Author Topic: Pedophile can run for Congress, thanks to McAuliffe decision restoring felons' rights  (Read 867 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pedophile can run for Congress, thanks to McAuliffe decision restoring felons' rights
Fox News, Jun 1, 2018, Alex Pappas

An admitted pedophile and convicted felon who spent more than a year in prison for threatening to kill President George W. Bush is legally able to run for Congress in Virginia this year because of a 2016 decision by then-Gov. Terry McAuliffe to restore voting rights to thousands of felons.

Nathan Larson, 37, of Catlett is running as an independent candidate in Virginia’s 10th Congressional District. He has expressed pro-pedophilia and incest views, and, in an interview with HuffPo this week, called it “normal” for men to be attracted to underage women.

Larson has unsuccessfully sought public office before. But he had been barred from running in future elections after pleading guilty to sending the Secret Service a 2008 letter threatening to kill Bush, who was president at the time.

Though a convicted felon, Larson is able to run once more because McAuliffe, the former Democratic governor of Virginia, restored voting rights to 13,000 felons in 2016. McAuliffe left the governorship this year after being term-limited.

More:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/01/pedophile-can-run-for-congress-thanks-to-mcauliffe-decision-restoring-felons-rights.html

Quite a footprint has been left in Virginia by McAwful. 

Oceander

Big deal.  Why shouldn’t he be allowed to run?  What really matters is if the voters are stupid enough to elect him.   

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Big deal.  Why shouldn’t he be allowed to run?  What really matters is if the voters are stupid enough to elect him.

Correct.

Offline Victoria33

@Oceander

I was working in Texas politics when Texas restored voting rights to felons who had served their term in prison and/or were on probation.  It was a Democrat on probation for sex crime involving a child who signed up to run as Republican County Chairman against my husband who was the Chairman.  We doubled checked then to make sure this man on probation could do that, and he could.  Everyone knew he was a Democrat running as a Republican to defeat my husband and he got only a few votes as the Democrats wanted to vote in their own primary, not ours.  Besides that, my husband was a mover and shaker and compassionate/helped the disabled/bought wheelchairs for those who needed them, etc.  The county as a whole loved him regardless of party.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Like in 2016? *ducks and covers*
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

For all the information available about the candidates these days, there are still people who vote based on emotion, hype, slick campaigin ads and personalities.  They won't care whether the candidate is a convicted felon or a pedophile.  If the candidate can wow them in some way, there are voters who will vote for him or her regardless of the obvious negatives.

Dave Barry once said that voters will vote for the guy who won't raise their taxes.  They will think, "well, he was convicted of those machete murders, but he won't raise my taxes."  There's a lot of truth in that. 

I'm not so sure I could trust the voters to turn away from a pedophile.

Oceander

For all the information available about the candidates these days, there are still people who vote based on emotion, hype, slick campaigin ads and personalities.  They won't care whether the candidate is a convicted felon or a pedophile.  If the candidate can wow them in some way, there are voters who will vote for him or her regardless of the obvious negatives.

Dave Barry once said that voters will vote for the guy who won't raise their taxes.  They will think, "well, he was convicted of those machete murders, but he won't raise my taxes."  There's a lot of truth in that. 

I'm not so sure I could trust the voters to turn away from a pedophile.

That argument is a very slippery slope.  It’s one little step away from blocking candidates for purely partisan reasons. 

@Oceander

I was working in Texas politics when Texas restored voting rights to felons who had served their term in prison and/or were on probation.  It was a Democrat on probation for sex crime involving a child who signed up to run as Republican County Chairman against my husband who was the Chairman.  We doubled checked then to make sure this man on probation could do that, and he could.  Everyone knew he was a Democrat running as a Republican to defeat my husband and he got only a few votes as the Democrats wanted to vote in their own primary, not ours.  Besides that, my husband was a mover and shaker and compassionate/helped the disabled/bought wheelchairs for those who needed them, etc.  The county as a whole loved him regardless of party.

*****rollingeyes*****

rangerrebew

Pedophile Who Threatened To Kill President Now Running For Congress Thanks To Terry McAuliffe
10:41 AM 06/01/2018
Peter Hasson | Reporter

An admitted pedophile who served 16 months in federal prison for threatening to assassinate the president of the United States is now running for Congress thanks to former Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe.

Nathan Larson is an independent candidate in Virginia who admitted to HuffPost that he’s a pedophile who bragged in blog posts about raping his ex-wife and fantasized online about having sex with young children.

Larson is also a convicted felon who wouldn’t be eligible to run for office in Virginia had McAuliffe not restored Larson’s rights to vote and run for office in 2016.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/01/terry-mcauliffe-pedophile-congress-virginia/

Offline Frank Cannon

Like in 2016? *ducks and covers*

There wasn't a pedophile running in Virginia’s 10th Congressional District in '16. It was Barbara Comastock vs some broad named Luanne Bennett.

Offline MOD3

Topics merged.