Author Topic: Sanders: Trump considering removing security clearances for Obama-era officials  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Mod5

@Cyber Liberty Stop trolling.

@edpc  Stop carrying your grudges from thread to thread to thread.

I can't stand arguments that carry between threads.

Offline endicom

Why isn't it SOP to terminate any security clearances when the person leaves their position?

"The origin of the policy allowing these people to keep their clearances is that it is often necessary to bring back former employees who have valuable skills and specialties." https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/07/ishmael-jones-a-modest-proposal-2.php

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,325745.msg1750551.html#msg1750551

Offline endicom

That's half of the forum.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"The origin of the policy allowing these people to keep their clearances is that it is often necessary to bring back former employees who have valuable skills and specialties." https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/07/ishmael-jones-a-modest-proposal-2.php

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,325745.msg1750551.html#msg1750551

I don't give a rat's azz how valuable they are they should not have a clearance if they are not currently occupying a post that requires one.  And there is nothing to prevent anyone from getting a new clearance if it should become necessary.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't give a rat's azz how valuable they are they should not have a clearance if they are not currently occupying a post that requires one.  And there is nothing to prevent anyone from getting a new clearance if it should become necessary.

You are correct, and the SOP needs to be reviewed in the light of the unethical behavior on the part of some of the clearance holders.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline darroll

I had a high security clearance and the important stuff was left out to the suspects.
We had to keep our clearances as our promise that when we open our mouth we go to Leavenworth. I still refuse to talk about some things that went on in Nam. We might of got our butt kicked but they knew we were there.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You are correct, and the SOP needs to be reviewed in the light of the unethical behavior on the part of some of the clearance holders.

An sadly, we can no longer rely on a single agency to do proper clearance investigations it seems.  At least for some time that is.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

I had a high security clearance and the important stuff was left out to the suspects.
We had to keep our clearances as our promise that when we open our mouth we go to Leavenworth. I still refuse to talk about some things that went on in Nam. We might of got our butt kicked but they knew we were there.

Ya did not. You guys kicked ass. John Effing 3-Purple-Hearts Kerry is a POS.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

@darroll

I had the highest clearance one could get in those days and suffer from the same disease (difficulty talking about certain things) because it was drummed into our heads daily that intent has no bearing on anything WRT security breaches.  It appears that the rules have drastically changed.

And BTW: although no one bothered to tell us, our clearances did have an expiration date.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:00:21 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Trump considering removing security clearances for Obama-era officials"

Mr. Trump, please stop "considering"...
It is time to act.
Just do it!

Offline LegalAmerican

Why isn't it SOP to terminate any security clearances when the person leaves their position?

Excellent question!  Who knew?  When I left my job, I could not get into COUNTRY CLUB.   I did not know, they all, kept their clearances.
I think most people thought it ended, when the job ended.   Why would it not? 

So, why hasn't congress, taken care of this already?  Being president, is learning on the job. President Trump is learning quickly.  Why hasn't Rand Paul taken care of this ?  They like him on CNN & other media, because his whole purpose is to undermine the president. I am, sure this professional politician, with the help of his father Ron Paul, knew about this, but did nothing. Rand keeps wanting to show, what he knows, leading from behind, & doing hindsight comments.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  He barely received 1% support from we the people, and it is sour grapes on his part. Media loves to put Him on TV, as it is always something negative about president Trump.  He, has to save the day. Another RINO in my mind. All talk, all the time, and he is wishy washy. FOR illegals,,now, AGANST illegals.  Flip flopper, depending on who is president.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Excellent question!  Who knew?  When I left my job, I could not get into COUNTRY CLUB.   I did not know, they all, kept their clearances.
I think most people thought it ended, when the job ended.   Why would it not? 

So, why hasn't congress, taken care of this already?  Being president, is learning on the job. President Trump is learning quickly.  Why hasn't Rand Paul taken care of this ?  They like him on CNN & other media, because his whole purpose is to undermine the president. I am, sure this professional politician, with the help of his father Ron Paul, knew about this, but did nothing. Rand keeps wanting to show, what he knows, leading from behind, & doing hindsight comments.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  He barely received 1% support from we the people, and it is sour grapes on his part. Media loves to put Him on TV, as it is always something negative about president Trump.  He, has to save the day. Another RINO in my mind. All talk, all the time, and he is wishy washy. FOR illegals,,now, AGANST illegals.  Flip flopper, depending on who is president.

