Author Topic: Trump Breaks His Silence On Roseanne  (Read 8330 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Trump Breaks His Silence On Roseanne
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2018, 11:35:40 pm »
Your comments are becoming increasingly unhinged.  You should calm down a little and regroup.

I'm just agreeing with you.  So if someone is  unhinged  well it must be you.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2018, 11:37:59 pm »
I'm just agreeing with you.  So if someone is  unhinged  well it must be you.

You get weird when you're hungry.  Have another sammich.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2018, 11:43:01 pm »
Well, Lincoln was a loser...

I initially thought so too, but it turned out he just had stomatitis and needed somebody to give him a chance.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline darroll

« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2018, 11:55:51 pm »
We need Bernie... He will put a duck in every ones swamp. (And let us pay the bill)

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2018, 11:56:26 pm »

No thanks your sammiches are crappy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2018, 12:16:47 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump Breaks His Silece On Roseanne
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2018, 12:29:11 am »
   Why does he even feel the need to wade into all this crap @Right_in_Virginia?
    I look around and I see MANY, MANY more pressing problems deserving of his attention. 
    If you and others feel it's just my TDS'ism please spare me the lecture and lets all try to get on the same page, I'm not a Hater! 
    Is all this tweet BS even necessary for a successful Presidency in this 'shiny squirrel' society, have we become this stupid?

One of the most pressing seemed to be a meeting with Kim Kardashian to talk about prison reform.  I had to ask myself what can the Kardashians do about prison reform?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2018, 12:31:16 am »
If you were not so set on being 'clever' you would realize that Trump has saved this country and deserves your respect, not your cheap shots.

@Emjay You seem to be a nice person, but that was just creepy. I also have watched her shows (past and one debut new) and I see nothing redeeming about the show (same ole liberal crapola)

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump Breaks His Silece On Roseanne
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2018, 01:01:20 am »
@Emjay

How many real issues are more important then the media bias?  The media has a huge impact on popular opinion, on elections, on issues like gun control.  Their impact is massive.

We complain all the time about media bias.  Then when someone tweaks the media and might have some marginal impact to reduce media bias what do we do?  We complain because it was Trump who said something.

Unfreakin believeable

Polls have shown that trust in the press is at record lows. The American public is aware of media bias
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2018, 01:05:08 am »
Really stupid thing for POTUS to comment on and get involved in.

@RoosGirl

Agree.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2018, 01:22:37 am »
I know Woody Guthrie also.  Great folk influence but had Huntington's, a horrible disease that is completely hereditary.  If a parent has it, there is a 50% chance that the child will have it.  Arlo was afraid to take the test for years, but he missed it.

It is in my family as well, a beloved niece inherited it.  The thing about Huntington's is that the people are usually extremely talented and intelligent.  Maybe someone will figure that out someday/

@Emjay Wow, you know/knew Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan?  You lucky duck ;).  I'm very sorry about your niece ;(.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2018, 01:25:16 am »
@Emjay Wow, you know/knew Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan?  You lucky duck ;).  I'm very sorry about your niece ;(.

You should ask her about the time she met Ulysses Grant.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2018, 01:29:21 am »
You should ask her about the time she met Ulysses Grant.

@RoosGirl

Not important.  An individual cannot have any influence.

Online corbe

« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2018, 01:31:27 am »
   She also 'slapped around' Janis Joplin while in High School, that's why I love that spunky girl. 
@Emjay
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2018, 01:31:28 am »
@RoosGirl

Not important.  An individual cannot have any influence.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but you should have a better opinion of yourself.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2018, 01:33:10 am »
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but you should have a better opinion of yourself.

@RoosGirl

I learned that from you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2018, 01:36:29 am »
@RoosGirl

I learned that from you.

And now you've completely lost me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2018, 01:49:33 am »
@Emjay You seem to be a nice person, but that was just creepy. I also have watched her shows (past and one debut new) and I see nothing redeeming about the show (same ole liberal crapola)

Why was that creepy.  Why are some people so terrified about giving Trump credit?  The fact is that Trump's election did save us.

The fact is that Trump is something of a miracle.  Not saying a miracle sent from God, but a miracle for the country.

