Author Topic: Dems after briefing: 'No evidence' spy placed in Trump campaign  (Read 687 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems after briefing: 'No evidence' spy placed in Trump campaign
By Jordain Carney - 05/24/18 04:20 PM EDT

Congressional Democrats said after a closed-door briefing with top Justice Department officials Thursday that there is "no evidence" that the FBI placed a spy in the Trump campaign, hitting back at a claim by President Trump.

"Nothing we heard today has changed our view that there is no evidence to support any allegation that the FBI or any intelligence agency placed a spy in the Trump campaign or otherwise failed to follow appropriate procedures and protocols," Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) told reporters.

Schiff said he was reading the statement on behalf of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who also attended the meeting.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/389274-dems-after-briefing-no-evidence-spy-placed-in-trump-campaign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Dems after briefing: 'No evidence' spy placed in Trump campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 10:03:20 pm »
Sorry Shiffty Clapper already admitted to it... :tongue2:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 10:04:58 pm »
Oh yeah? You guys have done nothing but lie about this matter from the jump. No one believes you anymore.

BTW Schifty, if there was no FBI spy in the Trump campaign, why is Clapper et al running around saying there was one and it he was there for Trumps own protection?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 12:17:35 am »
Dems after briefing: 'No evidence' spy placed in Trump campaign

Of course there isn't.  This is IMO just another unsupported conspiracy theory offered up by the President that a "spy" was embedded in his campaign to "frame him".   *****rollingeyes*****  His base will undoubtedly eat it up just like they did with birtherism and 3M to 5M illegals voting for Hillary, but ultimately I don't think there will be any "real" proof of this (there certainly hasn't to date -- at least that I've seen).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:19:32 am by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 12:31:52 am »
Of course there isn't.  This is IMO just another unsupported conspiracy theory offered up by the President that a "spy" was embedded in his campaign to "frame him".   *****rollingeyes*****  His base will undoubtedly eat it up just like they did with birtherism and 3M to 5M illegals voting for Hillary, but ultimately I don't think there will be any "real" proof of this (there certainly hasn't to date -- at least that I've seen).

Man you really suck at objectivity.  Douche bag is you name.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 12:41:17 am »
Man you really suck at objectivity.  Douche bag is you name.

Fortunately @Wingnut this thread isn't about me or your personal attacks and name-calling against me, but rather it's about there being "'no evidence' spy placed in Trump campaign" as noted by the title.  If there's actually evidence, I'm sure someone will post the specific evidence.    *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:43:43 am by Concerned »

Offline WingNot

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 12:47:56 am »
Fortunately @Wingnut this thread isn't about me or your personal attacks and name-calling against me, but rather it's about there being "'no evidence' spy placed in Trump campaign" as noted by the title.  If there's actually evidence, I'm sure someone will post the specific evidence.    *****rollingeyes*****

Bullshit.  Your history has shown you are as objective about trump as hitler was about Jews.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 12:50:33 am »
Bullshit.  Your history has shown you are as objective about trump as hitler was about Jews.

And yet I've repeatedly praised the President when he does things I think are praise-worthy.  Here are some examples (facts are your friend @Wingnut ):

Well, I’m certainly not in this contingent you refer to.  When the President does something I find praise-worthy, I praise him.  Gorsuch appears to be a great pick (but it’s still early).  I love what the President is doing on regulations.  The hurricane responses have been right on target with direct leadership from him and his cabinet.  He seems to be serious about fixing the VA.  That’s long overdue.   That’s certainly not “unceasingly critical”.
<snip>
I criticize Trump when I think he deserves criticizing and praise him when I think he deserves praise.  His remarks this morning were spot on IMO:  prayer and support for the victims and their family, support for law enforcement, calls for unity, flags at half-staff, and plans to travel to Las Vegas on Wednesday.   Good job Mr. President.
I think Trump deserves all the credit in the world for freeing up our military to truly go after ISIS.  I think he's proven what many of us suspected: that the Rules of Engagement placed upon our military under Obama was too stringent and too restrictive for them to truly to successful.  Good for him!

On Trump returning North Korea to the list of State Sponsors of Terror:

Good decision by the President.  As he said:  "This designation will impose further sanctions and penalties on North Korea ... and supports our maximum pressure campaign to isolate the murderous regime.”
 :thumbsup:
Again on the battle against ISIS noting winning the battle is a “big deal”:
I may be perceived as one of those, and although I’ve praised him previously about the way he has leveraged the military in it’s attack against ISIS, this is indeed a big deal, and I’ll quote myself to give additional credit to the President:
I think Trump deserves all the credit in the world for freeing up our military to truly go after ISIS.  I think he's proven what many of us suspected: that the Rules of Engagement placed upon our military under Obama was too stringent and too restrictive for them to truly to successful.  Good for him!
Clear enough? @skeeter
His visit to wounded troops at Walter Reed right before Christmas:
In a blatant attempt at getting this thread back on topic, I'm sure this cheered up most (if not all) of the troops over at Walter Reed.  Good job by the President and good job by VP Pence to visit the troops in Afghanistan.
The run-up of the stock market:
Regulations:  I think Trump deserves a huge amount of credit for cutting regulations, and I believe (but can’t prove) that this and the anticipation of corporate tax cuts have been a huge contributing factor for the run-up of the stock market in his first year.
Campaign strategy in 2016:
<snip>
I believe the President ran a brilliant election campaign and tapped into a level of dissatisfaction not fully realized by most others............
<snip>
On the economy:
It’s quite clear to me that the combination of reduced regulations and the promise of tax cuts (particularly business tax cuts) really jump-started the stock market last year.  I think the Trump Administration clearly deserves the credit for that run-up as well as the increase in consumer and business confidence.  JMO.

On his jokes at the Gridiron Club:
Looks like the President did a great job last night including even some self-deprecating humor!
 :thumbsup:

On the sanctions on Russia:
After overwhelming approval by Congress (98-2 and 419-3) for sanctions, these new sanctions are the most stringent punishment yet for Russia's election meddling by the Trump Administration.  Great news and good job by President Trump and his Administration!

On Ted Olson potentially being added to his legal team:
Great choice by the President IMO <snip>
On the Trump Administration kicking 60 Russian diplomats out in solidarity with the UK over the poisoning of a former spy:
Good for the Trump Administration for supporting the UK and taking a tough stand on Russia on this.

On Trump launches task force to evaluate Postal Service operations:
Good for the President.  The USPS has been operating at a net loss for quite a while.  Something has just got to change.

Attack against Syrian chemical plants:
Sounds like this was a very targeted attack focused on facilities that develop and store chemical weapons that dealt a "severe blow" against Syria. No US (or other allied) casualties. Great job by the President and our military!!

On getting our allies to pay more for things like NATO:
2.  Getting allies to carry a heavier load in NATO.  This is still a work in progress and probably will continue throughout the Trump Presidency.  The President does deserve credit here IMO.

On John Kerry not negotiating with Iran on the nuclear deal:
The President's absolutely right.  Kerry and anyone else not invited by the Administration should stay away from negotiations with Iran.

On the President’s picks to the federal judiciary:
@Fishrrman
IMO one of the long-lasting effects that Trump has had (besides submitting budgets to Congress that add trillions to the debt) is on nominating conservatives to the judiciary.  As noted in the article from the OP, he’s ahead of Obama at this stage of his term on federal appeals nominations and there are still 148 federal vacancies to fill (thanks to Mitch McConnell).  This will positively impact the country for years to come.  Well done by the President!

Offline WingNot

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 12:52:17 am »
And yet I've repeatedly praised the President when he does things I think are praise-worthy.  Here are some examples (facts are your friend @Wingnut ):

On Trump returning North Korea to the list of State Sponsors of Terror:
Again on the battle against ISIS noting winning the battle is a “big deal”:Clear enough? @skeeter

His visit to wounded troops at Walter Reed right before Christmas:The run-up of the stock market:Campaign strategy in 2016:On the economy:
On his jokes at the Gridiron Club:
On the sanctions on Russia:
On Ted Olson potentially being added to his legal team:On the Trump Administration kicking 60 Russian diplomats out in solidarity with the UK over the poisoning of a former spy:
On Trump launches task force to evaluate Postal Service operations:

Attack against Syrian chemical plants:
On getting our allies to pay more for things like NATO:

On John Kerry not negotiating with Iran on the nuclear deal:
On the President’s picks to the federal judiciary:

Nice.  You have a cut and paste file of you greatest hits.  Swell.