Author Topic: Trump to skip climate portion of G7 after Twitter spat with Macron and Trudeau  (Read 701 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to skip climate portion of G7 after Twitter spat with Macron and Trudeau

By Kevin Liptak, Michelle Kosinski and Jeremy Diamond, CNN

Updated 6:39 AM ET, Fri June 8, 2018
Trump plans to depart G7 summit early

(CNN)President Donald Trump plans to depart from this weekend's Group of 7 summit in Canada several hours early, the White House announced Thursday, punctuating an explosion of acrimony between Trump and his foreign counterparts on the eve of the talks.

The White House said Trump would depart mid-morning on Saturday, skipping sessions on climate change and the environment. An aide will take his place, the White House said.

The announcement came as Trump engaged in a bitter back-and-forth with French President Emmanuel Macron and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau over Twitter, both of whom he'll meet face-to-face on Friday.
Trump is expecting a knock-down, drag-out fight with top US allies over trade during his time at the conference, held in remote Quebec. It's a battle he believes he can win, but which he's unenthusiastic about waging in person, people familiar with his thinking say.

Even as late as Thursday afternoon, Trump was questioning why he would attend a G7 meeting where he's outnumbered on key issues like trade and climate change. As a series of combative tweets from Macron began emerging late in the day, Trump again raised the prospect of scrubbing all or part of his visit to Canada, asking advisers what the point of attending the summit would be, according to a person familiar with the conversations.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/07/politics/trump-g7-canada/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Six dimensional chess, or "art of the deal"? You decide.

22222frying pan
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

Good. Complete waste of time.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Excellent. 

Did Macron go crawling to his mommy er wife.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Once again ... the President is leaving Saturday morning from Canada for Singapore .... he's got real work to do, even if NK nukes don't matter as much as climate change.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,319438.0.html

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Once again ... the President is leaving Saturday morning from Canada for Singapore .... he's got real work to do, even if NK nukes don't matter as much as climate change.

Relax Momma.  We get it.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Bullshit. That would mean that this story is fabricated nonsense by the MSM to make Trump look bad. Impossible.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Relax Momma.  We get it.

Whew ... I won't have to take away your television privileges.   :laugh: