Author Topic: Erdogan Predicts ‘War Between the Cross and Crescent’ over Austria Mosque Closures  (Read 2363 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
10 Jun 2018

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan attacked Austria’s impending closure of mosques and consequent expulsion of Turkish-funded imams, saying the move is anti-Islamic while promising a response.

“These measures taken by the Austrian prime minister are, I fear, leading the world towards a war between the cross and the crescent,” Erdogan said in a speech in Istanbul covered by AFP.

Austria’s populist government made the announcement on Friday morning at a press conference as part of the governing coalition’s campaign against radical Islamic ideology and the influence of countries like Turkey in the Austrian Islamic community, Kronen Zeitung reports.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2018/06/10/erdogan-predicts-war-between-the-cross-and-crescent-over-austria-mosque-closures/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Of course it's anti-Islamic! 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Have been for the last 1400 years
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Erdogan Predicts ‘War Between the Cross and Crescent’

Of course, he's correct.
Actually, it's going on now.
Another Erdogan quote:
"The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers."

In centuries past, after much blood, Western Europe won (and remained Western Europe for having done so).

What's your prediction for the second time around?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I miss this avatar @mystery-ak   ^-^

My avatar is a crusader...I may bring back the old one..
Support the USO

Offline dfwgator

Bring it on, Bitch!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup:

Offline skeeter

That whirring sound you hear is Mustafa K Ataturk engaging in his current favorite pastime.

As all that progress it took him decades to achieve as president does its best imitation right down the porcelain receptacle.

If there's a war as you say be prepared to receive your wayward children by the tens of thousands, Erdogan. They'll need a place to sleep.

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What is worse, Erdogan, to close a mosque or convert it into a Christian Church?

The Turks took Hagia Sophia from the Christians after it served as the main Orthodox church in the world for over 900 years and then made it into a mosque for centuries.

Everywhere you look, Muslims convert Judeo-Christian holy places into Muslim worship, with the Dome of the Rock sited on Israel's Temple Mount in Jerusalem as the most egregious example.

No, Muslims deserve far worse than just mosque closures.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

That whirring sound you hear is Mustafa K Ataturk engaging in his current favorite pastime.

As all that progress it took him decades to achieve as president does its best imitation right down the porcelain receptacle.

If there's a war as you say be prepared to receive your wayward children by the tens of thousands, Erdogan. They'll need a place to sleep.

There are millions of Muslim Fifth Columnists all over Western Europe that will do Erdogan's bidding should Turkey go to war.

Offline Suppressed

@mystery-ak

I used to use this one on another site...

DEUS VULT!

! No longer available
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:39:36 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline thackney

Modern version was cancelled.

Crusader 155mm
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Lando Lincoln

This Holy War rhetoric of Erdogan's is incredibly dangerous. 
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This Holy War rhetoric of Erdogan's is incredibly dangerous.

And, I suspect that he knows that.

Online Lando Lincoln

And, I suspect that he knows that.

Yes, I'm sure he does. 

10 years ago, he seemed like a solid, sensible leader.  At least to me.  Back in the day, I used to follow the Turkish News to help me stay in tune with the region.  Wow, he sure has tilted.  Or, shown his real attitude. 
John Steinbeck

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Lando wrote:
"10 years ago, he seemed like a solid, sensible leader.  At least to me.  Back in the day, I used to follow the Turkish News to help me stay in tune with the region.  Wow, he sure has tilted.  Or, shown his real attitude."

I don't believe Mr. Erdogan's "attitude" has changed much at all:
"These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that's it."
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan
(Source: Milliyet, Turkey, August 21, 2007)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Lando wrote:
"10 years ago, he seemed like a solid, sensible leader.  At least to me.  Back in the day, I used to follow the Turkish News to help me stay in tune with the region.  Wow, he sure has tilted.  Or, shown his real attitude."

I don't believe Mr. Erdogan's "attitude" has changed much at all:
"These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that's it."
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan
(Source: Milliyet, Turkey, August 21, 2007)

While I have the utmost respect for my friend @Lando Lincoln,  I'm afraid I have to agree with you here @Fishrrman.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rustynail

Bring it, stink hand.

Online Lando Lincoln

While I have the utmost respect for my friend @Lando Lincoln,  I'm afraid I have to agree with you here @Fishrrman.

I concur. I was wrong in my previous judgment of Erdogan. That is obvious.

Now, he is in political survival because of Turkey’s economy among other things. That only worsens his rhetoric and his actions. He will almost certainly never allow his airspace should we ever need it.
John Steinbeck

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@Lando Lincoln

May well have some truth on his side, they say Erdogan at first, followed the secular route or was less religious, maybe for 2 different presidential terms and now comes out as more religious. One would need to really study up on the issue, that guy, Gullen whom they blame the coup in and who lives in Pennsylvania use to be one of Erdogan's close associates.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:21:43 am by TomSea »