Author Topic: Control Yourself, Mr. President — If You Can  (Read 4606 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Control Yourself, Mr. President — If You Can
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2018, 09:48:55 pm »
   @DCPatriot There was no sarcasm meant or implied in my post above, I am able to appreciate 'some' of the things My President is doing for me AND my Country, in spite of what @LegalAmerican and @Frank Cannon say about me I am neither a 'Lefty' or a Communist.

*Disclosure: I am a card carrying Invarmunist, though.

LOL!  Not gonna get laid hanging with that crowd.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2018, 09:52:10 pm »
   At my age, getting laid barely scratches the top ten of things I need to do this month.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2018, 10:00:01 pm »
   At my age, getting laid barely scratches the top ten of things I need to do this month.

We're the same age.   LOL!   

I was laughing with you...not at you.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2018, 10:10:52 pm »
 :beer:  @DCPatriot

It's all good, I know my TDS alienates some Briefers here that I do respect, such as you.
   I'm what @Emjay calls ~ one of those perpetually butthurt people.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2018, 10:32:48 pm »
So he should stop holding to rallies. Start "paying attention to his critics and try to convince them he's not the danger that Democrats say he is", stop tweeting. Stop defending himself, just allow the insane press coverage he's suffering go unanswered. Or worse, depend upon the GOP to defend him.

The actual results he's delivering don't matter.

What an effed up political environment we have today.

Well said and that is EXACTLY what got us to this point.  IMHO he needs to keep doing what he's been doing only more of it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2018, 10:42:43 pm »
Au contraire! 

He's got over 80,000,000 followers on twitter.  Get serious.   

A direct conduit around the media to anybody on the planet who's interested.

Step back and look at this man's accomplishments in the face of what he has to deal with 24/7?

I don't want him to change a single thing he's doing...except to ask Rush Limbaugh to write him a timely speech to share with America on the merits of Conservatism and Free-Market Capitalism.    :laugh:
@aligncare @DCPatriot

That 80 million figure might be the single most significant fact, period.

Has anybody in history ever, let alone the President, had that communication channel?

There are plenty of POSITIVES to talk about, AND plenty of WARNINGS, to be issued, over open borders, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2018, 12:11:30 am »
Are all 80 Million Twitter Followers real people?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2018, 12:21:31 am »

Don't you think with the recent culling, his adjusted number would be announced?

They didn't touch it.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2018, 12:27:06 am »

Are there any real people on Twitter?   Or is it just an illusion. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2018, 12:28:00 am »
Let me remind you that President George W. Bush's 6 year 'strategy' of not responding to negative attacks means that it's been 16 years the media have been this way toward Conservatives.

...an ENTIRE voting generation from that bloc has matured and...this shit is all they know.

I have never in my life seen the media kind or fair to any Conservative. And my first vote was for Reagan.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2018, 12:43:35 am »
Don't you think with the recent culling, his adjusted number would be announced?

They didn't touch it.

Good point...but it could be Twitter is not interested in the shitstorm that would surely follow if they did.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2018, 12:49:22 am »

@Cyber Liberty
@DCPatriot
@truth_seeker

No, a good chunk of them are bots.  It's not unusual---the same is true of Obama and Lord knows how many others.  It's not hard to buy Twitter followers and a lot of famous people do it.

I don't know where the 80 million figure came from; Trump's twitter currently says he has 53.4M followers.  According to Twitter Audit, about 7M are fake, with a total of around 46M followers.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2018, 12:49:51 am »
I have never in my life seen the media kind or fair to any Conservative. And my first vote was for Reagan.

You're absolutely right, @roamer_1 but the point I was trying to make was in this age of a biased Twitter, Facebook and Google added to the pot, that if not for Donald Trump, we'd be in the 2nd year in our sprint toward 'Venezuela'.

Someday sir, you're going to learn to appreciate him.  :laugh:

PS:  kudos on the homosexual deviancy thread.  You hit for the cycle.

If not for Pres. Trump we'd agree on most things.   ^-^

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2018, 12:51:11 am »
@Cyber Liberty
@DCPatriot
@truth_seeker

No, a good chunk of them are bots.  It's not unusual---the same is true of Obama and Lord knows how many others.  It's not hard to buy Twitter followers and a lot of famous people do it.

I don't know where the 80 million figure came from; Trump's twitter currently says he has 53.4M followers.  According to Twitter Audit, about 7M are fake, with a total of around 46M followers.

Sorry....read it was 80 million the other day and didn't Snopes it. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2018, 12:52:41 am »
Sorry....read it was 80 million the other day and didn't Snopes it.

@DCPatriot

No problem!  It's still a lot, no matter how you look at it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2018, 12:54:10 am »
@Cyber Liberty
@DCPatriot
@truth_seeker

46M is still a pretty good number....There are still a lot of people who don't have Twitter.  Like me, for instance.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2018, 12:57:06 am »
@DCPatriot

No problem!  It's still a lot, no matter how you look at it.

Maybe it's 46 million Americans and the rest sprinkled around the globe?

But you're right.  80M seems inflated.

Figuring what?...20% of his 46M...approx 9M of them are not necessarily fans, but on the fence or the 'NT' variety?

How many of that 9M have to know by now that they're probably on the wrong side of the battle?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2018, 12:59:43 am »
You're absolutely right, @roamer_1 but the point I was trying to make was in this age of a biased Twitter, Facebook and Google added to the pot, that if not for Donald Trump, we'd be in the 2nd year in our sprint toward 'Venezuela'.

@DCPatriot
Nah... It's the same ol thing all over again.

Someday sir, you're going to learn to appreciate him.  :laugh:

I sincerely doubt that altogether. I have no use for liars and con men. Been dealing with em all my life.

PS:  kudos on the homosexual deviancy thread.  You hit for the cycle.

I was actually disappointed in that thread... It wasn't about homo deviancy. It was about the Church and its fall from grace in the states. That is the topic I was trying to sustain. Great thread though, all the same.

If not for Pres. Trump we'd agree on most things.   ^-^

I remember you wayyy back on FR. We don't always disagree, and it's always been generally amicable.

No worries. friction makes heat. That's how it goes.  :shrug:
 :beer:

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 01:01:16 am by roamer_1 »

Online corbe

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2018, 01:23:25 am »
   Yall are underestimating the people that are named Boris and live in St. Petersburg. 
   They are everytwhere~but here, it seems.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2018, 01:42:38 am »

I remember you wayyy back on FR. We don't always disagree, and it's always been generally amicable.

No worries. friction makes heat. That's how it goes.  :shrug:
 :beer:

@roamer_1

LOL!  Yeah...long time.  Twenty years in August.

...but seriously, I read almost everything you posted on that thread and have newfound respect for your knowledge and communication skills.

Hard to believe you're so out-of touch on our great President.    888high58888

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2018, 02:19:58 am »
@roamer_1

LOL!  Yeah...long time.  Twenty years in August.

...but seriously, I read almost everything you posted on that thread and have newfound respect for your knowledge and communication skills.

@DCPatriot
Thank you for your kind reply. :)

Hard to believe you're so out-of touch on our great President.    888high58888

I try very hard to follow truth. So I am slow and methodical in my endorsements.
And my knees can't handle jumping onto trains.
In the end, the truth of it will out, one way or the other.