Author Topic: Bush CIA director says agency leaders should consider resigning over Trump-Putin press conference  (Read 8192 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bush CIA director says agency leaders should consider resigning over Trump-Putin press conference
by Steven Nelson
 | July 16, 2018 02:01 PM

Michael Hayden, the former director of the CIA and the National Security Agency, said spy agency leaders have grounds to resign following President Trump's Monday remarks at a press conference with Vladimir Putin.

"It’s a personal choice, of course, but what more should it take?" Hayden told the Washington Examiner after Trump openly expressed doubt about whether Russia intervened in the 2016 U.S. election.

"At some point very senior officials have to decide when they have stopped being a guard rail and when their presence is now merely an enabler and legitimizer. That is the question they must answer," he said. "To be fair, that is very hard question. But sooner or later one has to ask what message staying on sends to the general American public and to the rest of the world."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/bush-cia-director-says-agency-leaders-should-consider-resigning-over-trump-putin-press-conference
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's amazing that the Bush administration is getting involved in this or however you would describe this. I'm not going to speak derisively of Bush as these threads seem to get such remarks; but I highly question their statements and motives.

Offline Frank Cannon

At some point very senior officials have to decide when they have stopped being a guard rail

Considering the CIA is a world wide laughing stock and has not anything tangible to keep America safe, I have no problem with everyone quitting and shutting the doors on it.

Offline dfwgator

Geez, do these guys knee-jerk much?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm surprised they haven't resigned over some of the early verbal abuse they took from Trump long before this meeting.

Just saw a statement on Fox News from Trump's own DNI that disputes what the President said in Helsinki.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Geez, do these guys knee-jerk much?

Not necessarily a knee jerk when you've seen the intel that the President says doesn't exist or you're lying about like Hayden and a few others have.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

Standing alongside the Russian leader, Trump said, "my people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others saying they think it's Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it is not Russia. I will say this, I don't see any reason why it would be."

I don't agree with this but I don't see this as a deal-breaker. He may just be honest in how he sees it.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The forum barking dogs are all lining up, right on queue. Shocking.

Offline TomSea

Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!
- Trump tweet yesterday.

If this is all wrong, I hope Bolton tells him.

BTW, Bolton was to go on CNN and the White House cancelled the appearance for some reason. In the news the past few days, not posted here though from what I saw.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:44:07 pm by TomSea »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I don't think you want to call a state leader a liar to his face.

Tweet it later.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Frank Cannon

Not necessarily a knee jerk when you've seen the intel that the President says doesn't exist or you're lying about like Hayden and a few others have.

Is this the same stellar intel that sent us into 2 decades long wars, let people die running marathons and overall have been nothing but a bucket of shit?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Offline Frank Cannon

Aren't these the same folks that totally blew the Arab Spring along with a whole host of other events? Weapons of Mass Destruction.

• Technical
Aren't these the same folks that totally blew the Arab Spring along with a whole host of other events? Weapons of Mass Destruction.

It’s trumps show now Frankie.

Offline dfwgator

- Trump tweet yesterday.

If this is all wrong, I hope Bolton tells him.

BTW, Bolton was to go on CNN and the White House cancelled the appearance for some reason. In the news the past few days, not posted here though from what I saw.

Some things are just put out for public consumption,   nobody knows what is really happening behind the scenes,  yet all these knee-jerkers think they know.

• Technical
Some things are just put out for public consumption,   nobody knows what is really happening behind the scenes,  yet all these knee-jerkers think they know.

Right you might think you have a president public ally attacking the same shit he’s running. Imagine that!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

We don't have to guess.  Trump blurts it out.

Offline bilo

I don't agree with this but I don't see this as a deal-breaker. He may just be honest in how he sees it.

Nobody is asking why Trump should trust our intelligence agencies. I know he has appointed the heads of the depts., but the next tier are all careerists and it was careerists that have not cooperated with Congress and have been more than suspect in their work product.

Also, everyone seems to have wanted Trump to stand up there and dress down Putin. What would that have accomplished?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Tweet it later.

Thank you!

All that would have done is flip the narrative to "Trump sets back relationship to the cold war era".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Also, everyone seems to have wanted Trump to stand up there and dress down Putin. What would that have accomplished?

It would have been better than the kissy kissy bromance we saw play out on TV.

It's crap like that...that will just give the people advocating for Mueller to continue his stupid investigation the motivation to keep digging and keep dragging that clown show out for years.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Tweet it later.

But as Trump has shown with other world Dictators he won't do that...we already know this.  He'll speak in glowing terms just like he did with Xi of China and Kim of North Korea.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Nobody is asking why Trump should trust our intelligence agencies. I know he has appointed the heads of the depts., but the next tier are all careerists and it was careerists that have not cooperated with Congress and have been more than suspect in their work product.

@bilo

Trump has no more reason to trust the intelligence agencies than he does the FBI or DOJ IMHO.  I don't trust any of them now!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:41:38 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@bilo

Trump has no more reason to trust the intelligence agencies that he does the FBI or DOJ IMHO.  I don't trust any of them now!

Only the best people...  :pondering:

Offline bilo

It would have been better than the kissy kissy bromance we saw play out on TV.

It's crap like that...that will just give the people advocating for Mueller to continue his stupid investigation the motivation to keep digging and keep dragging that clown show out for years.

I watched the news conference and thought Trump was straightforward. He side stepped the question about whether he believed our intelligence services or Putin. I think that was pretty smart, if he wants to get anything meaningful accomplished with Putin. We need cooperation with Russia in Syria, Iran, and North Korea. Confronting Putin only makes that tougher.

The question about the hacking of the DNC servers that nobody seems to be able to find makes me wonder whats on those servers not who did the hacking.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Only the best people...  :pondering:

"I get 150 miles from Northern Virginia and I'm in a whole different world!"  Peter Strzok

Where is it written that the CIA and the NSA cannot be poeticized just like the IRS, FBI, DOJ, EPA, … have been?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien