 @musiclady for Trump quote.  He only sets out to destroy them when they say something bad about him.

It would sure be nice if Trump started wanting to destroy some careers of democrats instead.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It would sure be nice if Trump started wanting to destroy some careers of democrats instead.

He's reserving them for when he needs a favor.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Ladies, I'm not going to argue with you but just want to point out that that statement is typical Trumpbabble and you can take it the best way or you can take it the worst way (or, my choice, a sort of middle way, which is a big yawn), and which way you take it is all about the taker and not so much about Mr. Trump Babble.  ...Who babbles.  ...With great regularity.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He has a long record of trying to destroy people who "say bad things about" him.  A long, long record.

THIS is why "we" should not have nominated a guy who is thin skinned and completely lacks self-control.  No telling how much damage will be done by him before his reign is over. 

It's fascinating watching the moralistas try to jump over this:  Those people saying "bad" things about Donald Trump were trying to *destroy* him.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's fascinating watching the moralistas try to jump over this:  Those people saying "bad" things about Donald Trump were trying to *destroy* him.   

You don't know that.  The article says: "President Trump bragged about his prowess in defeating the Republicans who oppose him, saying at an Ohio rally that he “destroys” the careers of GOP politicians who dare defy him."

A president should be defied on occasion.  No one is ever 100% right, and our "system of checks and balances" takes that into account. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

Ladies, I'm not going to argue with you but just want to point out that that statement is typical Trumpbabble and you can take it the best way or you can take it the worst way (or, my choice, a sort of middle way, which is a big yawn), and which way you take it is all about the taker and not so much about Mr. Trump Babble.  ...Who babbles.  ...With great regularity.

888high58888  Got it!  Trumps a babbler.  It all in how you unravel the babble.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

They were not the president of the United States.

It's actually more fascinating to watch you Trumpistas jump into convoluted twists of perverted morality and logic to justify such statements towards Americans, from within his own party no less.

Simply because they were not saying 'nice things about me'.

And yet Trump will find favor with Democrats and foreigners because 'they said nice things about me', and we get to watch you Trumpistas lecture us about how that is the skill set of someone bringing peace to the world.

You are on all sides of every issue, like water and just like Trump.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:43:07 pm by INVAR »

Offline Chosen Daughter

You don't know that.  The article says: "President Trump bragged about his prowess in defeating the Republicans who oppose him, saying at an Ohio rally that he “destroys” the careers of GOP politicians who dare defy him."

A president should be defied on occasion.  No one is ever 100% right, and our "system of checks and balances" takes that into account.

Well put, thank you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
888high58888  Got it!  Trumps a babbler.  It all in how you unravel the babble.

It is, isn't it?   :beer:

As long as we are rigorously honest, we should be ok.

Offline DB

Oh the irony...