Author Topic: British tabloid hits Trump for sitting in Churchill's chair: 'How dare you’  (Read 3819 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
British tabloid hits Trump for sitting in Churchill's chair: 'How dare you’
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 07/14/18 12:55 PM EDT

British tabloid The Daily Mirror used its front page to hit President Trump for sitting in former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill’s chair.

“How dare you,” the headline on the Mirror’s front page on Saturday reads.

“You insult our country, attack our NHS, embarrass our Queen, undermine our ‘special relationship,’ humiliate our PM…and then smugly pose in Winston Churchill’s armchair,” the front page states.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/397024-british-tabloid-hits-trump-for-sitting-in-churchills-chair-how-dare-you
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

How DARE you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Take it up with Sir Winston's ghost.

After Half of the RAF fighter pilots died in 1940 to repulse invaders, US GI training came with severe admonitions to Not bed the British girls. They were That overjoyed to have us there.

Labor has been as pernicious to Britain as our Rats have been to us.

Sitting in a chair, or bouncing in your sister's bed?

I'm thinking Sir Winston would be fit to be tied over this paper's 'Bloody Cheek'.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline mountaineer

I suspect he was invited.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

• Wulf Anson Author
I suspect he was invited.

I suspect you're right.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Frank Cannon

That's a nice looking chair. I'd sit in it too.

Offline dfwgator

Oh, so NOW the British Left love Churchill.

They've been trying to do everything in their power to remove Churchill from British History.

• Wulf Anson Author
As Harry Flashman would have it;

"That, Sir, will be twice too much more than half enough!"

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Pffft. The Brits disdain Churchill these days. Too much of a antiquated conservative relic.

The Queen, no pun intended, doth protest too much.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Churchill, Britain's best modern leader, was half American. His best half.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

I  have been to Chequers, Winston Churchill's home. One can view the rooms but not go in.  They let Trump into the room to sit in the chair. There are recordings of his speeches outside the rooms that one can start if wanting to hear them.  The place is like Churchill, really, really, big.

• Wulf Anson Author
Churchill was not one to stand overmuch on ceremony.

In Washington he greeted FDR's knock on his door dripping wet from the tub, stark naked.

Offline dfwgator

Churchill was not one to stand overmuch on ceremony.

In Washington he greeted FDR's knock on his door dripping wet from the tub, stark naked.

Churchill is my all-time favorite historical figure.  The fact he could come back after such a bungle as Gallipoli, says a lot about the man's character.

Silver Pines

@mystery-ak

I  have been to Chequers, Winston Churchill's home. One can view the rooms but not go in.  They let Trump into the room to sit in the chair. There are recordings of his speeches outside the rooms that one can start if wanting to hear them.  The place is like Churchill, really, really, big.

@Victoria33

That's what I thought, too.  It's a cool old chair...love the color.

The British press sounds like

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Looks to me that Mr. Trump struck up EXACTLY the right pose for Churchill's chair... ;)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:51:59 pm by Fishrrman »

• Wulf Anson Author
“You have enemies? Good. It means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”

Sir Winston

Offline darroll

“You have enemies? Good. It means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”

Sir Winston
10/4

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Methinks Churchill would have great respect for President Trump.

Offline dfwgator

Looks to me that Mr. Trump struck up EXACTLY the right pose for Churchill's chair... ;)

"Like a boss!"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Hmmm...don't remember the Sun getting upset when Obama got rid of the bust of Winston from the oval office...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

• Wulf Anson Author
Methinks Churchill would have great respect for President Trump.

Had it been Trump and not FDR in '41 I'm thinking our POTUS wouldn't have needed the pretext of over 2,000 Americans murdered at Pearl Harbor, which FDR Engineered, to come to Britain's aid.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:54:45 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
the source told the paper.

If I were "royalty" of this former power,  saved twice by the US, I would not snub their leader.

Common sense.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline thackney

Had it been Trump and not FDR in '41 I'm thinking our POTUS wouldn't have needed the pretext of over 2,000 Americans murdered at Pearl Harbor, which FDR Engineered, to come to Britain's aid.

FDR engineered Pearl Harbor?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

• Wulf Anson Author
FDR engineered Pearl Harbor?

Had 4 days notice (perhaps more) the Japanese Fleet with aircraft carriers were coming.

FDR sat on it.

Offline Victoria33

Proper respect for Churchill would have been for Trump to stand beside the chair instead of sitting in it.