Author Topic: Tommy Robinson case gag order on British media lifted in the face of worldwide protest  (Read 503 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
When Tommy Robinson was arrested for live-streaming a report outside the Leeds courthouse where members of an alleged Muslim grooming gang who allegedly forced young British girls into prostitution, and the court quickly imposed a gag order on U.K. media reporting it, outrage (and an overseas legal defense fund) quickly followed.  (See my writing about it here, here, and here.)
In the words of Washington Post writer Avi Selk:

The gag order backfired, turning English Defense League founder Tommy Robinson into a sort of free-speech martyr to conservatives such as Donald Trump Jr. and Roseanne Barr before the gag order was lifted Tuesday.

Selk's report, incidentally, drips with contempt toward Robinson, calling him "
  • ne of Britain's most notorious anti-Muslim campaigners" (emphasis added).

Robinson wants to halt Muslim immigration and focuses on the crime statistics and the violent jihad activity that have resulted from large scale Muslim immigration.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/05/tommy_robinson_case_gag_order_on_british_media_lifted_in_the_face_of_worldwide_protest.html
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
We are way too close to stuff like that happening here.  We need to stop bickering and support conservatism in whatever ugly form it might take.

Offline Hoodat

We need to stop bickering and support conservatism

lol
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I was listening to an advertisement from that "Alliance Defending Freedom",  they went through a few cases they have worked on. We do have some egregious wrongs done to individuals here.  Likewise, all of that ranching story with Clive Bundy, I'd say, there are some injustices in that. I just haven't read up on it in depth. As said, we all need to come together to defend Conservative values.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I was listening to an advertisement from that "Alliance Defending Freedom",  they went through a few cases they have worked on. We do have some egregious wrongs done to individuals here.  Likewise, all of that ranching story with Clive Bundy, I'd say, there are some injustices in that. I just haven't read up on it in depth. As said, we all need to come together to defend Conservative values.

I agree @TomSea.  Although some people think that idea is hilarious.