Author Topic: BREAKING>>CNN airs audio of Trump, Cohen discussing payment tied to former Playboy model  (Read 6145 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Some people (and this is not directed at an individual) only have two modes, low bitch mode and overdrive bitch mode! We are lucky here as only occasionally does someone slip into low bitch mode and only for a post or two. And I am thankful for that and this site, it's nice to have a place that's really overall peaceful, unlike TOS where it seems the vast majority consistently post in maximum overdrive bitch mode.

I only do maximum overdrive bitch mode on abortion threads.  But in this case I meant complain/bitch.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nobody wants to see @RoosGirl in "Maximum Overdrive Bitch Mode."  All y'all trust me on this.... :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nobody wants to see @RoosGirl in "Maximum Overdrive Bitch Mode."  All y'all trust me on this.... :whistle:

How can you tell when she is in MOBM?   :whistle:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You can hear the breaking glass from three blocks away. :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You can hear the breaking glass from three blocks away. :2popcorn:

That is my cue to run. 

Offline RoosGirl

I'm nuanced.  Only someone that has full use of their faculties can understand all of my complexities.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It is just about sex, what's the problem???

That's what we heard for years from the knee pad Democrats regarding the Clintons...

The simple truth is we knew Trump's closet was full of crap and eventually would make it into view... A vote for him had strings attached... And now they're being tugged...
Do you understand any difference between spoken words that are made under oath vs an illegal tape procured from someone who is supposedly under the auspices of attorney/client privilege?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

I'm nuanced.  Only someone that has full use of their faculties can understand all of my complexities.

Are you insinuating that I am daft? 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Do you understand any difference between spoken words that are made under oath vs an illegal tape procured from someone who is supposedly under the auspices of attorney/client privilege?

CNN may conceivably have a few people left on staff who understand the difference but they will be fired soon.  As for the NTers on this forum, they are shameless in their quest to destroy Trump and will believe anything negative about him.  They would buy him a puppy so they could say he kicked it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Suppressed

Are you insinuating that I am daft?

How did you fail to end that with ", punk?"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

One small point: it's not an illegal tape in that one party to the recording knew it was being recorded, and IF (big if) it is evidence of a crime, the obtaining of it is also not illegal.

Offline Wingnut

How did you fail to end that with ", punk?"

LOL.   I don't know.    :smokin:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

You mean the 'illegal' tape made in a state that only requires one party consent?  Are you also talking about the attorney/client privilege that was waived by the Trump legal team?  Rudy released the transcript, first.  That's the only way we were able to know about this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/michael-cohen-secretly-taped-donald-trump-was-it-legal/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/21/trump-team-waived-privilege-to-release-michael-cohens-tape-source.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

You mean the 'illegal' tape made in a state that only requires one party consent?  Are you also talking about the attorney/client privilege that was waived by the Trump legal team?  Rudy released the transcript, first.  That's the only way we were able to know about this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/michael-cohen-secretly-taped-donald-trump-was-it-legal/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/21/trump-team-waived-privilege-to-release-michael-cohens-tape-source.html
So do you understand the difference between words spoken under oath to a federal judge and that tape?

Or are you just shoveling?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I suspect if Cohen is worth his salt, buried in his client contract is a clause allowing him to record conversations. (Generally to reference back to instructions or information.) The clients agree to these terms when they come on as a client so they don't need to be asked every time.

Offline edpc

So do you understand the difference between words spoken under oath to a federal judge and that tape?

Of course, but the tape was not illegal and there was no privilege, since it was ultimately waived by the client.  That's the point.

Of course, but the tape was not illegal and there was no privilege, since it was ultimately waived by the client.  That's the point.
No, the point is lying to a judge under oath is a punishable offense.  What transpires on that tape is not a crime.

You really do not understand the difference then.

Offline edpc

No, the point is lying to a judge under oath is a punishable offense.  What transpires on that tape is not a crime.

You really do not understand the difference then.

I was not addressing that, but speaking to the characterization of the tape as illegal and privileged.  Since you mention the legal implications of each, the tape may very well have a sticking point.  I discussed that here...

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,326051.msg1752884.html#msg1752884
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 06:41:32 pm by edpc »

Offline DB

Where did I say anything about the law or a court?

I just spoke of slimy immoral people with closets full of nasty things and those who rationalize it all away when it is their ox being gored.

Where did I say anything about the law or a court?

I just spoke of slimy immoral people with closets full of nasty things and those who rationalize it all away when it is their ox being gored.
ok, smut vs importance.  Got it

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
ok, smut vs importance.  Got it

Wow.

Amazing.

I remember reading rabid Clinton supporters use those same exact words together to dismiss Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones and that blue dress.  Smut vs what is important in life.

My oh my have so-called Conservatives morphed into what they at one time railed against.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

Wow.

Amazing.

I remember reading rabid Clinton supporters use those same exact words together to dismiss Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones and that blue dress.  Smut vs what is important in life.

My oh my have so-called Conservatives morphed into what they at one time railed against.

It just proves to me that the dems were right after all, years ago, It's just sex, shut up and get a life.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wow.

Amazing.

you missed comment 100%.

Offline edpc

@INVAR

Can you do your thing for President T and the Women?

Offline DB

you missed comment 100%.

I guess you'll have to count me as "missed" too...