Author Topic: Bush CIA director says agency leaders should consider resigning over Trump-Putin press conference  (Read 8128 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@edpc

Yes, Kasich lives by Jesus' words.  I won't quote the verses, but Jesus constantly said to help the poor.  Kasich has done that all his adult life and he will likely have a mansion in Heaven due to his good works - I hope to have a tent or Duplex in Heaven.

I have to disagree with this strongly.  Jesus DID NOT say to confiscate resources from some people and redistribute them to other people.

Offline Frank Cannon

I have to disagree with this strongly.  Jesus DID NOT say to confiscate resources from some people and redistribute them to other people.

It's clearly written in the book of Marvin 3:23.

Offline Victoria33

Kasich is okay, I think he has gone lenient on immigration, mainly to try to fill a niche in the Republican party that is NOT hawkish on border security. If he keeps that up, I can not agree with that.   Otherwise, fiscally responsible, brought his state's economy back, very pro-life. All of these are great pluses.
@TomSea

Thanks for your post using facts instead of emotion.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@edpc

Yes, Kasich lives by Jesus' words.  I won't quote the verses, but Jesus constantly said to help the poor.  Kasich has done that all his adult life and he will likely have a mansion in Heaven due to his good works - I hope to have a tent or Duplex in Heaven.

Anybody who insists on helping the poor by taxing others is not doing the ''Good Works."  He's playing Robin Hood.  The government is not the proper instrument for that, because taxes are involuntary.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

That’s all well and good. I just don’t think government is intended to be a charitable works group.  In fact, when they attempt it, they fail miserably.

It is when you don't want to do it yourself.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It is when you don't want to do it yourself.

Which takes it firmly outside the realm of charity.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@TomSea

Thanks for your post using facts instead of emotion.

@Victoria33

Besides that, I read and the article was posted here in 2016 I believe, on how John Kasich lost both of his parents to a drunk driver cerca 1988. That certainly must be a tremendously challenging and sad thing for anyone to go through.

So, he has my respect, as to his "compassionate" attitude towards illegals, that I can't go along with.

Offline Victoria33

@Sanguine

It was Kasich's "personal" belief to help the poor.  He didn't say "confiscate resources from some people and redistribute them to other people".  In his private life he gives to the poor.  He believes in work programs for the poor, not give away.  It is the federal government that takes taxpayer's money.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

It was Kasich's "personal" belief to help the poor.  He didn't say "confiscate resources from some people and redistribute them to other people".  In his private life he gives to the poor.  He believes in work programs for the poor, not give away.  It is the federal government that takes taxpayer's money.

Work programs have the same effect - they take money from people who earn it and give it to people who are unable to sell their labor in the free market.  But, either way, I think Kasich could turn his many talents into a charity and that would probably be a much better fit for him.

And, I know Kasich claims he balanced the budget, but then so does Gingrich.

Offline TomSea

I thought Kasich teamed up with Gingrich to balance the budget.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I thought Kasich teamed up with Gingrich to balance the budget.

They were two members of the team. They have both claimed that they were the "one" who balanced the budget. (And, in reality, the economy did more to balance the budget than any one person.)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It's amazing that the Bush administration is getting involved in this or however you would describe this. I'm not going to speak derisively of Bush as these threads seem to get such remarks; but I highly question their statements and motives.

I appreciate that Tom, but it is a reach to attribute remarks of a former Bush advisor to Bush himself.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
At some point very senior officials have to decide when they have stopped being a guard rail

Considering the CIA is a world wide laughing stock and has not anything tangible to keep America safe, I have no problem with everyone quitting and shutting the doors on it.

I believe the Russians did some serious espionage prior to the election, but I don't think it had anything to do with Trump.

The Russians, along with everyone else, thought Hillary would be elected.  They were investigating her, trying to read her e-mails and get dirt on her so that she could be blackmailed after she became president.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I believe the Russians did some serious espionage prior to the election, but I don't think it had anything to do with Trump.

The Russians, along with everyone else, thought Hillary would be elected.  They were investigating her, trying to read her e-mails and get dirt on her so that she could be blackmailed after she became president.

