Author Topic: Ex-White House stenographer: Trump is ‘lying to the American people’  (Read 915 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-White House stenographer: Trump is ‘lying to the American people’
By John Bowden - 07/18/18 09:35 AM EDT

A White House stenographer says she resigned over the Trump administration's lack of respect for her office after President Trump reduced the roles of the White House position.

Becky Dorey-Stein, who worked as a stenographer for the White House during the second half of the Obama administration, told CNN's New Day on Wednesday that Trump's refusal to allow stenographers in the room for meetings and interviews with some journalists crossed a line.

"I quit because I couldn't be proud of where I worked anymore," Dorey-Stein said. "I felt like President Trump was lying to the American people, and also...not even trying to tell the truth. He wasn't even going the extra mile to have the stenographers in the room"

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/397600-ex-white-house-stenographer-trump-is-lying-to-the-american-people
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Since she's a holdover from Obama, who gives a crap what she says about Trump?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I can't believe a politician would ever lie.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Stenographer"?   Maybe  she can find a minimum-wage typing-pool position for her next job.  Or write a book on a stenotype.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

He doesn’t need a stenographer.  He makes notes.  The best notes.  Amazing notes.  Just like he really meant to say wouldn’t, he also really meant to put that extra ‘L’ in COLUSION.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Since she's a holdover from Obama, who gives a crap what she says about Trump?

She is probably a big reason he disallowed stenographers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

"I felt like President Trump was lying to the American people,

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Stenographer"?   Maybe  she can find a minimum-wage typing-pool position for her next job.  Or write a book on a stenotype.

@The Ghost

Naw!  That would never pay as well as the deal she had pipelining every word she wrote down in those meetings to CNN!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

@edpc

I read the article - she said Trump didn't like a microphone near his head to record what he was saying.  He evidently didn't want a record of what he said.  Maybe he remembers Nixon and his tapes.  I see no reason to make a record unless it is important, such as having an important person there talking about an important subject when one would want to know exactly what was said.  That is likely what she means, not everyday back and forth, but something important when facts would matter.

Offline edpc

I read the article - she said Trump didn't like a microphone near his head to record what he was saying.  He evidently didn't want a record of what he said.  Maybe he remembers Nixon and his tapes.  I see no reason to make a record unless it is important, such as having an important person there talking about an important subject when one would want to know exactly what was said.  That is likely what she means, not everyday back and forth, but something important when facts would matter.

Well, he's really going to hate the Cohen case, if there are recordings of him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/if-trump-lawyer-cohen-recorded-conversations-ok-n866236

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
She is probably a big reason he disallowed stenographers.

A rare bit of common sense.

Tomorrow Paul Ryan urge this steno be given immunity. Jeff Flake will author bill, to have  lip reader with a telescope follow Trump's golf outings.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Somebody call a Waahmbulance.

Offline edpc

Jeff Flake will author bill, to have  lip reader with a telescope follow Trump's golf outings.

No need.  We already saw him take 6 shots and write 4 on the scorecard.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Check this out.

Universal Pictures and Anonymous Content have teamed to adapt a book proposal by a former White House stenographer.
The Obama White House is heading to the big screen via a high-concept workplace comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Universal Pictures has optioned From the Corner of the Oval, a book proposal by Beck Dorey-Stein, a former White House stenographer.

https://hollywoodreporter.com/news/obama-white-house-workplace-comedy-development-987039
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: