Author Topic: John McCain To Resign Senate Seat on the 4th of July, Says Aide. Cindy McCain Offered his Seat  (Read 4517 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Stan Greene
Observer Staff Writer
John McCain To Resign Senate Seat on the 4th of July, Says Aide. Cindy McCain Offered his Seat

Former Republican Nominee for President wants to avoid a defeat for Trump's SCOTUS nominee

Senator John McCain will resign his US Senate seat on July 4, 2018, says an aide who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to speak to the press.

"In the end, it was about Kennedy resigning from the Supreme Court," said the aide. "Confirming a (SCOTUS) replacement before the election is considered in the interest of the national Republican party, so that it doesn't become an issue for Dems to run on in every race," said the aide, meaning every race for Senate or Congress.

The Aide indicated that the Senator wanted to wait until June 1 to resign, so that his seat would not be on the ballot along with retiring Jeff Flake. Republican Gov. Doug Ducey will appoint a Senator to serve until the 2020 election.

more
http://www.smobserved.com/story/2018/07/01/news/john-mccain-to-resign-senate-seat-on-the-4th-of-july-says-aide-cindy-mccain-offered-his-seat/3517.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SirLinksALot

RE: Cindy McCain Offered his Seat

Did the governor talk to Cindy and REALLY offered her husband's seat?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Maybe I am jaded. I am skeptical of all of this.
I am skeptical that McCain will really resign.
I am skeptical that Ducey would be stupid enough to give his seat to Cindy McCain.
She is as qualified to be a Senator as my Pizza delivery guy, and I don't see him getting a Senate seat anytime soon.

Unless maybe his father is a Senator, or his Uncle, or something. From the way this seems to be going if my pizza guy has any relation who is a Senator, maybe he will become Senator after all...?

Since we are granting office based on relations, any one of us could become a Senator at any time, based on some long lost relative.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 06:55:16 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
He'll prolly croak on the 4th just for spite.

When he does I have a fifth on the forth to celebrate..
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline libertybele

He'll prolly croak on the 4th just for spite.

When he does I have a fifth on the forth to celebrate..

Don't toy with us ... a fifth of what??  Fireworks anyone?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

Don't toy with us ... a fifth of what??  Fireworks anyone?

Something made/distilled in America by 'mericans by Gawd!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
If true and bears-out, we have truly become a monarchy with a divine blood-right of ruling nobles imbued in our governing process.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

Something made/distilled in America by 'mericans by Gawd!

:beer:     :patriot:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Well she may as well take the seat. Pill Popping Cindy has been running Crazy Johnnies Twit and press releases since he died months ago.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
If true and bears-out, we have truly become a monarchy with a divine blood-right of ruling nobles imbued in our governing process.

Not a government for the people by the people.  No.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

Az you really need to clean up your act. No more McCains!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
RE: Cindy McCain Offered his Seat

Did the governor talk to Cindy and REALLY offered her husband's seat?

Hard to say.  All I see is wild speculation on the subject of a hereditary Senate Seat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

If the result is a guaranteed vote for Trumps nominee, how many will be overly bothered by who gets the seat to finish his term.

Offline WingNot

If the result is a guaranteed vote for Trumps nominee, how many will be overly bothered by who gets the seat to finish his term.

Right......  Songbird has left instructions with his "wife" to oppose any and all things Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Right......  Songbird has left instructions with his "wife" to oppose any and all things Trump.

Governor Ducey should be reminded there is a sufficient number of Republicans in the AZ House and Senate to impeach him after the election if he chooses to pick the pill-popping Beer Baroness to replace McStain.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Although I seldom agree with Oceander, I -do- concur with his assessment above.

If all we get from Senator Cindy McCain is the "yes vote" that confirms Mr. Trump's upcoming Supreme Court nominee, that will be "enough" for me.

Let her fill an otherwise-empty seat for a while.
Perhaps we'll get a few more useful votes out of her.

That's much more than can be said about what we're getting from "McCain's seat" RIGHT NOW.

Offline Hoodat

A guaranteed vote works for me, although I don't see how Cindy would want the responsibility of the job during (and after) her husband's final days.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I’ll be overly bothered by the constant ‘WWJMc do?’ she’ll inevitably bring up on every issue.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

Tomorrow is "D" day!...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

I was thinking more along these lines.

! No longer available

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Widows Who Succeeded Their Husbands in Congress
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 08:08:39 pm »
Widows Who Succeeded Their Husbands in Congress (PDF)

47 women have been elected or appointed to fill congressional vacancies created by the deaths of their husbands, 8 to the U.S. Senate and 39 to the U. S. House of Representatives.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 08:17:21 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline skeeter

Maybe I am jaded. I am skeptical of all of this.
I am skeptical that McCain will really resign.
I am skeptical that Ducey would be stupid enough to give his seat to Cindy McCain.
She is as qualified to be a Senator as my Pizza delivery guy, and I don't see him getting a Senate seat anytime soon.

Unless maybe his father is a Senator, or his Uncle, or something. From the way this seems to be going if my pizza guy has any relation who is a Senator, maybe he will become Senator after all...?

Since we are granting office based on relations, any one of us could become a Senator at any time, based on some long lost relative.

I'm skeptical of McCain's motive as stated here. If true it would be the first time he'd ever done anything high profile that would benefit the party only and win him no personal praise from the MSM.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

Re: Widows Who Succeeded Their Husbands in Congress
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2018, 08:22:11 pm »
Widows Who Succeeded Their Husbands in Congress (PDF)

47 women have been elected or appointed to fill congressional vacancies created by the deaths of their husbands, 8 to the U.S. Senate and 39 to the U. S. House of Representatives.

Only counted a handful (6) of "R's"in that list.  Looks like it is a rat thing to do.