Author Topic: Bush CIA director says agency leaders should consider resigning over Trump-Putin press conference  (Read 8135 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Is this the same stellar intel that sent us into 2 decades long wars, let people die running marathons and overall have been nothing but a bucket of shit?

Yeah, I've pretty much lost trust and respect for the FBI and this marathon investigation.

I like what Trump is doing.  He is trying to reach some kind of understanding with Putin that will keep the peace.  I don't care about this battle of words and this braying by the media that Putin won this debate.

Putin won nothing.  Trump knows what Putin is and he also wants to keep us out of war with Russia.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

There you go again @truth_seeker as far as I know only one person here voted for hellary in 2016 and it's not who you think it is as and as much as I respect my Dear Friends Kasich push. it does not make a Conservative movement.  Most the Never's that I'm acquainted with here drew the line in the sand not with Trump, per say, but with NY Liberals in general.

We're not going to start that crap again.

In 1-1/2 years, he proving to anybody interested that, he's NOT a NY liberal.

More Conservative agenda than Pres. Reagan, at comparable times into their respective administrations.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Oh....and I see Sebastian Gorka agrees with everything I've posted here today on the subject.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yeah, I've pretty much lost trust and respect for the FBI and this marathon investigation.

I like what Trump is doing.  He is trying to reach some kind of understanding with Putin that will keep the peace.  I don't care about this battle of words and this braying by the media that Putin won this debate.

Putin won nothing.  Trump knows what Putin is and he also wants to keep us out of war with Russia.

@Emjay

Amen! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bilo

There you go again @truth_seeker as far as I know only one person here voted for hellary in 2016 and it's not who you think it is as and as much as I respect my Dear Friends Kasich push. it does not make a Conservative movement.  Most the Never's that I'm acquainted with here drew the line in the sand not with Trump, per say, but with NY Liberals in general.

Well said!

I know that was always my concern, that once in office Trump would revert to his NY liberal roots. I have been so happy to see I was wrong.

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I sure will in 2020.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online corbe

I agree @bilo and also have been pleasantly surprised that so far, 18 months in, he has pretty much stayed away from his 'Roots', hope he keeps it up.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It seems the media and the Rats want to turn a lack of criticizing of Putin into "treason". I thought Trump was surprisingly diplomatic. I do give him credit for not allowing the media to box him into a corner, especially with his responses about the missing DNC servers. All in all, I though it was a good press conference. If we can get greater cooperation from Russia it will also serve as a firewall to China/Russia cooperation.

@bilo  I agree and I'm thankful he didn't let either Chuck You Schumer or McCain bully him into being confrontational with Putin.

If anyone can tell me what good that would have done, I'd welcome the information.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   I agree @bilo and also have been pleasantly surprised that so far, 18 months in, he has pretty much stayed away from his 'Roots', hope he keeps it up.

Okay @corbe ... as the saying goes 'I've fallen and I can't get up."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city. But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victim, and he wears their face and their garments and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the plague."

Cicero About 2500 years ago  He was right at the time and still is today!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

2020 Will vote for John Kasich
as seen, and documented, at the "Conservative Hub"

No balanced budget since Kasich left congress - two balanced budgets when he was in charge of the budget.  Balanced budgets since he has been governor of Ohio.

Offline Victoria33

To what end?
@Sanguine

I live in Texas, a vote for Clinton would mean nothing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

I live in Texas, a vote for Clinton would mean nothing.

Sorry, Victoria, I wasn't very clear.  I was asking @truth_seeker why he was noting and documenting your statement.  What is the point?

Offline Victoria33

"...As far as I know only one person here voted for hellary in 2016 and it's not who you think it is as and as much as I respect my Dear Friends Kasich push. it does not make a Conservative movement.  Most the Never's that I'm acquainted with here drew the line in the sand not with Trump, per say, but with NY Liberals in general.
@corbe

I was deep in politics, working with the state Republican Party when Kasich was in congress.  I watched him balance two US budgets and it has not been balanced since he left congress.  It upset me when he left congress.  He was unmarried at the time, and married shortly after leaving congress and getting a job to support the family that came from that union.  Ohio budgets have been balanced every year he has been governor.  A family member lives in Ohio and he is a big conservative and is happy with what Kasich has done in Ohio.  I don't know who will run in 2002 but Kasich is going to do that, already makes trips into the north east, Mass., New Hampshire, etc.  I will survey the candidates and make a choice, but I would be content if he is the candidate.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@corbe

I was deep in politics, working with the state Republican Party when Kasich was in congress.  I watched him balance two US budgets and it has not been balanced since he left congress.  It upset me when he left congress.  He was unmarried at the time, and married shortly after leaving congress and getting a job to support the family that came from that union.  Ohio budgets have been balanced every year he has been governor.  A family member lives in Ohio and he is a big conservative and is happy with what Kasich has done in Ohio.  I don't know who will run in 2002 but Kasich is going to do that, already makes trips into the north east, Mass., New Hampshire, etc.  I will survey the candidates and make a choice, but I would be content if he is the candidate.

John Kasich is a charter member of the inside the beltway establishment and thus a big part of the problem rather than the solution!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kasich is okay, I think he has gone lenient on immigration, mainly to try to fill a niche in the Republican party that is NOT hawkish on border security. If he keeps that up, I can not agree with that.

Otherwise, fiscally responsible, brought his state's economy back, very pro-life. All of these are great pluses.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
On Moderates and Moderation by Synil West January 10, 2011.

'Moderation is good when it comes to most personal behaviors--eating, spending, sports, sex. Too much of any good thing--even something as life-giving as sunshine--can be detrimental. But there can be no moderation in regard to principle..........A moderate is someone whose chief goal is to be included and liked by everyone.......A moderate is so open minded that his brain has fallen out, whose singular distinguishing characteristic is his inability to take a stand.......Moderates do not play to win. They are playing not to lose.......'

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

He also takes frequent shots from movement conservatives for his opposition to mass deportation of illegal immigrants, his acceptance of Supreme Court decisions expanding gay rights, and for insufficient zeal in the fight to repeal Obamacare, among other things. He names Robert Kennedy as one of his teenage heroes and likes to say that when a politician reaches the Pearly Gates, St. Peter isn't going to ask about tax cuts or spending reforms but "what you did for the poor."

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/opinion/20170425/column-john-kasich-is-back-same-good-man-with-same-bad-idea

This is my biggest problem with Kasich. If he wants to run a large non-profit, fine.  However, his views are not the proper role for government or its chief executive.  It’s becoming more difficult to tell the political difference between Kasich and Kucinich as time goes on.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:05:46 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I don't think you want to call a state leader a liar to his face.

Tweet it later.

Trump should have had someone with him in the one-on-one meeting. No world leader attacks another in a joint press conference. I'd like to know if anyone in our intelligence community has ever examined the DNC server. Since when are the uncorroborated findings of a DNC hand-picked private company taken as US intel?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline dfwgator

Trump should have had someone with him in the one-on-one meeting. 

Then it wouldn't be a "one-on-one meeting", would it?

Offline Slide Rule

Bush CIA director says agency leaders should consider resigning over Trump-Putin press conference
by Steven Nelson
 | July 16, 2018 02:01 PM

Michael Hayden, the former director of the CIA and the National Security Agency, said spy agency leaders have grounds to resign following President Trump's Monday remarks at a press conference with Vladimir Putin.

"It’s a personal choice, of course, but what more should it take?" Hayden told the Washington Examiner after Trump openly expressed doubt about whether Russia intervened in the 2016 U.S. election.

"At some point very senior officials have to decide when they have stopped being a guard rail and when their presence is now merely an enabler and legitimizer. That is the question they must answer," he said. "To be fair, that is very hard question. But sooner or later one has to ask what message staying on sends to the general American public and to the rest of the world."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/bush-cia-director-says-agency-leaders-should-consider-resigning-over-trump-putin-press-conference

I agree with this Hayden guy. Let them all resign.

The sooner the better.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Then it wouldn't be a "one-on-one meeting", would it?

Correct. I don't think it was wise to do it the way he did.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Victoria33

"...and likes to say that when a politician reaches the Pearly Gates, St. Peter isn't going to ask about tax cuts or spending reforms but "what you did for the poor."
@edpc

Yes, Kasich lives by Jesus' words.  I won't quote the verses, but Jesus constantly said to help the poor.  Kasich has done that all his adult life and he will likely have a mansion in Heaven due to his good works - I hope to have a tent or Duplex in Heaven.

Silver Pines

I don't think you want to call a state leader a liar to his face.

Tweet it later.

@Restored

No, you just want to lay the blame on your own country, like Obama would have done.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@edpc Yes, Kasich lives by Jesus' words.  I won't quote the verses, but Jesus constantly said to help the poor.  Kasich has done that all his adult life and he will likely have a mansion in Heaven due to his good works - I hope to have a tent or Duplex in Heaven.

That’s all well and good.  I just don’t think government is intended to be a charitable works group.  In fact, when they attempt it, they fail miserably.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@edpc

Yes, Kasich lives by Jesus' words.  I won't quote the verses, but Jesus constantly said to help the poor.  Kasich has done that all his adult life and he will likely have a mansion in Heaven due to his good works - I hope to have a tent or Duplex in Heaven.

@Victoria33

Show me the place where Jesus EVER said "give your money to Caesar so HE can take care of the poor"!  Even one instance please!  I'll wait!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:28:04 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien