Author Topic: Bill Clinton disputes Dem senator's claim that he should have resigned after Lewinsky scandal  (Read 264 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Clinton disputes Dem senator's claim that he should have resigned after Lewinsky scandal
By Max Greenwood - 05/31/18 03:24 PM EDT

Former President Bill Clinton waved off Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's (D-N.Y.) assertion that he should have stepped down after his inappropriate relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky went public.

In an interview on "CBS Sunday Morning" set to air this week, Clinton said Gillibrand's comment, which appeared in an interview with The New York Times last year, did not take into account the "context" of his decision to stay in office.

"You have to really ignore what the context was," Clinton told CBS's Mo Rocca. "But, you know, she’s living in a different context. And she did it for different reasons. But I just disagree with her."

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/390116-clinton-pushes-back-against-gillibrands-claim-that-he-should
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Bill Clinton disputes Dem senator's claim that he should have resigned after Lewinsky scandal
By Max Greenwood - 05/31/18 03:24 PM EDT

Former President Bill Clinton waved off Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's (D-N.Y.) assertion that he should have stepped down after his inappropriate relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky went public.

In an interview on "CBS Sunday Morning" set to air this week, Clinton said Gillibrand's comment, which appeared in an interview with The New York Times last year, did not take into account the "context" of his decision to stay in office.

"You have to really ignore what the context was," Clinton told CBS's Mo Rocca. "But, you know, she’s living in a different context. And she did it for different reasons. But I just disagree with her."

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/390116-clinton-pushes-back-against-gillibrands-claim-that-he-should

Yeah, yeah, I know all about the context.   A Dem politician who supports abortion can drop trou while his employee puts on a show.   Always has been, always will be.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LMAO

Didn't this same woman have Clinton campaign for her at one time?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy