Author Topic: This Is Why We Will Never Register Our Guns Or Cooperate With Government Mandates  (Read 19701 times)

Offline RoosGirl

America is not "every other country".  We have a Constitution with a Second Amendment and a guarantee against seizure of property without just compensation, or the due process of law.

The answer cannot be that you have the "right" to decide for yourself which laws you will ignore.  That is anarchy.   

The DOJ is currently and has been confiscating assets of people acused of drug crimes prior to trial, ie without due process of law.  It's already happening. But you are trying to convince us that in the case of firearms that won't happen.  I'm sure you can understand why several of us are telling you to take your gun registration and go pound sand.

Offline thackney

Failure in what way?  That people have not registered?  Have lawbreakers been caught and prosecuted?  Then the law is working as intended. 

I simply doubt that most of the cockerels here have the courage of their own words.

You think 20% known non-compliance is a success rate?  What number of unknown handguns do you think exists on top of the legally purchased ones that greatly added to that rate?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When registration leads to confiscation and prosecution like in CA (does anybody remember the original topic?), it will be said to have "worked."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Failure in what way?  That people have not registered?  Have lawbreakers been caught and prosecuted?  Then the law is working as intended. 

I simply doubt that most of the cockerels here have the courage of their own words.

Sure thing buddy.  I can tell you with 99.9% certainty, that any attempt to register guns in my state of Texas will fail miserably.

Lot's of lake accidents the past 20 years. (As if any would ever ask)  :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

@thackney
To be fair most of those cars stolen in CA end up in Mexico....

But they are registered.  How could they possibly cross the tightly controlled border?  Surely firearms would be as strictly controlled even if easier to hide.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. Thomas Jefferson

I can find dozens more.

Henry David Thoreau had something to say about civil disobedience.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Henry David Thoreau had something to say about civil disobedience.

So did Benjamin Franklin.

Oceander

Strawman.  Most of the population already had insurance before the Obamacare rules.  Most adults understand the need for insurance.

Not a straw man.  Did you refuse to cooperate with the law?  No.  You went along with it. 

You’ll go along with gun registration, too, if for no other reason than that you’re too scared to face a perp-walk.

Oceander

Sure thing buddy.  I can tell you with 99.9% certainty, that any attempt to register guns in my state of Texas will fail miserably.

Lot's of lake accidents the past 20 years. (As if any would ever ask)  :silly:

Doubt it would be that high.  And most of the refuseniks won’t be the desk jockeys here. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
/snicker

Guff and bravado.  Tell me, did you refuse to buy Obamacare-compliant insurance, and did you pay the Obamacare penalty, or did you dutifully sign up for qualifying insurance?

@Oceander
No, I provide my own insurance.  Which I purchased because having decent insurance is necessary in the current medical environment.  I used to carry catastrophic insurance only which met my needs at the time.

At no time did I buy insurance because the govt said I had to.  Nor did I buy it through a marketplace.

And since the only insurance you can buy now is obamacare compliant I guess my policy probably meets that definition.   At a much greater cost I might add.

as for Bravado, I've personally seen where people don't have freedom.   I have done my part to protect our freedoms from those who wish to take it away and will continue to do so.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

Not a straw man.  Did you refuse to cooperate with the law?  No.  You went along with it. 

You are ignoring I made no changes and had no action related to it.

You’ll go along with gun registration, too, if for no other reason than that you’re too scared to face a perp-walk.

Go ahead and believe as you like.  I'll do what I believe necessary.  I have great fear of being disarmed.

Oceander

@Oceander
No, I provide my own insurance.  Which I purchased because having decent insurance is necessary in the current medical environment.  I used to carry catastrophic insurance only which met my needs at the time.

At no time did I buy insurance because the govt said I had to.  Nor did I buy it through a marketplace.

