Author Topic: This Is Why We Will Never Register Our Guns Or Cooperate With Government Mandates  (Read 19654 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Consider it done.  Occupy, BLM and Antifa don't have the right to be laws unto themselves.  And neither do you.   

You've never "seen me speak out against them" because, as far as I can recall, no members here have defended or asserted Occupy's, BLM's or Antifa's "right" to ignore the law.   But the theme of this entire selfish thread is F*ck-the-Community - even to the point of threatening bloodshed.   
Get a D@mned clue. We ARE the community in question. What do you think gives you or 535 people  2000 miles away the right to dictate to us our Rights?  Approximately 1.5% of the country is "Gay", 13% is Black, there are 55 million who can claim to be 'Hispanic', but the 57% (source) who own guns have no rights? Guess again.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

It works in the case of automobile registration.  Almost all transfers of ownership, and dispositions, are documented.
I really think you have no clue how many vehicles are on the road with no registration, no insurance, etc. One of my vehicles was struck by such a fellow, who had a name better pronounced with a non-english accent, with no registration, no title, no license plates, a hinky ID, and last registered in Indiana a couple of years prior. The stupid cop didn't check the fellow for DUI, and did not cite him for leaving the scene of the accident (a grandkid witnessed the accident aand followed the vehicle, then called it in). None of the existing laws did shit to stop my vehicle from being damaged (thankfully, no people were), nor did I ever receive any compensation from the perp, who promptly disappeared from town.

There are more vehicles like that one on the road than we'd care to imagine.

And plenty of them are being driven by the illegals you so often defend.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

INVAR conveniently left out a link in his opening post.   But if the authorities seized both Mr. Kirschenmann's legal firearms as well as the illegal ones, then I agree an injustice was done, and quite possibly an unconstitutional infringement.  But wait until the case plays out before jumping to the absurd conclusion that registration amounts to confiscation.   This is America, where the rule of law means something.
But the illegal firearm is a Felony and possession of a firearm by a felon is illegal. That's the trap. Create a paperwork offense to base other charges on. This is a man who tried to comply with the law, and ended up being hauled off.

Let those who have ears to hear, hear.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Hear, hear here.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

Get a D@mned clue. We ARE the community in question.

I would add a bit about this damnable 'community' verbiage, @Smokin Joe ...
It reads to me as a dirty word.

The beauty of the American system is in its Federalism - That folks of one kind can be one place, and folks that are else-wise another. That is an aggregate of individualism and independence.

The limiting nature of the Constitution was intentional in ONLY giving to the fed that which it must necessarily NEED to govern. The Lion's share was left to the several states to govern, and ultimately to the people. That again bespeaks an individualism and independence, as does most of the state constitutions I am familiar with.

This national 'community' that @Jazzhead is so in love with is the very tool being used to oppose that individualism and independence, where our rights and liberty reside... There is no 'community' 3000 miles away, able to dictate terms.

And talk about such a thing deserves no dang credit at all.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:01:56 am by roamer_1 »

Online mountaineer

Meanwhile, some heartwarming gun news out of Oklahoma:
Oklahoma City Police
‏Verified account @OKCPD
11m11 minutes ago

⚠️ ALERT: The only confirmed fatality is the suspect. He was apparently shot-to-death by an armed citizen. Three citizens were injured, two of whom were shot. A large number of witnesses are detained. There is no indication of terrorismat this point.
8 replies 165 retweets 105 likes
Another tweet from OCPD:
Oklahoma City Police
‏Verified account @OKCPD
5m5 minutes ago

Lake Hefner shooting update: A man walked into the Louie’s restaurant and opened fire with a gun. Two people were shot. One person has been taken to a hospital with serious injuries. A bystander with a pistol confronted the shooter outside the restaurant and fatally shot him.

ABC News story
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:04:53 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

@driftdiver that always seems to be the Liberal answer to why failed programs implemented by other leftist regimes will work this time.
Yeah, they've been spewing that line for a hundred years and at least as many millions of dead people.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Does registration "punish" the law-abiding car owner?   It's an imposition, an inconvenience, but not a punishment, and certainly not an unconstitutional "infringement".

C'mon, sir, the community does have an interest in curbing the black market in guns.
An imposition and an inconvenience ARE an infringement. That there is no Constitutional prohibition on that infringement renders your comparison weasel words. Really. I would have expected something less disingenuous.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Registration would grow the black market in guns.  I believe many of the posters on this thread would move to illegal trade if registration was required.
Um.....Not to speak of. :nometalk:

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

America is not "every other country".  We have a Constitution with a Second Amendment and a guarantee against seizure of property without just compensation, or the due process of law.

The answer cannot be that you have the "right" to decide for yourself which laws you will ignore.  That is anarchy.   
Except for that Civil Asset Forfeiture thingy where people are routinely relieved of cash and desirable property with no more Due Process than a law which says the State can seize that property. Where are those protections?

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yeah, they've been spewing that line for a hundred years and at least as many millions of dead people.

