Author Topic: New fear: Democrats could win Senate  (Read 4137 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New fear: Democrats could win Senate
« on: August 02, 2018, 04:36:26 pm »
New fear: Democrats could win Senate
by Paul Bedard
 | August 02, 2018 11:17 AM

Confident talk in Washington that swaggering Republicans will fatten their majority in the Senate to a filibuster-proof 60 seats in the fall elections is shifting to nail-biting whispers the Democrats could take charge and install Sen. Chuck Schumer as leader.

Already fretting odds that the House will turn Democratic and that potential Speaker Nancy Pelosi will open impeachment proceedings against President Trump, a path to a Democratic Senate is beginning to emerge based on historical statistics and the anti-Trump sentiment in some areas of the country.

Geoffrey Skelley, associate editor of the University of Virginia Center for Politics’ Larry Sabato Crystal Ball, outlined the long-shot route Thursday and said that while GOP control remains the likely outcome, it is not a lock.

“While Republicans are favored to retain control of the chamber, and possibly gain seats in the process, Democrats do have a chance of winning a slim majority this November,” he wrote in a detailed historical analysis.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/new-fear-democrats-could-win-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: New fear: Democrats could win Senate
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 04:40:37 pm »
Seems to me that the democrats and their media stooges are doing all the swaggering. Republicans are doing their usual nail-biting.

I'm not so sure they have a reason to be, though. Isn't one of the telling metrix in mid term elections motivation among registered voters? Isn't the president pretty solidly popular among those republican voters registered to vote?

Since all the talk is Trumps tweets are gonna cost the GOP the congress he might as well get the credit if they keep it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 04:46:09 pm by skeeter »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 04:42:15 pm »
If Congress does nothing on border security a lot of GOP voters will not bother to show up and
vote. That puts Ted seat in jeopardy.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 04:45:03 pm »
Seems to me that the democrats and their media stooges are doing all the swaggering. Republicans are doing their usual nail-biting.

I'm not so sure they have a reason to be, though. Isn't one of the telling metrix in mid term elections motivation among registered voters? Isn't the president pretty solidly popular among those republican voters registered to vote?

It appears the GOP Congress is not interested in implementing Trump's agenda. Ergo Trump
voters are not all that interested in voting GOPe this nov.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 04:47:28 pm »
It appears the GOP Congress is not interested in implementing Trump's agenda. Ergo Trump

Well if they're perceptive enough they'll be motivated by the fact that their guy will be on the docket if the GOP loses in November.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 04:49:02 pm »
Some of these fears may be exagerrated... BUT,  it's nothing to be careless about. Conservatives and Republicans need to vote.....primaries coming up very quickly.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 11:28:55 pm »
If Congress does nothing on border security a lot of GOP voters will not bother to show up and

A lot of people don't realize that the $$ has to come from the House and approved in the Senate.  I don't hold much stock in polls, but the polls indicate that Ted is in deep doo doo and so is TX.  We shall see.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 11:43:09 pm »

Probably not.  Trump supporters understand what's got to happen for the President's agenda to be implemented.  They are energized.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 11:45:21 pm »

You get to pull the President into Cruz's campaign --- for good or bad -- only if Cruz asks for the President to campaign with and for him.

If he doesn't and Ted's in jeopardy, it's Ted's responsibility, solely.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 11:47:21 pm »
The energy is as high as its ever been.  Tonight in Wilkes-Barre, PA the rally is full to the rafters with another overflow crowd ....

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 12:07:52 am »
Look at this enthusiasm ... the energy!  Barletta's campaign for the Senate just got a shot of steroids! 

This on a Thursday night in August ....  :patriot:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 12:36:49 am »

That seem like it should be obvious.  People voted for a stop to illegal immigration.  People are very divided right now.  Seems to me that now would be the time to come together and deliver what the people voted for if you want to win bigly.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 12:38:21 am »
Look at this enthusiasm ... the energy!  Barletta's campaign for the Senate just got a shot of steroids! 

This on a Thursday night in August ....  :patriot:

Are they still talking about the wall?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 01:10:28 am »
With all the Democrat turncoat RINOs in the Republican Party, the Dems have the Senate now. The only change would be if Republicans who actually act and vote like Republicans take the Senate. That would be the change. If the Dems gain a few more Senators, it will make no difference than the way it is now. Everything will stay the same.

I'm sure Mitch would be overjoyed with the Dems taking the Senate. Then he can sit back, smoke his cigar, and blame everything on the Democrats. Which is what the Republican Party is known for.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 02:09:51 pm »
I'm sorry to say I expect Sen. Joe "Mojo" Manchin of W.Va. to defeat his GOP challenger Patrick Morrisey. The funny thing is that a far lefty has just announced he's going to throw his hat in the ring, so maybe he'll siphon off some of the extremist Dems' votes.
Brazaitis stages write-in Senate bid as ‘a real Democrat’
By Allan Taylor
August 06, 2018 at 9:07AM
Full story at W.Va. Metro News

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Mark Brazaitis, whose first stint as a Morgantown City Councilor has been marked by spats with Monongalia County commissioners and WVU, plans to stage a write-in candidacy for the U.S. Senate.

