Author Topic: George Will: Vote Democrat This Fall If You Care About Your Country  (Read 3535 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: George Will: Vote Democrat This Fall If You Care About Your Country
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2018, 08:16:18 pm »
I have my moments...

Wishing you many more!   :laugh:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2018, 09:00:30 pm »
It's not surprising the contempt shown to both scripture and anyone who does not follow in lockstep to their groupthink by our usual suspects.

Is there a point to that statement other than to irritate some members here?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2018, 09:19:11 pm »
Is there a point to that statement other than to irritate some members here?

Hopefully they have me on Ignore as one promised.   My statement was based on yet another observation of how members react to a sole scripture posted to coincide with another member's comment.  The contempt is self-evident.  I was merely pointing it out.

When cornered/exposed...run to the Bible.

ROFL!   You. So. Funny. 

@INVAR @DCPatriot   AND ... nearly always the Old Testament.  Lot of good judgments there. Hahahaha
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2018, 09:42:22 pm »
@SirLinksALot

The entire article is not there.  A link to the whole article has been posted here before. Will's reasoning makes sense.  I said on the other thread about this,  I would not be surprised to see the November election turn out in favor of Democrats due to the way the primary elections came out (millions more Democrats voting in the primaries), and due to events happening since then, as covered in Will's essay.  There is a lot of time between now and then, November, and Trump makes news every single day, which can move votes around.  September news will matter as that is when the general public begins to think about voting.  Minds are make up by the middle of October.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2018, 10:09:51 pm »
Not a trump fan but my sentiments towards George will or anyone thinking of voting dem in the fall:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2018, 10:12:30 pm »
I see that pompous old fart is finally coming out of the closet as the Globalist POS he has always been.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2018, 10:14:02 pm »
@SirLinksALot

September news will matter as that is when the general public begins to think about voting.  Minds are make up by the middle of October.

September is the "I will not sign another spending bill like this" month.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2018, 10:14:41 pm »
Further proof that there's no such thing as an "atheist conservative".

@dfwgator

Pardon me??????

I am an agnostic instead of any atheist because I don't make a religion out of my lack of belief in mythical characters,but I still take offense at the implication.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2018, 10:17:16 pm »
@dfwgator

Pardon me??????

I am an agnostic instead of any atheist because I don't make a religion out of my lack of belief in mythical characters,but I still take offense at the implication.

And just the other day, our Commie Pope said, "that's okay, if your spirituality is within and you don't believe in God" (paraphrased)   888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2018, 10:17:24 pm »
George is becoming a little pinhead of a man, throwing temper tantrums hidden behind flower words, and flying off the rails in fits of pique.

@Free Vulcan

"BECOMING"????? He has always been a pompous pinhead. A wannabe Bill Buckley,but with no convictions other than the conviction he is smarter than all the other little boys because his mama told him so.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2018, 10:18:25 pm »
People who insist on voting for Democrats to teach the Republicans a lesson do so when they forget what Democrats are actually capable of doing when they're in power.

@jmyrlefuller

No,they ARE Dims. They just registered as Republicans because all the Dim slots were taken and they wanted jobs.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2018, 10:19:27 pm »
@Free Vulcan

"BECOMING"????? He has always been a pompous pinhead. A wannabe Bill Buckley,but with no convictions other than the conviction he is smarter than all the other little boys because his mama told him so.

Back in the day, you had to have a thesaurus in reach whenever you read his column.

Pompous is too kind to describe him.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2018, 10:24:44 pm »
And just the other day, our Commie Pope said, "that's okay, if your spirituality is within and you don't believe in God" (paraphrased)   888high58888

@DCPatriot

"MY" commie Pope? I don't think so.

BTW,all Popes are commies. They all dream of ruling the world with an iron fist if they ever gain control again.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2018, 11:15:37 pm »
Back in the day, you had to have a thesaurus in reach whenever you read his column.

Pompous is too kind to describe him.

Exactly... Using a ten dollar word in place of a 2 dollar one is not a sign of intelligence.  It is a sign of something tho. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2018, 11:16:26 pm »
Exactly... Using a ten dollar word in place of a 2 dollar one is not a sign of intelligence.  It is a sign of something tho.

Bad math?

Offline WingNot

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2018, 11:41:42 pm »

It might be a sign you can use your tongue prettier than a twenty-dollar whore.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775