Author Topic: Trump Has Cut Federal Payroll By 24,000 Jobs  (Read 2415 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Trump Has Cut Federal Payroll By 24,000 Jobs
« on: June 02, 2018, 01:43:30 am »
CNSNews
Terence P. Jeffrey | June 1, 2018 | 9:19 AM EDT

[excerpt]

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/federal-government-jobs-down-3000-may-down-24000-under-trump

(CNSNews.com) - The federal government cut 3,000 jobs in May and federal employment has now dropped by 24,000 since President Donald Trump took office, according to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Even as federal government jobs were declining, overall employment was increasing—as was employment in state and local government.

In April, there were 2,789,000 people employed in civilian federal government jobs. In May, that declined to 2,786,000, a drop of 3,000.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump Has Cut Federal Payroll By 24,000 Jobs
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 01:51:58 am »
Shhhh. A New York liberal cut all those suckling mouths off the government teat. Don’t let the word get around. We wouldn’t want NeverTrumpers giving Trump a bad name after shrinking the size of government.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 01:56:28 am »
Shhhh. A New York liberal cut all those suckling mouths off the government teat. Don’t let the word get around. We wouldn’t want NeverTrumpers giving Trump a bad name after shrinking the size of government.

Aww come on @aligncare, don't go robbing the masterplanners of their fun in using terms like "Lying Sack of S##t" again when describing the Big Govt. NY Liberal all us dumb clucks elected. 

:2popcorn:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 01:58:00 am »

It's a good thing... yet but a pittance. Similar to banging the gong for his great record of deregulation - Much ado about nothing.  :shrug:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 02:03:32 am »
The difficult you could do right away, the impossible takes a little longer – even for President Trump.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 02:16:14 am »
The difficult you could do right away, the impossible takes a little longer – even for President Trump.

meh. At this rate, he'd need to be around for 400 years.
I get it. Credit where it's due. But the credit accrued is is not worthy of all the crowing.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:16:59 am by roamer_1 »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 03:44:17 am »
Once I see one more zero on that number, then I will celebrate.

24,000 is tiny in a workforce of the juggernaut of the federal bureaucracy where the total workforce is close to 10 million both employees and contractors.  https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/02/federal-government-growth-continues-while-federal-employee-numbers-hold/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 04:04:55 am »
     1300 a month, that aint shit, I woulda canned 5000 a month before I took any credit.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 04:21:40 am »
   PROFANITY ASSERTED BY PHONY ABUSIVE CRUZ SUPPORTER AS WORDS SAID BY CRUZ SNIPPED[/img]

And you don't know it from Shineola. Yeah, say Cruz would do such and such, since he has done so much in Washington...  :silly:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:14:54 am by TomSea »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 04:24:20 am »
And you don't know it from Shineola. Yeah, say Cruz would do such and such, since he has done so much in Washington...  :silly:
You you once again commenting on the price of tea in China?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 04:26:32 am »

Yeah dufus ..... One honorable man among 99 other jackals can really accomplish a lot. /s
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:47:02 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 09:04:45 am »
Let's see, Cruz supported Trump in 2016 and 2020 per Cruz's own words.

The phony Cruz supporters fly their Democrat party Confederate flags or jeer others for having the same views as Senator Ted Cruz.

All they want to do is to divide and cause dissent.  They are no representatives of Cruz, all they can do is post their "gay" photos and cuss at others.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 09:06:18 am »
You you once again commenting on the price of tea in China?

Was it directed at you?  It's more than on-topic than defending potty-mouth trolling by Corbe which is clearly off-topic? Well, excuuuuse me.

How the heck are Corbe's abusive lies and profanity that he attributes to Ted Cruz having to do with the issue?? Or the price of tea in China? Corbe's all about dumping on others, using others to treat like trash.

Let's see what Ted Cruz said:

, “I certainly assume so. I was supportive of and campaigned for President Trump in 2016, and I am very encouraged with the substantive policy victories we are getting, whether it is an historic tax cut bill, whether it is regulatory reform that’s unleashing jobs, whether it is repealing the Obamacare individual mandate — which I led the fight to do in the United States Senate — whether it is nominating and confirming strong constitutionalists to the courts. On all of those fights I’ve been working to lead the battle. I’m content to continue working to lead that battle and defend our freedoms and defend the Constitution.”