Seems that having a top security clearance is better than an 800 FICO credit score.

They are coveted and excuse the expression...'TRUMP' anybody without one.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican  Can anyone post to you?  :patriot: :seeya:

Sure. Why do you ask?  Post something of value, no lame meme's, mocking, attacking comments, then I am very easy to get along with. People on here think, I attack them, when I post?  Half is in their minds. I don't know anybody on here!  I post my facts, opinions, some general thoughts, some of my personal experiences.   People on here, think it is about themselves, or defend a politician as if I attack them personally.  People attack me left and right on here, yet never see themselves as PERSONALLY assaulting me.  It is strange . Then when I respond to the personal insults, to my person,  it is, I, who is doing the attacking!  I find that very strange.  A bunch on here, MOCK, post insulting meme's to me, but THAT is not personally attacking,,,ME.  Only when I respond, the gang gets upset at me.

Ask me questions, ask me, why I think the way I do, etc.  But never post a TIN FOIL hat to me. That is childish.

Ok, now everything I posted, IS NOT ABOUT ,,,,YOU.  I am speaking in general.  I can't remember who did what insulting post to me, or when, or what about.  Not talking about you.

Speak to me with respect, and it will be returned.  Easy.

I do post non- P.C. & I am blunt, when it concerns politicians, and some organization's.  Those are NOT personal attacks on any member.

Even that they take it as such. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:41:01 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

Seems that having a top security clearance is better than an 800 FICO credit score.

They are coveted and excuse the expression...'TRUMP' anybody without one.

Yes, seems like it.  ^5.  Good one! 

Funny you would mention 800 FICO SCORE.  Mine was 820, when buying this house.  That means, I pay my bills, do not default on them, am honorable, and do not lie or scam anyone, as some accused me of doing on here. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Mega dittos! @LegalAmerican   :beer:

Thank you BOTH.  :patriot:   888high58888

This is  a strange site for me.  lol.  Learning. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Remove security clearances from all former FBI and intelligence employees.

One of the reasons the clearances are kept in "sleeper mode" is to make it easier for the former employee to accept another position with the government.  Eff that.  Let them each reapply when and if necessary.

If the President needs someone to have this clearance, he or she can apply for and be approved for a thirty day clearance.

Good insight and I agree, this should be the way to handle it.   :thumbsup:   

Just like professional politicians voted themselves, LIFE LONG positions with no term limits.  Keeping themselves on the tax payers, dole, for years, and do nothing to help  the country, only themselves!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Sure. Why do you ask?

I was just wondering.  I've posted a couple of friendly replies to you....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

I was just wondering.  I've posted a couple of friendly replies to you....

Ok.  We are friends.  Thank you.   888high58888

I will remember you now, friend. 

Offline RoosGirl

I guess it's nice to finally go from "lock her up" to "considering" removing her security clearance.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Ok.  We are friends.  Thank you.   888high58888

I will remember you now, friend.

:beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

@Cyber Liberty Stop trolling.

@edpc  Stop carrying your grudges from thread to thread to thread.

I am new on here,  Are we allowed to respond?   Cyber Liberty is not the one, trolling.  He/she asked a question, & was personally attacked by several others for doing that.  It seems to me, ALL THE INNOCENT people on here are attacked, scolded,  but not the real perpetrators, who are the guilty ones.   

My observation.    So, does that mean, you will ban me now, for making that observation?   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I am new on here,  Are we allowed to respond?   Cyber Liberty is not the one, trolling.  He/she asked a question, & was personally attacked by several others for doing that.  It seems to me, ALL THE INNOCENT people on here are attacked, scolded,  but not the real perpetrators, who are the guilty ones.   

My observation.    So, does that mean, you will ban me now, for making that observation?

I wasn't bothered by that post from the Mod.  I was snarking at that other poster, and he was dredging up an old grudge against me.  It was a fair remark from the Mod.

It's not my call, but I don't see any "bannable" comments from you on this thread....
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

Cyber Liberty.  OK.