It is unbelievable that Trump thought he could run for President; that he could actually get the nomination; and especially that he could be elected.

But that happened.  Historians will be kept in quill pens for years trying to figure out how and why but the fact is that Trump, more than any other politician of his time, struck a deep chord with The People.  He said what they wanted to hear... what they had been hungry to hear for years.

I didn't want Trump ... I wanted Ted Cruz.  But in retrospect, I don't think Ted Cruz could have beaten Hillary.  Trump was a man for his time.  An odd man for his time, maybe, but he did save the country. 

Yeah, the country might have survived 8 years of Obama (that we are still suffering for) followed by 4 years of Hillary, but the country would have been very damaged by the time that crew got through.  You can see by the hissy fits both Hillary and the Obama's are having daily that this was their country and this Bumpkin had no right to it.

And, while the NTers continue to nitpick Trump and what they call his lack of progress and his failure to keep his promises, the fact remains that everything that Trump has proposed and fought for is what most conservatives want. 

So, yeah, I support Trump and I hope that he can manage to get the needed seats in the Senate to get some of his proposals passed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2018, 01:51:26 am »

Kidding, @LauraTXNM   I didn't know either of them.  But it's true about my niece and I'm sorry as well.  It is family tragedy and it's not over.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2018, 01:54:05 am »

@Sighlass   This is not about Roseanne or her show.  It is about the tyranny of the liberal entertainment media.  They are trying to bend minds by both subtly and overtly putting liberal shows on.   

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2018, 02:16:33 am »
Why was that creepy.  Why are some people so terrified about giving Trump credit?  The fact is that Trump's election did save us.

The fact is that Trump is something of a miracle.  Not saying a miracle sent from God, but a miracle for the country.

It is unbelievable that Trump thought he could run for President; that he could actually get the nomination; and especially that he could be elected.

But that happened.  Historians will be kept in quill pens for years trying to figure out how and why but the fact is that Trump, more than any other politician of his time, struck a deep chord with The People.  He said what they wanted to hear... what they had been hungry to hear for years.

I didn't want Trump ... I wanted Ted Cruz.  But in retrospect, I don't think Ted Cruz could have beaten Hillary.  Trump was a man for his time.  An odd man for his time, maybe, but he did save the country. 

Yeah, the country might have survived 8 years of Obama (that we are still suffering for) followed by 4 years of Hillary, but the country would have been very damaged by the time that crew got through.  You can see by the hissy fits both Hillary and the Obama's are having daily that this was their country and this Bumpkin had no right to it.

And, while the NTers continue to nitpick Trump and what they call his lack of progress and his failure to keep his promises, the fact remains that everything that Trump has proposed and fought for is what most conservatives want. 

So, yeah, I support Trump and I hope that he can manage to get the needed seats in the Senate to get some of his proposals passed.

It ain't rocket surgery.  Seriously, the man couldn't win the popular vote and essentially won the election by the skin of his teeth.  If turnout in FL and PA had been like it was in 2012 Trump would have lost.

Anyway, I'm sure you or any of the other Trump supporters won't pardon me for hating that $1.whatevertrillion in new spending Trump just signed, but I don't really give a bleep if y'all do.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2018, 02:35:01 am »
Anyway, I'm sure you or any of the other Trump supporters won't pardon me for hating that $1.whatevertrillion in new spending Trump just signed, but I don't really give a bleep if y'all do.

Oh stop it.  He said he would never sign a bill like that again.  He promised - just like his promises to Ivana, Marla, and Melanie.....I mean Melania.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2018, 02:50:26 pm »

Ditto, my dear.  Ditto.

If Trump balances the budget, then I will kiss his ring.  But if he signs a budget with a deficit higher than his Marxist predecessor left him with, then I am going to call him on it.

And to think that Bush had gotten the deficit down to $165 billion before Pelosi was handed the gavel.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2018, 03:06:27 pm »
Don't do it @driftdiver .  They are just jealous of your sick burns. 888high58888

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2018, 03:47:19 pm »
Don't do it @driftdiver .  They are just jealous of your sick burns. 888high58888

Are his sick burns like these?