Author Topic: Pot, Opioids Now Rival Alcohol as Factor in Driver Deaths  (Read 639 times)

rangerrebew

Pot, Opioids Now Rival Alcohol as Factor in Driver Deaths
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:20:44 pm »
Pot, Opioids Now Rival Alcohol as Factor in Driver Deaths

THURSDAY, May 31, 2018 -- Pot and opioids have become almost as deadly as booze for drivers, a new report shows.

Forty-four percent of drivers killed in crashes tested positive for drugs in 2016, up from 28 percent 10 years prior, according to the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA).

Among drivers killed in car crashes in 2016 who tested positive for drugs, 38 percent had some form of marijuana in their system, 16 percent had opioids and 4 percent used both, the researchers found.

https://www.drugs.com/news/pot-opioids-now-rival-alcohol-factor-driver-deaths-74670.html?utm_source=ddc&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=Pot%2C+Opioids+Now+Rival+Alcohol+as+Factor+in+Driver+Deaths

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Pot, Opioids Now Rival Alcohol as Factor in Driver Deaths
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 01:53:42 pm »
And the bandwagon to take painkillers away from the chronically afflicted rolls on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 06:14:33 pm »
Stats are being produced, I don't see how this is really about trying to take away painkillers. I would hope responsible legislation can be made per pot and opioids. Some people surely, benefit from these. Per legal pot, yes, there will be a problem with drinking and driving. Ditto for opioids.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 06:24:48 pm »
Stats are being produced, I don't see how this is really about trying to take away painkillers. I would hope responsible legislation can be made per pot and opioids. Some people surely, benefit from these. Per legal pot, yes, there will be a problem with drinking and driving. Ditto for opioids.

I'm glad you don't see it, that means you aren't at the business end of the slow ban of ALL opioids that is going on.  Those of us who are in the crosshairs of this understand exactly what I'm talking about.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 06:29:47 pm »
I'm glad you don't see it, that means you aren't at the business end of the slow ban of ALL opioids that is going on.  Those of us who are in the crosshairs of this understand exactly what I'm talking about.

They say, I don't know if it is true, that marijuana nowadays is much more potent than it was decades ago.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 06:35:32 pm »
They say, I don't know if it is true, that marijuana nowadays is much more potent than it was decades ago.

It's true.  It was called a murderous drug then, so I guess it's doubleplus murderous now.  Ironically, MJ may actually be an answer for those looking for something with which to replace or diminish the use of Opioids.  The official policy of this government (either Party) is to prevent the FDA from checking it out.  Remember the "Right to Try" legislation signed this past week?  Marijuana is excluded, because the FDA refuses to do any testing on it.
I will NOT comply.