Author Topic: Prosecutors Want Suspected Covert Russian Agent Kept In Jail  (Read 530 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
WASHINGTON (AP) — A 29-year-old gun-rights activist accused of being a covert Russian agent was likely in contact with Kremlin operatives while she lived in the United States, prosecutors said Wednesday in court papers.

Maria Butina had contact information for people who, prosecutors say, were employees of the Russia’s Federal Security Services, or FSB, according to the government. The FBI also observed her dining privately with a Russian diplomat suspected of being an intelligence operative, in the weeks before the envoy’s departure from the U.S. last March.

Prosecutors made the allegations in documents that also accuse her of using sex and deception to establish influential connections she could tap to infiltrate U.S. political organizations and gather intelligence for a senior Russian official.

https://apnews.com/927e0ff13d39469eabad0eca0c3aa860/Prosecutors-want-suspected-covert-Russian-agent-kept-in-jail
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Prosecutors Want Suspected Covert Russian Agent Kept In Jail
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 05:43:58 pm »
Wow. Russians spying on us. Has that ever happened before Trump?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 06:05:37 pm »
Spying isn't the story here.  Foreigners using groups like the NRA to attempt establishment of backchannel influence in politics is.  Engaging with someone like Alexandr Torshin is a mistake.  Knowing what a political lightning rod the NRA is and the division 2A causes in public debate, it's clearly an attempt to sow discord.  There's no credible gun rights movement in Russia and there's no upside for the NRA getting involved with someone who served in the United Russia Party.  Torshin also has suspected Russian mafia and intelligence links.  The UR party is known as the 'party of crooks and theives' in their home country and is headed by Putin.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 06:06:52 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 06:36:31 pm »
She was set up.  I don't trust anything our Alphabets say anymore.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.