Author Topic: BREAKING>>CNN airs audio of Trump, Cohen discussing payment tied to former Playboy model  (Read 6143 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The issue with McDougal and Daniels is not that he had the affairs in 2006 - it's that the payoffs happened just prior to the election.  The circumstances around those payments can possibly be campaign finance violations.

Pull up @edpc   His money, his campaign, no campaign finance violation.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

AWESOME!!!  Thanx Judicial Watch!

I see you're still confused.   :laugh:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Pull up @edpc   His money, his campaign, no campaign finance violation.

Tabloid Company, Aiding Trump Campaign, May Have Crossed Line Into Politics

Federal authorities examining the work President Trump’s former lawyer did to squelch embarrassing stories before the 2016 election have come to believe that an important ally in that effort, the tabloid company American Media Inc., at times acted more 8as a political supporter than as a news organization, according to people briefed on the investigation.

That determination has kept the publisher in the middle of an inquiry that could create legal and political challenges for the president as prosecutors investigate whether the lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, violated campaign finance law.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/21/us/politics/trump-michael-cohen-american-media.html

The Legal Issues Raised by the Stormy Daniels Payment, Explained

A threshold question is whether the payment to the actress, Stephanie Clifford, who goes by the stage name Stormy Daniels, was intended to influence the election by suppressing a claim that could hurt Mr. Trump’s chances. If so, the transaction was most likely covered by federal campaign finance laws.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/03/us/politics/trump-cohen-payment-legal-issues.html

Not his money, in either case.  McDougal was paid by AMI and Daniels was paid by Cohen through an equity loan.  The Cohen payment also opens him to possible problems with bank fraud.

Trump attorney Cohen is being investigated for possible bank fraud, campaign finance violations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-seizes-records-related-to-stormy-daniels-in-raid-of-trump-attorney-michael-cohens-office/2018/04/09/e3e43cf4-3c30-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 10:53:29 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I find it fascinating that so many self-identifying "Conservatives" suddenly have no problems with a president boldfaced lying about his actions to the American people, so long as he is THEIR guy.  But then they lecture us about TRUSTING that he will do as he says he will.

So much blind faith is placed in a demonstrably known liar for our national salvation.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline kevindavis007

I expect a lot of 'Whataboutism' to transpire, shortly.  It was never about any particular sinful idiot, it was about the Republican brand having a Moral ground from which to argue.
  That is irrevocably destroyed, now.

@Cobre

The GOP can't use Family values as an issue no more.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline corbe

Donald J. Trump
 âœ”  @realDonaldTrump 

What kind of a lawyer would tape a client? So sad! Is this a first, never heard of it before? Why was the tape so abruptly terminated (cut) while I was presumably saying positive things? I hear there are other clients and many reporters that are taped - can this be so? Too bad!

7:34 AM - Jul 25, 2018
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What kind of a lawyer would tape a client?

A Trump lawyer.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

Only hires the best people.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
What kind of a lawyer would tape a client?

A Trump lawyer.

000hehehehe

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   So @XenaLee are you insinuating that Candidate Trump/GOP paid out $280K (that we know of) to silence a Playboy Bunny and a P0rn Star that made the $hit up?

Preposterous, he's not THAT Stupid!

@corbe  We don't know that Trump paid anything to this woman.  All we know about it is a few words on a corrupted tape that ends abruptly.

We also know that the democrats will stop at nothing to try to discredit Trump.  That CNN is running this as a loop says all you need to know about why CNN has lost all credibility.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

I doubt that @corbe   Ted Cruz has far too much class to delight in something like that.

He's probably shaking his head knowing that he tried to warn people; after all, those who bolstered Trump will bear that responsibility going forward.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I find it fascinating that so many self-identifying "Conservatives" suddenly have no problems with a president boldfaced lying about his actions to the American people, so long as he is THEIR guy.  But then they lecture us about TRUSTING that he will do as he says he will.

So much blind faith is placed in a demonstrably known liar for our national salvation.

Blind faith or refusing to admit that their 'Glorious Orange One' is not without flaws?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
He's probably shaking his head knowing that he tried to warn people; after all, those who bolstered Trump will bear that responsibility going forward.

I wanted Ted Cruz.  I still want Ted Cruz.  But Trump has been a good President and I will gladly bear any responsibility associated with supporting him.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
I can't say I am surprised.   Trump was a pretty gross guy in his personal life.  That was well known.

I also can't say I care; Trump, for all his disgusting habits, has turned out surprisingly well.

Pre-election, I was mainly concerned that a guy with a liberal history and no discernible moral compass would end up being a giant liberal. 

Turns out, because the media was so nasty to him, Trump turned into an actual conservative.

If they had flattered him, he would have governed like Chuck Shumer.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
I wanted Ted Cruz.  I still want Ted Cruz.  But Trump has been a good President and I will gladly bear any responsibility associated with supporting him.

I concur.  I was very much a Cruz guy.

But Trump's 600lb gorilla shtick is breaking a lot of government agencies I had no idea were rotten to the core.   
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I concur.  I was very much a Cruz guy.

But Trump's 600lb gorilla shtick is breaking a lot of government agencies I had no idea were rotten to the core.

Trump is so much better than I expected.  I see absolutely no point in dragging up those personal stories that were well known before the election.

I'm not totally convinced Ted Cruz could have won in the current climate.  I still hope he will be President some day.  He's a young guy.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I see you're still confused.   :laugh:
@Right_in_Virginia
I see you still have no sense of humor.  :laugh:

Offline musiclady

And a significant symptom of the disease infecting the country we were discussing earlier.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And a significant symptom of the disease infecting the country we were discussing earlier.

Was that blah, blah, blah or was it four blahs?

Offline musiclady

Was that blah, blah, blah or was it four blahs?

Thanks for yet another intelligent response to a serious post I've made.

You're getting very good at this, Emjay.  I guess practice makes perfect, eh?   *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I can't say I am surprised.   Trump was a pretty gross guy in his personal life.  That was well known.

I also can't say I care; Trump, for all his disgusting habits, has turned out surprisingly well.

Pre-election, I was mainly concerned that a guy with a liberal history and no discernible moral compass would end up being a giant liberal. 

Turns out, because the media was so nasty to him, Trump turned into an actual conservative.

If they had flattered him, he would have governed like Chuck Shumer.

I agree.  With all, but particularly the last part.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Thanks for yet another intelligent response to a serious post I've made.

You're getting very good at this, Emjay.  I guess practice makes perfect, eh?   *****rollingeyes*****

It was either that or go back and try to figure out what you were talking about so I chose the low road.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

What's up with bringing a discussion from another thread onto this one and expecting a serious response.  I don't follow you around.

Offline RoosGirl

What's up with bringing a discussion from another thread onto this one and expecting a serious response.  I don't follow you around.

You may consider taking it out of bitch mode for a while.  Everyone, including yourself (and that is what matters most, isn't it?), will be happier.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You may consider taking it out of bitch mode for a while.  Everyone, including yourself (and that is what matters most, isn't it?), will be happier.
Some people (and this is not directed at an individual) only have two modes, low bitch mode and overdrive bitch mode! We are lucky here as only occasionally does someone slip into low bitch mode and only for a post or two. And I am thankful for that and this site, it's nice to have a place that's really overall peaceful, unlike TOS where it seems the vast majority consistently post in maximum overdrive bitch mode.