I find that very possible.

Online corbe

Both Kasich and Gingrich were signatories of the 'Contract with America' as was almost every other Republican in the US House.    They both played a significant role.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The forum barking dogs are all lining up, right on queue. Shocking.

Yep ... a headline with the words Trump-Putin conference is red meat to them.

Offline dfwgator

Just as the Brits did serious espionage before WWII to try to get the dirt on Isolationist candidates.   Been going on since Man crawled out of the slime.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

When I lived in OH, the state, city and school district taxes reached into my pocket, as well.  In fact, the school district held three votes on the levy, until they got it passed.  Kasich was all too happy to take federal tax dollars to support Medicaid to prop up Obamacare in the state.  He’s not the guy we need at the helm.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm with you!

All these agencies have been infected with people like Strzok. It is these same people who promote people. I think it's highly likely that they promote like minded statists rather than people who might be more objective.

What exactly have these agencies done to encourage Trump's support?

Or to earn the support of the public?  Nothing.  Swamp creatures have infected agencies we used to trust and should be able to trust.

Offline TomSea

The Brits may spy and we spy.

Countries like North Korea, Russia and China and Iran, would like to undermine the US and/or the West.

It's been said even the refugee crisis in Europe may be weaponized by Russia. A lot of those people are fleeing Assad. And we don't help things, acting like we have in say, Iraq and Afghanistan. Some of this is unavoidable, make no mistake about it in fighting terrorists like the Talban.

Is there a "moral equivalence" between Russia and the UK? IMO, No.

Offline jpsb

Do tell Michael Hayden, where are those nukes Saddam was working on in Iraq? Anyone associated
with Bush'e intelligence community should be to ashamed to open their mouths.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Do tell Michael Hayden, where are those nukes Saddam was working on in Iraq? Anyone associated
with Bush'e intelligence community should be to ashamed to open their mouths.

The yellowcake - tons of it - was at Tuwaitha.  The plans for the atomic program were in Mahdi Obeidi‘s garden.  He wrote a book about it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The pretzels the Putin defenders like yourself are twisting yourself into in order to defend Trump's kissy kissy session with Vlad is nothing short of amazing.

That's twice now in the lasts two months he's thrown his own country under the bus in front of countries who are not our friends and people here are just lapping it up and talking about how wonderful it is that our President does that.

Funny thing is...it's the same people that bitched and complained...rightfully so...when Obama went on his world apology tour.

Different president...different set of rules I guess.

@txradioguy   I have wisely chosen to keep you on ignore as you have drifted over into the realm of insanity in your hatred of Trump.

Trump has not thrown our country under the bus; instead he is taking steps to make America more competitive in world trade.  The U.S. has been at a disadvantage for years.  One may criticize tariffs and many have, but Trump is doing it to promote fair trade.

The Trump haters would have criticized Trump/Putin no matter what Trump did.  He chose to be diplomatic in his face to face with Putin.  To have been belligerent and confrontive would have served no purpose at all.  That does not mean that Trump underestimates Putin or thinks he is a friend ... it simply means that he had a good meeting that may result in better US/Russia relations.

Offline dfwgator

@txradioguy   I have wisely chosen to keep you on ignore as you have drifted over into the realm of insanity in your hatred of Trump.

Trump has not thrown our country under the bus; instead he is taking steps to make America more competitive in world trade.  The U.S. has been at a disadvantage for years.  One may criticize tariffs and many have, but Trump is doing it to promote fair trade.

It's no different than when Nixon went to China to meet with the murderous thug Mao.   Actually it is different,   Putin didn't send troops explicitly to kill US soldiers, like Mao did in Korea.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 05:32:11 pm by dfwgator »

Silver Pines

The Trump haters would have criticized Trump/Putin no matter what Trump did.  He chose to be diplomatic in his face to face with Putin.  To have been belligerent and confrontive would have served no purpose at all.  That does not mean that Trump underestimates Putin or thinks he is a friend ... it simply means that he had a good meeting that may result in better US/Russia relations.

@Emjay,

I don't think your ignore function is working properly.