Author Topic: Trump Breaks His Silence On Roseanne  (Read 8332 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: Trump Breaks His Silece On Roseanne
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2018, 07:30:18 pm »
@jpsb

Can you give examples here on this forum?  Seriously.  There are a select few posters here who go on and on and on about NTers, so I would like to know specifically to whom they refer.

I know of two admitted ATers here, but I haven't paid attention to the NT side, although I have been falsely accused of being one myself on numerous occasions here.

I am not going to name any names. I consider that to be in poor taste and management does not
like it either.  It is much better to bash the generic NeverTrumper then to get personal with some
NTer briefer.

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump Breaks His Silence On Roseanne
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2018, 07:47:42 pm »
I’m taken aback that some people would try to minimize the role the president plays in American society.

Who gets into office, and the actions that president takes in office have a measurable impact on the economy, jobs, border safety, electorate mood, stock market, social trends, military actions and troop safety, all sorts of effects. All in their haste to deny any credit to a man who fights back, who expresses his outrage; someone they they look down on because he doesn’t do the same old act-above-it-all, gentile (yet duplicitous), political Kabuki.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2018, 08:22:02 pm »
When you say 'NT' is it correct to assume you actually mean anyone who is not AT?

If you actually want the terms explained, I would say the people you describe as AT are those generally favorable to Trump and who view his proposals on their merits without snarkiness.

The people who are NT are intent on extolling their own virtue, as in they are too good to be for Trump and they think there is some magical person or party who could do what Trump does, but do it more elegantly.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2018, 08:27:32 pm »
I’m taken aback that some people would try to minimize the role the president plays in American society.

Who gets into office, and the actions that president takes in office have a measurable impact on the economy, jobs, border safety, electorate mood, stock market, social trends, military actions and troop safety, all sorts of effects. All in their haste to deny any credit to a man who fights back, who expresses his outrage; someone they they look down on because he doesn’t do the same old act-above-it-all, gentile (yet duplicitous), political Kabuki.

@aligncare
Yep kinda hard to fathom
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2018, 08:29:17 pm »

Yes, the Constitutional role has become terribly twisted.  The title means the one to "preside", not "dictate".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2018, 08:45:05 pm »
I am not going to name any names. I consider that to be in poor taste and management does not
like it either.  It is much better to bash the generic NeverTrumper then to get personal with some
NTer briefer.

I understand.   It is the same thing that Democrats do.  Instead of addressing specifics that may expose the flaws of their arguments, they simply plunge forward against some demon scapegoat group.   (e.g. NTers, NRA members, 'the rich", Jews, etc.)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2018, 08:45:12 pm »
Yes, the Constitutional role has become terribly twisted.  The title means the one to "preside", not "dictate".

No one is even doing what @aligncare is saying, so he's just bitching just to be bitching.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2018, 08:47:27 pm »

@Suppressed
Yeah I can see his dictatorial approach when he meets with Congress trying to get them to pass a bill
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline corbe

« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2018, 08:49:50 pm »
    I'll help you out here @jpsb
    That corbe is an NT azzhole!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2018, 08:50:26 pm »
As I said earlier upthread:  thanks for the offer to live rent free in your head, but I’ll decline for lack of decent accommodation.

Awww....now see, you blew it there.

It would have worthy a rim shot, had you said it was unusually spacious and clutched your pearls in gratitude.

Then again, since we're talking about @driftdiver your 'compliment' is, indeed, much better.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2018, 08:51:52 pm »
Christ. By the time this thread wraps up about Roseanne, she will have started the 3rd incarnation of her program set in a nursing home.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2018, 08:54:34 pm »
@Suppressed
Yeah I can see his dictatorial approach when he meets with Congress trying to get them to pass a bill

Exactly.  He ignores working with them to get things passed like any competent president would have done.  He antagonized them, and then when it was obvious how badly he failed, he just goes and does things by unconstitutional executive fiat.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2018, 08:55:32 pm »

This administration is a blockbuster 'movie'.

What this man has been able to achieve in the face of all the shit he gets 24/7.... puts Rocky more on par with Schindler's List
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2018, 08:57:14 pm »
   And Trump, overlooking the fact, again, that she is a complete Idiot will Tweet what a wonderful series it is. 
   There's no doubt in my mind that if his nemesis Rosie Odunnel did something praising him, he would jump on it with a sweet tweet, also, see the pattern here?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2018, 09:15:09 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2018, 09:16:26 pm »
 :finger:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2018, 02:14:26 am »
Christ. By the time this thread wraps up about Roseanne, she will have started the 3rd incarnation of her program set in a nursing home.

