Author Topic: Sanders: Trump considering removing security clearances for Obama-era officials  (Read 1957 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanders: Trump considering removing security clearances for Obama-era officials
By Morgan Chalfant - 07/23/18 02:57 PM EDT

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Monday said that President Trump is exploring whether to remove the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan and other top Obama-era intelligence officials.

Sanders accused Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former FBI Director James Comey and others of “politicizing” and “monetizing” their public service.

“They’ve politicized and in some cases monetized their public service and security clearances,” Sanders said during the daily briefing. “Making baseless accusations of improper contact with Russia, or begin influenced by Russia against the president is extremely inappropriate and the fact that people with security clearances are making these baseless charges provides inappropriate legitimacy to accusations with zero evidence.”

Sanders’ comments came after Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) suggested on Twitter that Brennan should have his security clearance revoked.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/398407-sanders-trump-considering-removing-obama-era-officials-security
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why do any of those Obama people still have a clearance?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/398411-ex-cia-chief-on-trump-removing-security-clearance-wont-have-any
Ex-CIA chief on possible removal of security clearance: 'Won’t have any effect on what I say'
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Why do any of those Obama people still have a clearance?

January 21, 2017 was only a year and a half ago.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Isn't this fairly much BAU for government offices when you leave?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Sanders accused the individuals of “politicizing” and “monetizing” their public service.

Then we don’t want to see you on a book tour, after you go.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Isn't this fairly much BAU for government offices when you leave?
As a matter of fact it was BAU for high ranking officials to keep their clearances, as these obviously have to date.

But it was also BAU that they not abuse the courtesy, by hyper-partisan behavior as these have.

Henry Kissinger, probably has held a clearance through several administrations.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sanders: Trump considering removing security clearances for Obama-era officials
By Morgan Chalfant - 07/23/18 02:57 PM EDT

That should have been done yesterday.  And, by yesterday, I mean a year ago.  You don't give the fox the keys to the henhouse.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sanders accused the individuals of “politicizing” and “monetizing” their public service.

Then we don’t want to see you on a book tour, after you go.

You need a security clearance to go on a book tour?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

You need a security clearance to go on a book tour?

You're seeing words that are not there. Do you hear voices, as well?

Offline LegalAmerican

GOOD IDEA.  So we have to assume, all people in obama adm, are corrupt, traitors?  My president TRUMP had a lot of obstruction, just getting in his cabinet or S. C. PICKS.  Fired Comey.  No one sees the back lash from that?  Can no one see, what would happen, with getting rid of all prior obamas adm. associates?  Think of demon-rats in congress.  They & some people want to blame my president Trump for laws put in by congress & obama,  today! More then half the people would be gone.  Then, what would they blame my president Trump for?

We are under fire, daily.  Slandered, daily.  Attacked daily.  Threatened daily.  Why are some people not removed?  Do I really have to explain it?

Peter Stzrok. 

Just talking my opinions. Not positing to ANYONE.   

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Why isn't it SOP to terminate any security clearances when the person leaves their position?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@LegalAmerican  Can anyone post to you?  :patriot: :seeya:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You're seeing words that are not there. Do you hear voices, as well?

Don't flatter yourself.  You are not worth reading closely.

:yawn2:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:45:23 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
GOOD IDEA.  So we have to assume, all people in obama adm, are corrupt, traitors?  My president TRUMP had a lot of obstruction, just getting in his cabinet or S. C. PICKS.  Fired Comey.  No one sees the back lash from that?  Can no one see, what would happen, with getting rid of all prior obamas adm. associates?  Think of demon-rats in congress.  They & some people want to blame my president Trump for laws put in by congress & obama,  today! More then half the people would be gone.  Then, what would they blame my president Trump for?

We are under fire, daily.  Slandered, daily.  Attacked daily.  Threatened daily.  Why are some people not removed?  Do I really have to explain it?

Peter Stzrok. 

Just talking my opinions. Not positing to ANYONE.

...in particular, you mean?   LOL!

That's not going to keep them from biting your ankles.

Keep up the fight, @LegalAmerican   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

Why isn't it SOP to terminate any security clearances when the person leaves their position?

Because there are times when the new personnel need to consult with their predecessor to address situations during their time.  It's useful for people within the same administration that don't stay in their positions for the full 8 years, as well.

Offline roamer_1

Don't flatter yourself.  You are not worth reading closely.

:yawn2:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

...in particular, you mean?   LOL!

That's not going to keep them from biting your ankles.

Keep up the fight, @LegalAmerican   :patriot:

Mega dittos! @LegalAmerican   :beer:

Offline edpc

You are not worth reading closely.

You'd have to know how, first.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Remove security clearances from all former FBI and intelligence employees.

One of the reasons the clearances are kept in "sleeper mode" is to make it easier for the former employee to accept another position with the government.  Eff that.  Let them each reapply when and if necessary.

If the President needs someone to have this clearance, he or she can apply for and be approved for a thirty day clearance.

Offline edpc

:mauslaff:

Seeing a fake quote posted by a pseudo-intellectual is not surprising, at all. I think the thing I like best about living rent-free in someone's empty head is the fantastic acoustics I get with my surround sound system.