It’s another unconventional twist in a race between Democrat incumbent Joe Manchin and Republican challenger Patrick Morrisey. GOP primary third-place finisher Don Blankenship now hopes to appear on the November ballot as the Constitution Party candidate, though the legality of that maneuver is dubious under the state’s “sore loser law.”

Brazaitis calls for progressive measures and doesn’t consider the 70-year-old Manchin “a real Democrat.”  ...

His platform includes calls for a $700 billion bill “to revive Appalachia” with infrastructure improvements, incentivized organic farms, renewable energy sites and wide-scale production of marijuana.

“Is $700 billion too large a number? Hardly. It is the same dollar figure as the 2018 annual budget of the U.S. Department of Defense, absent the additional $61 billion Congress handed over to big fat-cat defense contractors,” Brazaitis said.  ...
*****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 12:36:34 pm »
I posted the above ^ yesterday. Imagine my surprise to see this news item this morning:
Police conduct overnight search for Morgantown deputy mayor
By MetroNews in News | August 07, 2018 at 2:54AM

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Morgantown police searched overnight for Deputy Mayor Mark Brazaitis, concerned about his mental state after an alleged altercation at his home.

City Manager Paul Brake first confirmed around 11:45 p.m. Monday that police were seeking to contact Brazaitis pertaining to a “non-criminal matter.”

Sources said the issue began at Brazaitis’s residence on Courtney Avenue during an attempt to have him involuntarily committed for mental evaluation. Brazaitis left the home, and his whereabouts remained unknown as of 3 a.m.

An author and English professor at West Virginia University, Brazaitis has discussed his personal struggles with mental illness, and wrote about the topic in a 2012 collection of short stories, “The Incurables.”  ...  rest of story
Wow, a "progressive" with mental issues. Who'dathunkit?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 01:36:36 pm »
Like clock work.  A new day and a "new fear" story from the blathers in the msm.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 01:44:53 pm »

@jpsb

I don't know what to believe about Cruz's seat.  One minute there's a poll which puts him comfortably ahead, the next, one comes out that shows a very close race. 

Offline Idiot

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 01:57:07 pm »
@jpsb

I don't know what to believe about Cruz's seat.  One minute there's a poll which puts him comfortably ahead, the next, one comes out that shows a very close race.
I think the race might be closer than I originally thought.  I see quite a few BETO! signs around my central Texas town.  Of course he was just here, so I'm sure that's the reason.  Cruz will win if he gets his voters out...it's going to come down to that.  The Beto supporters are definitely motivated. 

Ted does have a pretty effective campaign commercial running now though.  Something to the affect of "Beto is too liberal for Texas" or the such.

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 02:00:21 pm »
I think the race might be closer than I originally thought.  I see quite a few BETO! signs around my central Texas town.  Of course he was just here, so I'm sure that's the reason.  Cruz will win if he gets his voters out...it's going to come down to that.  The Beto supporters are definitely motivated. 

Ted does have a pretty effective campaign commercial running now though.  Something to the affect of "Beto is too liberal for Texas" or the such.

@mrpotatohead

I'm surprised so many people in Texas are enthused about Beto.  It's going to be a long slog until November.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 02:04:51 pm »
@mrpotatohead

I'm surprised so many people in Texas are enthused about Beto.  It's going to be a long slog until November.

When you are the candidate of free stuff ears perk up. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 02:05:14 pm »

@jpsb

If the Dims and the alleged Republicans join together to do this,HOW will it be Trumps fault?

Seems to ME that if anything,such a unholy alliance would only bring out more voters for Trump.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 02:08:46 pm »
That seem like it should be obvious.  People voted for a stop to illegal immigration.  People are very divided right now.  Seems to me that now would be the time to come together and deliver what the people voted for if you want to win bigly.

@Chosen Daughter

Ahh,but that is not where the MONEY is for the Dims and the alleged Republicans. They get their bags of cash,relatives hired for no-show board jobs,etc,etc,etc from pleasing the international bankers,not the voters.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 02:11:29 pm »

I'm sure Mitch would be overjoyed with the Dems taking the Senate. Then he can sit back, smoke his cigar, and blame everything on the Democrats. Which is what the Republican Party is known for.

@240B

No matter how much I would like to,I can't argue with that.  Mitch is just following in the shoes of that Great RINO,Bob Dolt.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 02:15:55 pm »
Like clock work.  A new day and a "new fear" story from the blathers in the msm.

@The Ghost

ISE AFEARED! Gawd gonna punish usen ifn we doan vote for JEB,or maybie Little Brown Bush for prezidint!

Two bad de saintly babs dun died on usen,or we cudda run her!

RINO! RINO! RINO! RINO IZ DE WAY TU GO!

How else wez gonna git de Dims to luv usen?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:17:06 pm by sneakypete »