Oh, Joe. They have been spewing that line since "kingship" was granted by the gods to man.

My point in an earlier post is that if you don't understand the Spirit behind the Constitution you need to sit down and STFU.

Anyone who gets up on a soapbox and fires away with trigger words like "guns" and "control" needs to have that box shot out from under their feet. Swept away, that box is. To our Gain, in the Tides of war. (lame laundry soap reference).
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

That's a rather startling admission that folks here are not fundamentally law-abiding.

I don't believe it.   
Who isn't law-abiding? If the Government places illegal infringements on the RKBA, it is our Duty, as Americans, to resist those illegal laws. At present, such laws do not exist in most of the country, nor will they.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

/snicker

Guff and bravado.  Tell me, did you refuse to buy Obamacare-compliant insurance, and did you pay the Obamacare penalty, or did you dutifully sign up for qualifying insurance?
Yes, no, and no.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:23:17 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Oh, Joe. They have been spewing that line since "kingship" was granted by the gods to man.

My point in an earlier post is that if you don't understand the Spirit behind the Constitution you need to sit down and STFU.

Anyone who gets up on a soapbox and fires away with trigger words like "guns" and "control" needs to have that box shot out from under their feet. Swept away, that box is. To our Gain, in the Tides of war. (lame laundry soap reference).
But Fred, they're 'pod' people.....

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Meanwhile, some heartwarming gun news out of Oklahoma:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Who isn't law-abiding? If the Government places illegal infringements on the RKBA, it is our Duty, as Americans, to resist those illegal laws. At present, such laws do not exist in most of the country, nor will they.

Exactly what is law-abiding? I work on the north side of the big town and live 13 miles south of it. I almost spilled my beer three times because of other stupid drivers--trying to fight through the traffic--just so I could get the hell home.

I swear that if you are caught with a cell phone that has a charged battery in it in the front area of your car you should be registered as deregistered and several confiscations commence.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
But Fred, they're 'pod' people.....

I suppository you are correct.

Offline Smokin Joe

Exactly.  You complied, simply because the government gave you the right incentives. 

If you become subject to a registration law, you’ll bend over and take it as well, with similar incentivization.
Incentive, schmincentive.

The Government's new laws caused my insurance provider to quit offering health insurance in my state. I had a plan before the ACA that suited my needs. After the ACA, insurance became completely unaffordable. So no, not only did the government provide no incentive for me to have insurance, but they did away with the insurance I had, just like millions of other Americans. https://ballotpedia.org/Health_insurance_policy_cancellations_since_Obamacare

Essentially,, the government did away with our insurance, then wanted to fine us.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:42:00 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

I suppository you are correct.

HA! I seen what you did there...

Hiya Fred!  :seeya:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I had health insurance through my employer until obamacare wiped that out. January 1, 2015. I refuse to buy insurance. It is a fear-mongering effing scam. I claim the exemption on my taxes that it is considered to be unaffordable and that exemption has not been questioned.

I have a monthly blood draw to check my various med levels and organ functions. My last visit at that MD was $54. That included the visit, the supplies for the draw, and the tests.

The high price of healthcare is complete horseshit. Complete horseshit. Same with gun control and any variations thereof.

Offline Smokin Joe

Exactly what is law-abiding? I work on the north side of the big town and live 13 miles south of it. I almost spilled my beer three times because of other stupid drivers--trying to fight through the traffic--just so I could get the hell home.

I swear that if you are caught with a cell phone that has a charged battery in it in the front area of your car you should be registered as deregistered and several confiscations commence.
Most (the overwhelming majority) of idiot drivers I have seen (The wife and I have a contest for the Idiot driver du jour) have been obviously using their phone. Thankfully, I have decades in the saddle as a motorcyclist, so defensive driving is deeply ingrained. I don't drink, but if I was spilling beverages over that lunacy, I'd be upset, too.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
HA! I seen what you did there...

Hiya Fred!  :seeya:

You seen it? I kinda figured ya for a leg man. But an assman... :whistle:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Most (the overwhelming majority) of idiot drivers I have seen (The wife and I have a contest for the Idiot driver du jour) have been obviously using their phone. Thankfully, I have decades in the saddle as a motorcyclist, so defensive driving is deeply ingrained. I don't drink, but if I was spilling beverages over that lunacy, I'd be upset, too.

I'm kidding about the beer, Joe. My point is that anyone driving a car is operating a potentially deadly weapon and their attention to that operation is required.

Online roamer_1

You seen it? I kinda figured ya for a leg man. But an assman... :whistle:

Well if them kids could be talked into taking them Tide Pods as a suppository, they'd be a whole lot less popular. Except a guy with his pants off screaming though your party like Lawrence Welk's bubble machine might be a conversation starter...  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

LOL! Not even close!
Years ago I bought an old pickup. The paperwork was all there, the original title and notarized bills of sale for six title transfers, none of which had been registered with the State. I was amazed at how fast the title transfers were conducted and the paperwork went through at the DMV when I got all that caught up and current (antique vehicle) tags.

C S Lewis