And since the only insurance you can buy now is obamacare compliant I guess my policy probably meets that definition.   At a much greater cost I might add.

as for Bravado, I've personally seen where people don't have freedom.   I have done my part to protect our freedoms from those who wish to take it away and will continue to do so.

Exactly.  You complied, simply because the government gave you the right incentives. 

If you become subject to a registration law, you’ll bend over and take it as well, with similar incentivization.

Offline driftdiver

@Oceander
No, I think what you would see is more of an active approach are eliminating those who are attacking our freedom and our rights.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Calling another man a coward?

Those used to be called Fighting Words.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline driftdiver

Exactly.  You complied, simply because the government gave you the right incentives. 

If you become subject to a registration law, you’ll bend over and take it as well, with similar incentivization.

@Oceander
The govt didn't GIVE me diddly.  I worked for money and I paid for a product.

As for registration.  Like I said, if you're so confident why don't you start the process personally.   Or would you rely on the GOVT and their guns to attack law abiding citizens to fuel your utopian fantasy?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 02:54:56 pm by driftdiver »

Offline driftdiver

Calling another man a coward?

Those used to be called Fighting Words.

@To-Whose-Benefit?
Funny how he's hiding behind the govt but calling other people cowards.

The tree of liberty needs to be watered.

Offline thackney

King George had similar thoughts, as have other tyrants.  In the end, most results did not go their way.  Some are still in progress.

You believe Canada is more freedom cherishing that Americans?  Is that why their gun registration failed and the government gave up?

You believe with that recent history we will jump at compliance here? 

Good luck with that:

Offline skeeter

@Oceander

Your situation is very similar to mine. Although I went without any health insurance at all from between 2012 and 2015. At +50 years old thats a big deal.

I will not publicly say anything regarding my personal intent to comply with upcoming guns laws, though. In spite of the obvious baiting.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 02:56:49 pm by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

So States Ban Bump Stocks. Now How Do They Enforce the Law?

Bump stock owners tell their legislators to FOAD . . .

Under New Jersey’s new bump-stock ban, which was approved in January, residents were supposed to destroy or turn in their bump stocks by mid-April.

So far, New Jersey State Police say, they have not received a single one.

It’s hard to know for sure, but Americans could own as many as 520,000 bump stocks, according to estimates from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Many of the devices are untraceable, in part because they don’t have serial numbers.

New Jersey is not the only state having trouble enforcing its ban. In Massachusetts, where residents had until February to surrender their bump stocks, State Police received just three devices. The Bay State’s ban, which passed in November, is a felony.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/05/daniel-zimmerman/472495/

:whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Doubt it would be that high.  And most of the refuseniks won’t be the desk jockeys here.

I don't know what liberal lovin' hell hole you live in, but apparently you don't know that much about Texas.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't know what liberal lovin' hell hole you live in, but apparently you don't know that much about Texas.

He doesn't understand a damn thing about the resolve of a Texan either.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Ohh?   I purposely didn't check the IRS box on medical coverage to see what would happen.

Golly geez....   Nothing yet.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:19:12 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline thackney

Or even New Jersey according to @txradioguy post.  100% non-compliance.

Amazing how government control mentality folks ignore reality and recent history.

Offline driftdiver

Your situation is very similar to mine. Although I went without any health insurance at all from between 2012 and 2015. At +50 years old thats a big deal.

I will not publicly say anything regarding my personal intent to comply with upcoming guns laws, though. In spite of the obvious baiting.

@skeeter
Probably wise, which is not something I'm usually accused of.

The left has pushed their agenda unhindered for decades.  No more, I am going to speak out and push back on these scum who want to destroy America.

Offline driftdiver

Or even New Jersey according to @txradioguy post.  100% non-compliance.

Amazing how government control mentality folks ignore reality and recent history.

@thackney
So we cannot register illegal immigrants because there are too many of em.  Isn't that what the left tells us?    when there's probably about 20 million of em.

There are about 100 million gun owners and approximately 300 million firearms.