Author Topic: Trump to pardon Dinesh D’Souza  (Read 898 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to pardon Dinesh D’Souza
« on: May 31, 2018, 01:37:01 pm »
Trump to pardon Dinesh D’Souza
By Brooke Seipel - 05/31/18 09:26 AM EDT

President Trump announced early Thursday that he would be pardoning conservative author Dinesh D’Souza later in the afternoon.

"Will be giving a Full Pardon to Dinesh D’Souza today. He was treated very unfairly by our government!"

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Will be giving a Full Pardon to Dinesh D’Souza today. He was treated very unfairly by our government!
8:18 AM - May 31, 2018

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/390029-trump-to-pardon-dinesh-dsouza
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Trump to pardon Dinesh D’Souza
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 01:37:57 pm »
Good job Trump. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 01:39:05 pm »
LOL. Marvelous! Donny is awesome. Top Notch!

debrawiest

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 01:43:54 pm »
This is a good thing. Thank you, President Trump.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 01:50:07 pm »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 01:50:58 pm »
Even Vlad is impressed.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 01:51:15 pm »
Excellent!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 01:51:55 pm »
Does this mean that they are not going to prosecute Rosie O'Donnell?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 01:54:49 pm »
BREAKING: President Trump Will Fully Pardon Dinesh D'Souza
Townhall, May 31, 2018, Katie Pavlich

President Trump announced Thursday morning he will grant conservative author and though leader Dinesh D'Souza a full pardon.

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Will be giving a Full Pardon to Dinesh D’Souza today. He was treated very unfairly by our government!

6:18 AM - 31 May 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1002177521599860736

Documents obtained by Townhall in 2014 showed prosecutors from Attorney General Eric Holders Justice Department misled a federal judge in order to pursue prison time for D'Souza.

More:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/05/31/breaking-dinesh-n2486033

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 01:55:49 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Online Millee

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 01:57:37 pm »
Well done, President Trump!  :patriot:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 01:58:21 pm »
Huzzah!!!!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 01:59:40 pm »
Good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 02:02:49 pm »
Does this mean that they are not going to prosecute Rosie O'Donnell?

O'Donnell has broken campaign finance laws in the past, flagrantly. If they haven't already I doubt they ever will.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 04:01:51 pm »
        This is indeed Good News, even Melanie is briefly happy.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 04:15:38 pm »
Finally, something I am willing to break my boycott of Trump public praise and give him

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 07:42:41 pm »
Trump's pardon of Dinesh D'Souza signals he'll also pardon anyone caught up in the Mueller probe
by Tom Rogan
 | May 31, 2018 11:14 AM

President Trump might say that his pardon of conservative author Dinesh D'Souza is about correcting an injustice. But it isn't. This pardon is motivated by Trump's desire for a catharsis and to fire a political warning shot at special counsel Robert Mueller.

By pardoning D'Souza, Trump can flex his executive branch muscles and comfort himself as to other issues beyond his control — specifically, the ongoing special counsel investigation and the president's evident displeasure with Attorney General Jeff Sessions are obviously issues that grate on the president's psyche. By pardoning D'Souza of his conviction for using straw donors to exceed political donation limits — a man who few independent legal analysts believe deserves a pardon — Trump waves his power in his opponents' faces in a manner that he knows will anger them. That angry reaction will please Trump, who thrives on the idea of his own untrammeled power and the figurative explosion of his enemies' heads.

This pardon also clearly seems targeted specifically at special counsel Robert Mueller and the president's desire to let Mueller know that he will use his executive power to protect those close to him. In his tweet announcing D'Souza's pardon, Trump claimed that the author "was treated very unfairly by our government!" That language sits perfectly alongside Trump's ongoing narrative towards what Trump believes is Mueller's "witch hunt" targeting his administration.

This pardon is Trump's way of painting himself as the "witch hunt" destroyer: the leader who can ensure that injustice against those around him is prevented. But it also serves one subtle broader purpose: delegitimizing the rule of law as it affects his administration.  ...  More at Washington Examiner

:shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 07:45:04 pm »
Trump's pardon of Dinesh D'Souza signals he'll also pardon anyone caught up in the Mueller probe
by Tom Rogan

President Trump might say that his pardon of conservative author Dinesh D'Souza is about correcting an injustice. But it isn't. This pardon is motivated by Trump's desire for a catharsis and to fire a political warning shot at special counsel Robert Mueller.

By pardoning D'Souza, Trump can flex his executive branch muscles and comfort himself as to other issues beyond his control — specifically, the ongoing special counsel investigation and the president's evident displeasure with Attorney General Jeff Sessions are obviously issues that grate on the president's psyche. By pardoning D'Souza of his conviction for using straw donors to exceed political donation limits — a man who few independent legal analysts believe deserves a pardon — Trump waves his power in his opponents' faces in a manner that he knows will anger them. That angry reaction will please Trump, who thrives on the idea of his own untrammeled power and the figurative explosion of his enemies' heads.

This pardon also clearly seems targeted specifically at special counsel Robert Mueller and the president's desire to let Mueller know that he will use his executive power to protect those close to him. In his tweet announcing D'Souza's pardon, Trump claimed that the author "was treated very unfairly by our government!" That language sits perfectly alongside Trump's ongoing narrative towards what Trump believes is Mueller's "witch hunt" targeting his administration.

This pardon is Trump's way of painting himself as the "witch hunt" destroyer: the leader who can ensure that injustice against those around him is prevented. But it also serves one subtle broader purpose: delegitimizing the rule of law as it affects his administration.  ...  More at Washington Examiner

:shrug:

I saw something like that earlier today.  It’s reading waaaaaay too much into this pardon (and giving Trump way too much benefit of the doubt).

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 08:02:08 pm »
by Tom Rogan

How can the author possibly know that to be true, and state it as such absolute fact?

It doesn't even make sense.  Suppose Mueller knew that Trump intended to pardon every person that Mueller ends up prosecuting; would that really make any difference -- at all -- in how Mueller proceeds?  I'd think that's a win for Mueller.  He gets his prosecutions, then Trump scores an own-goal by pissing off people who might otherwise have been willing to give him a pass.  It simply makes no sense as a "warning shot" of any kind.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 08:26:30 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 08:52:13 pm »
How can the author possibly know that to be true, and state it as such absolute fact?

It doesn't even make sense.  Suppose Mueller knew that Trump intended to pardon every person that Mueller ends up prosecuting; would that really make any difference -- at all -- in how Mueller proceeds?  I'd think that's a win for Mueller.  He gets his prosecutions, then Trump scores an own-goal by pissing off people who might otherwise have been willing to give him a pass.  It simply makes no sense as a "warning shot" of any kind.

There you go thinking again.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 09:38:44 pm »
Yes, I thought that "analysis" was a bit far-fetched.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 10:02:12 pm »
    Flynn, Manafort, Stone, Cohen and a host of others have a little more spring in their step today.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online LMAO

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 10:35:01 pm »
 :amen:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy