Author Topic: Separating Children From Parents at Border Is ‘Un-American’ and ‘on All of Us,’  (Read 2755 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Texas Rep. Paddy O’Rourke Says

Texas Democratic Rep. Paddy "Beatoff" O’Rourke on Sunday railed against the Trump administration separating children from parents at the border, but said responsibility for what is happening is on everyone.

“This is inhumane,” O’Rourke said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “I’d like to say it’s un-American, but it’s happening right now in America. And it is on all of us, not just the Trump administration. This is on all of us.”

The Department of Homeland Security said Friday that the government had separated about 2,000 children from parents at the border since implementing a policy that results in such family separations.

O’Rourke said he was planning to march to Tornillo, Texas, where the government is holding unaccompanied immigrant children, and several other Democratic lawmakers are due to visit immigration centers in South Texas.

O’Rourke said the march was an effort to drum up enough “outrage” and “public pressure” to change the policy, which Trump suggested is a negotiating tool and has falsely asserted is the fault of Democrats.

In his CNN interview, O’Rourke pledged to introduce a measure in the coming days to end family separation and predicted support from the public.

“I’m confident that the American people this time are going to get it right,” O’Rourke said.

O’Rourke also noted that the policy meant children would spend Father’s Day uncertain when they would next see their parents.

“At the moment that they finally thought they had reached safety, refuge, were going to petition for asylum, they were taken from their parents, and are now in Tornillo with no idea when or if they will see their mothers or their fathers on this Father’s Day again,” O’Rourke said.

http://ktla.com/2018/06/17/separating-children-from-parents-at-border-is-un-american-and-on-all-of-us-texas-rep-beto-orourke-says/

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The parents and children at the border should stay together....

...on the OTHER side of the border.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

The parents and children at the border should stay together....

...on the OTHER side of the border.

Remember when Democrats believed in that?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Separating Children From Parents at Border Is ‘Un-American’

Oh, the drama.  Oh, the bullshit.  In America, with each incarceration we separate children from parents. 

Illegals want to stay with their kids?  Stay the hell home or come into ours through the front door and sign the guest book.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:21:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Oh, the drama.  Oh, the bullshit.  In America, with each incarceration we separate children from parents. 

Illegals want to stay with their kids?  Stay the hell home or come into ours through the front door and sign the guest book.

OMG, we're in agreement on something! 

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Texas Democratic Rep. Paddy "Beatoff" O’Rourke on Sunday railed against the Trump administration separating children from parents at the border, but said responsibility for what is happening is on everyone.

“This is inhumane,” O’Rourke said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “I’d like to say it’s un-American, but it’s happening right now in America. And it is on all of us, not just the Trump administration. This is on all of us.”

The Department of Homeland Security said Friday that the government had separated about 2,000 children from parents at the border since implementing a policy that results in such family separations.

O’Rourke said he was planning to march to Tornillo, Texas, where the government is holding unaccompanied immigrant children, and several other Democratic lawmakers are due to visit immigration centers in South Texas.

O’Rourke said the march was an effort to drum up enough “outrage” and “public pressure” to change the policy, which Trump suggested is a negotiating tool and has falsely asserted is the fault of Democrats.

In his CNN interview, O’Rourke pledged to introduce a measure in the coming days to end family separation and predicted support from the public.

“I’m confident that the American people this time are going to get it right,” O’Rourke said.

O’Rourke also noted that the policy meant children would spend Father’s Day uncertain when they would next see their parents.

“At the moment that they finally thought they had reached safety, refuge, were going to petition for asylum, they were taken from their parents, and are now in Tornillo with no idea when or if they will see their mothers or their fathers on this Father’s Day again,” O’Rourke said.

http://ktla.com/2018/06/17/separating-children-from-parents-at-border-is-un-american-and-on-all-of-us-texas-rep-beto-orourke-says/

Beatoff, the fake Hispanic, is going with the asylum BS, of course. That way he can get around the fact these parents are breaking the law and putting their children in this position. I can't wait until he goes the way of that Wendy abortion creature who ran for governor.

Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It was Bill Clinton's own policy that kicked this off.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
What kind of parent drags their kids to a foreign country where they know their kids will be separated from them?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Texas Democratic Rep. Paddy "Beatoff" O’Rourke....

Well there's an unfortunate nickname.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What kind of parent drags their kids to a foreign country where they know their kids will be separated from them?

The kind that believes they will get free shit and their life paid for by the suckers in an open borders welfare state.

Offline skeeter

When I was younger the left was always scolding the right for calling them 'un American'. We just had differences of opinion doncha know.

Lo and behold its now their favorite put down.

Offline dfwgator

Offline WingNot

Well there's an unfortunate nickname.

They earn them.  Much like Abortion Barbie!

Offline Concerned

One side says there’s a law requiring this and the other says there is no law.  Does anyone have a link to the actual language in the Federal law itself that requires the Trump Administration to separate children from their parents?  I looked at the two acts referenced in another thread and signed by Bill Clinton (the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act, or AEDPA, in 1996, and the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act, or IIRIRA), but I couldn’t find specific language that “requires” the Administration to separate children from their parents.   I may have missed it though.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline WingNot

One side says there’s a law requiring this and the other says there is no law.  Does anyone have a link to the actual language in the Federal law itself that requires the Trump Administration to separate children from their parents?  I looked at the two acts referenced in another thread and signed by Bill Clinton (the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act, or AEDPA, in 1996, and the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act, or IIRIRA), but I couldn’t find specific language that “requires” the Administration to separate children from their parents.   I may have missed it though.

Yeah it says they should go to jail with their parents so they can be together.   /s

WTF.... ofcourse you take the waders rugrats away from them.

Offline Concerned

Yeah it says they should go to jail with their parents so they can be together.   /s

WTF.... ofcourse you take the waders rugrats away from them.

And what specific law specifies that they must be separated and what's the Federal statute actually say?   I'd just like to read it for myself.

Offline WingNot

And what specific law specifies that they must be separated and what's the Federal statute actually say?   I'd just like to read it for myself.

Don't be obtuse. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Here's a novel idea...if you don't want to have your kid separated from you...don't enter the country illegally.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

Everybody's pushing the claim that the kids of "asylum seekers" are being turned away.   That's not the case.  It's only the kids belonging to people being caught trying to cross the border illegally. 

And in that case, the parents are to blame.  Just as any criminal is at fault when he commits a crime that separates him from his kids.  But the Republicans in Washington let it go because they don't have the guts to speak out.

Everybody's pushing the claim that the kids of "asylum seekers" are being turned away.   That's not the case.  It's only the kids belonging to people being caught trying to cross the border illegally. 

And in that case, the parents are to blame.  Just as any criminal is at fault when he commits a crime that separates him from his kids.  But the Republicans in Washington let it go because they don't have the guts to speak out.

:thumbsup:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@CatherineofAragon there is no difference to the open borders pro illegals crowd though.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

A noble try at inserting some facts here, Catherine, but this entire farce is way past that already.

Offline WingNot

Amen .

Also previous administrations are to blame for incentivizing child trafficking by providing “free passes” to adults who try to cross the border with children.

Offline Concerned

Don't be obtuse.

If you think wanting to see the actual language in the law that requires these children be separated from their parents is being obtuse, I suppose you're entitled to that opinion.  I call it curious. 

Note:  I’m an actual law and order guy.  I say if you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.  If the law requires separation, we should separate and I’m 100% fine with that.  If that’s really the case, if you don’t want to be separated, don’t cross illegally.  Simple.  I’m just trying to understand what the language REALLY is in the Federal statute and to figure out which side is lying because one side has to be.  Either the law requires this separation or it doesn’t.