Author Topic: Eggs Good For Your Heart? Not Likely!  (Read 795 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Eggs Good For Your Heart? Not Likely!
« on: June 03, 2018, 06:22:21 pm »
Eggs Good For Your Heart? Not Likely!
By Martha Rosenberg

This week consumers are hearing the news that “an egg a day may reduce heart disease risk.” Cynics might ask does a cigarette a day reduce the risk of lung cancer too?

The truth is the chicken egg has the highest cholesterol of any other foodstuff—packing as much as 275 mg of cholesterol.  In 2008, the American Heart Association’s journal Circulation reported that just one egg a day increased the risk of heart failure in a group of doctors studied. And in 2010, the Canadian Journal of Cardiology lamented the “wide- spread misconception . . . that consumption of dietary cholesterol and egg yolks is harmless.” The article further cautioned that “stopping the consumption of egg yolks after a stroke or myocardial infarction [heart attack] would be like quitting smoking after a diagnosis of lung cancer: a necessary action, but late.”

Eggs also have a link to ovarian cancer, says an article in Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, and the culprit is not necessarily cholesterol. “It seems possible that eating eggs regularly is causally linked to the occurrence of a proportion of cancers of the ovary, perhaps as many as 40 percent, among women who eat at least 1 egg a week,” wrote the authors. In one study the article cites, three eggs per week increased ovarian-cancer mortality three-fold, compared with less than one egg per week.

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/eggs-good-for-your-heart-not-likely_2542495.html

I've no opinion and I am just posting a response to that other study saying an egg a day was good for you. You'd think one single egg a day would not be harmful.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Eggs Good For Your Heart? Not Likely!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 06:23:22 pm »
Life will kill you.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 06:54:14 pm »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 07:04:10 pm »
Depends on who pays for the study.

Besides it's not the cholesterol that's the problem.  It's the processed sugar which causes the cholesterol to stick to out arteries.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 10:51:57 pm »
Eggs bad......eggs good.........eggs bad
Coffee bad.........coffee good.........coffee bad
Bacon bad ...........well okay they never said bacon was good, point is almost annually someone turns out a study that flips the thinking on a food or drink. I don't care any more, I will eat and drink what I want in moderation and enjoy life and not fear the Reaper otherwise why bother?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 11:39:22 pm »
Bacon bad ...........well okay they never said bacon was good, point is almost annually someone turns out a study that flips the thinking on a food or drink. I don't care any more, I will eat and drink what I want in moderation and enjoy life and not fear the Reaper otherwise why bother?

:thumbsup:

If I gave up everything the "experts" say I should, I might as well stick my head in the oven and turn on the gas.  Life just won't be worth living. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 12:24:05 am »

Let me help you with that.  Don't say I never did anything for you.

https://www.baconismagic.ca/guest-posts/bacon-is-healthy/

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 02:46:51 am »
Let me help you with that.  Don't say I never did anything for you.

https://www.baconismagic.ca/guest-posts/bacon-is-healthy/
Hah! Just cooked up a pound of bacon for the three of us, me, the wife and the old man my ten year old Mastador. After having jumped in price bacon finally came back down at Costco 4 pounds for $11 and that was just too good to resist, healthy or not because.....................BACON!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 02:51:56 am »
Anyway, I may be remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure the saying goes "Eggs, eggs, good for the heart..."

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 04:19:16 am »
Anyway, I may be remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure the saying goes "Eggs, eggs, good for the heart..."
"Eggs, eggs, good for the heart..."--- the more you eat the more you...........no, that's something else :pondering: