Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez on How to Pay for Her Ideas: Raise Taxes, Cut Military Spending  (Read 1767 times)

Offline goodwithagun

Military spending approximately 16% of our total federal budget. The spending for Social Security and Medicare, Medicaid,if I recall, are over half. So yes, even if you got rid of all military spending you could not cover the spending she proposes. And raising taxes, not just on rich people but anybody, changes human behavior. Two examples of this are what they did with the soda tax in Philadelphia, and what businesses and people do when taxes get too high in states

Yup. Liberal policies imploding.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

She comes of as a dimwit.  The Historic Trump election campaign has opened my imagination that a woman like this could being taken seriously as a candidate.  It also prevents me from being certain Cortez is good news for the GOP.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
She comes of as a dimwit.  The Historic Trump election campaign has opened my imagination that a woman like this could being taken seriously as a candidate.  It also prevents me from being certain Cortez is good news for the GOP.

Or the historic election campaign of the Catholic Kennedy or the African American (actually mixed heritage) Barack Obama. Wow, did anyone see how the Obama administration gave aid to an organization with ties with al Qaeda, oh well, I guess, we have a selective memory.

Working on peace with North Korea, fighting terrorism, a powerful economy, all time low unemployment numbers for some minorities. What's not to like?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Oh she's a serious candidate, all right.  In that district she's a shoo-in.  Any Representative anywhere could be potential trouble.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Or the historic election campaign of the Catholic Kennedy or the African American (actually mixed heritage) Barack Obama. Wow, did anyone see how the Obama administration gave aid to an organization with ties with al Qaeda, oh well, I guess, we have a selective memory.
I don't recall people viewing Kennedy or Obama as dimwits.  My memory is fine.
Working on peace with North Korea, fighting terrorism, a powerful economy, all time low unemployment numbers for some minorities. What's not to like?
Yet he spent the whole day whining about Mueller on twitter.  He did tweet one thing about getting better poll numbers than Lincoln, but none of the stuff you list.  Perhaps he thinks the Fake News is doing a good enough job reporting that stuff, and other stuff is on his mind. 

I understand it.  If I was in his shoes.  Manafort trial starts in the morning.  What if Cohen flips.  What if Manafort flips.  Whole weekend to think about it.  I don't think I'd want to get out of bed Monday.

Oh she's a serious candidate, all right.  In that district she's a shoo-in.  Any Representative anywhere could be potential trouble.
rats are looking at her as their next Presidential nominee or at least a VP.

Offline LMAO

In reality, she has no idea how they'll be paid for. She should be honest and say her ideas will be paid for with currency devaluation and debt
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy