Author Topic: New fear: Democrats could win Senate  (Read 4138 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: New fear: Democrats could win Senate
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2018, 05:16:35 pm »
We have a lot of refugees from liberal Cali here, and of course millions of illegals many of whom vote.

It's unfortunate that Texas can't legally control its State borders to keep sapper Libs out.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2018, 05:18:27 pm »
Interestingly, Trump seems to insert himself into campaigns when they haven't asked him to join.  All, I'm saying is by the polls Ted is in trouble.  TX goes and it will set the tone of the election for the rest of the country.

Trump already stated that he would destroy Ted if he didn't play his game.  IMHO, TX is not a 'game' that we can afford to play with.

No, no, no, no @libertybele   If Cruz needs or wants the President's help, all he or a member of his staff needs to do is let the President know.  I am sure the President will help save this seat.

As I've said, do not credit the President for a Cruz win, lose or draw in his Senate race.  Cruz is, so far, choosing to run without the President at his side.

Ted is now the incumbent.  Maybe, just maybe he is running running on his record in the Senate.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2018, 05:27:40 pm »
No, no, no, no @libertybele   If Cruz needs or wants the President's help, all he or a member of his staff needs to do is let the President know.  I am sure the President will help save this seat.

As I've said, do not credit the President for a Cruz win, lose or draw in his Senate race.  Cruz is, so far, choosing to run without the President at his side.

Ted is now the incumbent.  Maybe, just maybe he is running running on his record in the Senate.

We shall see.  One of Ted's biggest obstacles is his ole pal Mitch.  Mitch makes sure that monies from the NRSC go to who he wants on his team; and I highly doubt Ted is on that list. 

Trump and Mitch don't exactly see eye-to-eye on who they support.  Trump knows all too well how Mitch operates and I would hope that he would jump in and help Ted whether or not he wants his help.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2018, 05:37:22 pm »
  Trump knows all too well how Mitch operates and I would hope that he would jump in and help Ted whether or not he wants his help.

This is not going to happen with an incumbent Senator.  Cruz is not a first-time candidate for congress.  The President will not insert himself with Cruz unless his team thinks he can help and ask him.

What's with all this angst?  Why are folks questioning a Cruz victory when so certain of it a short time ago?  Have I missed a memo?

Offline corbe

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2018, 05:50:37 pm »
   Sen. Cruz gains nothing by asking Trump to come to Texas.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2018, 06:32:44 pm »
It's unfortunate that Texas can't legally control its State borders to keep sapper Libs out.
:amen:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2018, 08:50:24 pm »
This is not going to happen with an incumbent Senator.  Cruz is not a first-time candidate for congress.  The President will not insert himself with Cruz unless his team thinks he can help and ask him.

What's with all this angst?  Why are folks questioning a Cruz victory when so certain of it a short time ago?  Have I missed a memo?

I've been a supporter of Cruz for years; even before his presidential run.  His popularity hasn't grown as many took offense when he stated that he was voting for Trump. He had media focus for awhile after the election, but that has definitely faded and he has remained very quiet.  I find that concerning, but perhaps he has reason.  I've questioned his seat for quite sometime, long before Patty challenged him.  Actually back when Castro was deciding whether or not to throw his hat into the arena. Secondly, as stated before, I believe McConnell and others in the Senate would love to get rid of Ted; he's a thorn in their side.  Perhaps one of the biggest concerns is the fact that the demographics are changing (not just in TX) and maybe this time around enough to turn TX blue. 

The DEMS are throwing a ton of money towards TX ... where's the GOP's support?  As usual, Ted is going it alone.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2018, 08:58:22 pm »
I've been a supporter of Cruz for years; even before his presidential run.  His popularity hasn't grown as many took offense when he stated that he was voting for Trump. He had media focus for awhile after the election, but that has definitely faded and he has remained very quiet.  I find that concerning, but perhaps he has reason.  I've questioned his seat for quite sometime, long before Patty challenged him.  Actually back when Castro was deciding whether or not to throw his hat into the arena. Secondly, as stated before, I believe McConnell and others in the Senate would love to get rid of Ted; he's a thorn in their side.  Perhaps one of the biggest concerns is the fact that the demographics are changing (not just in TX) and maybe this time around enough to turn TX blue. 

The DEMS are throwing a ton of money towards TX ... where's the GOP's support?  As usual, Ted is going it alone.

What's Cruz's official reelection website?  If you post it, we will send .... (some dollars).  I can't think of anyone around here who wouldn't shoot him a couple of bucks.  Maybe post it on TOS too.

Money should not be an obstacle, IMHO.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2018, 09:01:00 pm »
What's Cruz's official reelection website?  If you post it, we will send .... (some dollars).  I can't think of anyone around here who wouldn't shoot him a couple of bucks.  Maybe post it on TOS too.

Money should not be an obstacle, IMHO.
https://www.tedcruz.org/

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2018, 09:10:39 pm »

The legacy of McConnell and the leadership of the Republican Party over the last couple of decades has been to destroy Conservatives in their own base that do not vote as they are told,  throw everything to the Democrats pretending to be an opposition party during election seasons and then fund and hand the Democrats their agenda as soon as the voting is over. 

Either they prefer to be the party out of power that pretends to oppose Democrats or they are complicit with, or have been taken over by big-government Liberal Democrats pretending to be Republicans to the point that there is no difference between the parties anymore.

