Author Topic: Erdogan Predicts ‘War Between the Cross and Crescent’ over Austria Mosque Closures  (Read 2359 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Turkey was very helpful in the liberation of Iraq, 2003 and that base, Incilirk was gold during the cold war, I found this little excerpt:

Attempts by the United States and the European Union to reset ties and stabilize relations with Turkey through dialogue have all failed, and the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) government, once touted as a role model and a beacon of hope for Muslim democracies, has steered more and more off course

https://www.turkishminute.com/2018/06/12/opinion-the-growing-threat-of-the-erdogan-regime-in-turkey/

AKP is Erdogan's party, maybe he even helped start it. I think those in the know say his last name like "Er-Doe-Won", something like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recep_Tayyip_Erdo%C4%9Fan

Offline Suppressed

You mean this guy...?

(He hates that pic.  I hate his radical Islamist ways.)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Turkey was very helpful in the liberation of Iraq, 2003 and that base, Incilirk was gold during the cold war, I found this little excerpt:

AKP is Erdogan's party, maybe he even helped start it. I think those in the know say his last name like "Er-Doe-Won", something like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recep_Tayyip_Erdo%C4%9Fan

@TomSea
I think that he's harbored Islamist sympathies for a while, but successfully kept them in check until solidifying power.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

You mean this guy...?

(He hates that pic.  I hate his radical Islamist ways.)

Thank the lord for the first amendment. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I concur. I was wrong in my previous judgment of Erdogan. That is obvious.

Now, he is in political survival because of Turkey’s economy among other things. That only worsens his rhetoric and his actions. He will almost certainly never allow his airspace should we ever need it.

@Lando Lincoln

I think the only difference is he feels like he can be open about his stance instead of covering it up.  10 years ago it was safe to visit Turkey.  Today not so much.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.