Did you ever wonder what, exactly, makes people post to a thread about nothing that meaningful?

I think it is in-fighting and nobody willing to let anyone else get the last word.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2018, 02:16:18 am »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2018, 02:20:57 am »

Roseanne will never be seen again, while Samantha Bee stays on TV.  Go figure.

Oceander

« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2018, 02:24:51 am »

Definitely.  And take video, too.   

Offline jpsb

« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2018, 12:08:33 pm »
I understand.   It is the same thing that Democrats do.  Instead of addressing specifics that may expose the flaws of their arguments, they simply plunge forward against some demon scapegoat group.   (e.g. NTers, NRA members, 'the rich", Jews, etc.)

@Hoodat

Management has made it very clear that we are not to get personal with other briefers. So I am
NOT going to name names and start a fight. In short I'm not taking the bait. Nice try. If you don't
like it take it up with @mystery-ak, she makes the rules here.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2018, 03:47:53 pm »
NTer briefer.

Fair enough.  I understand your need to keep your stereotypical generalizations intact by avoiding any specific scrutiny.  The only reason I press the issue is because I constantly see the NT boogeyman brought up any time I or many of my like-minded fellow posters says anything critical of Donald Trump.  And after two years of it, it is really getting old.

A more useful strategy would be to acknowledge the wrongs during the campaign, admit that your desires do not align with what Trump actually campaigned on, and to join together now to hold Trump accountable in pushing forward a Conservative agenda.  Instead, we get "Ha-ha, we won, you lost" and a political philosophy that defines 'Conservatism' as 'anything Trump does'.

I got news for you.  There is nothing either Conservative or good about a $1 trillion budget deficit.  Nor does it make America great again.  It only hurts America.  It steals from every man, woman, and child in this country.  So you can either get on board with Making America Great Again, or you can get on board with Trump.  But the two are not the same.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2018, 04:10:05 pm »

A more useful strategy would be to acknowledge the wrongs during the campaign, admit that your desires do not align with what Trump actually campaigned on, and to join together now to hold Trump accountable in pushing forward a Conservative agenda.  Instead, we get "Ha-ha, we won, you lost" and a political philosophy that defines 'Conservatism' as 'anything Trump does'.

@Hoodat, that is good!  Very well said!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2018, 06:22:56 pm »
Fair enough.  I understand your need to keep your stereotypical generalizations intact by avoiding any specific scrutiny.  The only reason I press the issue is because I constantly see the NT boogeyman brought up any time I or many of my like-minded fellow posters says anything critical of Donald Trump.  And after two years of it, it is really getting old.

I got news for you.  There is nothing either Conservative or good about a $1 trillion budget deficit.  Nor does it make America great again.  It only hurts America.  It steals from every man, woman, and child in this country.  So you can either get on board with Making America Great Again, or you can get on board with Trump.  But the two are not the same.

@Hoodat   The budget is the thing that NTers continue to bludgeon Trump with.  Yeah, because it is all they've got.  However, questionable that budget was ... and we don't really know, it was better than an extended fight leading to nowhere.

Right now, Trump and America are the same in the sense that he is fighting to protect American values in so many ways.  And tell me who else is doing that?

I hated the campaign of Trump.  So much it got me kicked off the old site.  But I live in reality-ville as Rush would say.  Trump did us a solid.  He maybe have been the only Republican capable of beating Hillary.  That alone earns him points with me, but not with you, apparently.

Trump has done so many good things and been foiled in his attempts to do so many more good things.  I think if we can keep him around long enough for the left and the press to fire all their best shots and still lose, that he will make America better again.

Your failed zinger because a poster chose not to call out specific people is pathetic.  It would have been wrong to do so.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2018, 06:30:49 pm »
@Hoodat   The budget is the thing that NTers continue to bludgeon Trump with.  Yeah, because it is all they've got.  However, questionable that budget was ... and we don't really know, it was better than an extended fight leading to nowhere.

Right now, Trump and America are the same in the sense that he is fighting to protect American values in so many ways.  And tell me who else is doing that?

I hated the campaign of Trump.  So much it got me kicked off the old site.  But I live in reality-ville as Rush would say.  Trump did us a solid.  He maybe have been the only Republican capable of beating Hillary.  That alone earns him points with me, but not with you, apparently.

Trump has done so many good things and been foiled in his attempts to do so many more good things.  I think if we can keep him around long enough for the left and the press to fire all their best shots and still lose, that he will make America better again.

Your failed zinger because a poster chose not to call out specific people is pathetic.  It would have been wrong to do so.

Points for maybe doing something.  So weird.