Author Topic: WaPo: Trump legal team seeks to add star GOP attorney Theodore B. Olson  (Read 414 times)

Offline Concerned

President Trump’s legal team has reached out to Theodore B. Olson, one of the country’s most high-profile and seasoned litigators, to join forces amid mounting challenges in the probe of Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to two people familiar with the discussions.

The addition of Olson would come as Trump, feeling more vulnerable to the investigation led by Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III, has told confidants that he wants to recruit top-tier talent and shake up his group of lawyers, the people said.

Great choice by the President IMO.  I think the entire story is behind a paywall, but here's the link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-legal-team-seeks-to-add-gravitas-with-offer-to-star-gop-attorney-theodore-b-olson/2018/03/20/571f1e46-2c41-11e8-8ad6-fbc50284fce8_story.html?utm_term=.e3617b7c5892
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Concerned

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

Ted has been drifting leftward ever since he lost his anchor on 9-11.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Concerned

Well, that was quick.  Olson turned him down:

Former Solicitor General Theodore Olson has turned down an offer to join President Trump's legal team, a partner at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where Olson works, said Tuesday. Ted Boutrous tweeted, "I can confirm that @gibsondunn and Theodore B. Olson will not be representing @realDonaldTrump."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-top-litigator-theodore-olson-turns-down-offer-from-trump-legal-team/