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2018/04/25/exclusive-ted-cruz-endorses-donald-trump-in-2020/

I guess, the continual dishonesty by phony Cruz supporters necessitates they be reminded of this. Posting Cruz said profanity shows the dishonesty, right out of the block. Arguments so primitive, one wonders if kindergarten just got let out. Arguments so dishonest and weak, asking one what that has to do with the tea in China, while as usual, trolling to derail a conversation per other forum member gets no remark at all.

Since Cruz is also a devoted Christians, I think those who assert he said this or by their conduct, again, show, they are not following any kind of example per Ted Cruz, that once again, they are phony and are not debating in good faith. Plenty of other examples can be made as well. This is about fussing with people, just like posting somewhat girly photos is no mark of a Cruz supporter as well. No reason for honest people to be shamed by those who are not. Fabrications, lying, to bully others. Really classy, has to be said.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:58:08 am by TomSea »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 10:30:14 am »
Credit where it's due. But the credit accrued is is not worthy of all the crowing.

And, here it is... the modifier for the "I give the President credit when he's right" crowd.   :laugh:

@aligncare @To-Whose-Benefit?

« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:00:44 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 11:42:50 am »
And, here it is... the modifier for the "I give the President credit when he's right" crowd.   :laugh:

@aligncare @To-Whose-Benefit?

I know there are some people here who will only give grudging recognition to Donald Trump, the man.  And that’s okay, they don’t like him and that will probably never change.

But, as President, Donald Trump has sufficiently demonstrated his chops to change things in Washington to be more in line with conservatives’ view of the role of government. To me, that’s a very good thing. And where he can, he has and is taking positive steps.

My thinking on the news of these cuts to the federal payroll is that it’s better to light one candle than to curse the darkness. It took decades of ever increasing government bloat to reach this point, and I suspect it will take many more conservative administrations to cut it down to constitutional size.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 11:50:51 am »
It's a good thing... yet but a pittance. Similar to banging the gong for his great record of deregulation - Much ado about nothing.  :shrug:

"...Deregulation - "much ado about nothing  :shrug: "???

You should control yourself better, @roamer_1 ....for you make yourself look foolish when you make statements like that.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 11:53:47 am »
Yeah dufus ..... One honorable man among 99 other jackals can really accomplish a lot. /s

Yeah, doofus..... one man among 535 other jackals is expected to accomplish everything though.  Right??   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 11:57:07 am »
I know there are some people here who will only give grudging recognition to Donald Trump, the man.  And that’s okay, they don’t like him and that will probably never change.

But, as President, Donald Trump has sufficiently demonstrated his chops to change things in Washington to be more in line with conservatives’ view of the role of government. To me, that’s a very good thing. And where he can, he has and is taking positive steps.

My thinking on the news of these cuts to the federal payroll is that it’s better to light one candle than to curse the darkness. It took decades of ever increasing government bloat to reach this point, and I suspect it will take many more conservative administrations to cut it down to constitutional size.

...and he just signed an Executive Order this week making it much easier to 'fire' federal government workers...so that 24,000 should grow significantly.

Wish he cold do it thru the legislature however, as the next Progressive POTUS will just reverse him.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 11:57:31 am »
:bigsilly:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 12:30:33 pm »
...and he just signed an Executive Order this week making it much easier to 'fire' federal government workers...so that 24,000 should grow significantly.

Wish he cold do it thru the legislature however, as the next Progressive POTUS will just reverse him.

Especially the impact on the VA. There’s a lot of dead wood there. That is a much needed change in the right direction

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 12:46:11 pm »
Can we finally impeach this bastard? Look at all these jobs lost under his watch.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2018, 12:52:07 pm »
His detractors always find negatives about Anything he does, 'because it isn't near enough'.

Or they decry him as a Dictator.

Which way do you want it folks?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2018, 12:52:41 pm »
It's a start, anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2018, 01:12:11 pm »

@aligncare

Judging by what I've been getting from the pukes I've worked to elect for years that single candle looks like a damned klieg light!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2018, 01:18:56 pm »
@aligncare

Judging by what I've been getting from the pukes I've worked to elect for years that single candle looks like a damned klieg light!

We’re all frustrated by the slow pace of change in government, @Bigun   The federal workforce backed by their union will be a formidable challenge to dismantle. Not to mention the federal contract process, big money donors and graft that go along with it.