The Left made it known they intended to turn Texas "blue" back in 2014, open borders was key to accomplishing that and the GOP was right there with the Democrats to assist - as usual.

McConnell hanging Cruz out to dry is what he does when not actively working with the Democrats to destroy his own caucus.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2018, 09:40:53 pm »
"Ted Cruz asks Trump to campaign for him in Texas"  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,327566.0.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2018, 09:45:33 pm »
Thanks ..and let's BTTT

Proving precisely what I have felt about Cruz; namely he has better political instincts and judgment than his supporters.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2018, 09:46:41 pm »
Proving precisely what I have felt about Cruz; namely he has better political instincts and judgment than his supporters.

I'm glad Cruz reached out.  I want that SOB to keep the seat.   :patriot:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2018, 12:46:56 pm »
I fear even this won't help Morrisey defeat Mojo, alas:
June 29, 2018 | Bob Salera
Manchin in hot water over taxpayer-funded trip to Cali

Nonpartisan watchdog group FACT has filed an ethics complaint against Joe Manchin after reports of his taxpayer-funded campaign trip to California.

Manchin billed taxpayers for a flight from Los Angeles to Pittsburgh after a trip where he raised nearly $100,000 at a single fundraiser for his reelection campaign. His office has so far been unable to cite any official business Manchin had on the west coast that would warrant using government funds to pay for his trip.  ...
NRSC
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2018, 12:51:17 pm »
Cruz is a holier-than-thou type, and he tends to attract holier-than-thou supporters.   I claim no expertise on the Texas electorate, but I've always felt he'd be better suited for the Supreme Court than an elected position where he'd from time to time have to face voters.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2018, 01:20:04 pm »
Cruz is a holier-than-thou type, and he tends to attract holier-than-thou supporters.   I claim no expertise on the Texas electorate, but I've always felt he'd be better suited for the Supreme Court than an elected position where he'd from time to time have to face voters.

@Jazzhead

You may be right.

I started out as a fairly rabid supporter of Cruz for President,but then my enthusiasm faded to the point where I started supporting nobody,and then Trump the night before the election.

I still kinda like Cruz,but there is just something smarmy and insincere about him that I can't quite put my finger on that causes me to not trust him.

I may well be 180 degrees off and he might be the best thing since sliced bread,but I have learned to  trust my instincts on things like this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2018, 01:48:17 pm »
The word, "swaggering" was over the top as I don't see ANY Republican swaggering about anything.  The Democrats, actually, are in trouble having to re-win 10 seats they already have, plus add one or two, per the article.  It is more likely they will lose one or more of those 10 seats, just losing one will stop them having a majority.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2018, 01:59:38 pm »
If Congress does nothing on border security a lot of GOP voters will not bother to show up and vote. That puts Ted seat in jeopardy.
@jpsb

What puts Ted's seat in jeopardy is the multitude of Democrats that showed up in our primary - never that many voted in a primary before.  The core Trump votes WILL vote in November.  I cannot say Ted will keep his seat; I don't know based on the primary.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2018, 02:16:42 pm »
I still kinda like Cruz,but there is just something smarmy and insincere about him that I can't quite put my finger on that causes me to not trust him.

I have the same discernment.  He seems too ..... politically-polished and slimy during campaigns.  I only think I really like him when he's arguing a specific Constitutional position.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2018, 02:24:27 pm »
We have a lot of refugees from liberal Cali here, and of course millions of illegals many of whom vote.
@jpsb
@CatherineofAragon

That doesn't happen in Texas.  After the Florida mess when the Bush race went to the supreme court, the federal govn. wrote new election laws.  One of those was making every Secretary of State in every state to be the holder of the voter list.  Due to that, it works like this in Texas:  If a person goes to their county to register to vote, the county sends the name to our Secretary of State, Elections Division.  The name is run through numerous state checks - death records, passport list, birth record, criminal record, car license, validation of the address.  If the person is valid, the county is contacted to put the name on the county voter list.  If the person is invalid, the county is contacted not to add the name on their list.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 02:37:22 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2018, 02:36:50 pm »
If the damn GOP Congress would just try to keep their campaign promises they would be fine. We need voter ID here. If we get voter ID we will be red for a long time.
@jpsb
@CatherineofAragon

In April of 2018, our voter picture ID law was validated by a US Court of Appeals. It is in effect right now.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2018, 02:40:23 pm »
Interestingly, Trump seems to insert himself into campaigns when they haven't asked him to join.  All, I'm saying is by the polls Ted is in trouble.  TX goes and it will set the tone of the election for the rest of the country. Trump already stated that he would destroy Ted if he didn't play his game.  IMHO, TX is not a 'game' that we can afford to play with.
@libertybele

In the past few days, Cruz has asked Trump to come to Texas to support him.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2018, 02:45:02 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Actually, liberals do not come here to Texas.  Conservatives who live in California DO come here, but the liberals hate this state. If liberals want to leave California, they go north rather than here.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2018, 02:50:03 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Actually, liberals do not come here to Texas.  Conservatives who live in California DO come here, but the liberals hate this state. If liberals want to leave California, they go north rather than here.

Not necessarily true....they go to Austin.  Keep Austin Weird...you know...lol.