Author Topic: Nikki Haley blocks UN statement on Gaza violence, walks out on Palestinian envoy  (Read 2047 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nikki Haley blocks UN statement on Gaza violence, walks out on Palestinian envoy
by Joel Gehrke
 | May 15, 2018 03:41 PM

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Tuesday blocked a call for an international investigation into Israel's tactics in clashes with Gaza protesters, and blamed Iran and terrorist proxies for causing the violence.

“In recent days, Hamas terrorists, backed by Iran, have incited attacks against Israeli security forces and infrastructure,” Haley told the U.N. Security Council during a Tuesday session. “There is far too little discussion in the Security Council on Iran’s destabilizing presence in Syria, its promotion of violence in Yemen, its support for terrorism in Gaza, and its dangerous and illegal weapons buildup in Lebanon.”

Trump and Israeli officials drew widespread condemnation on Monday, as thousands of Palestinians protested the opening of the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem. Dozens of Palestinians were killed in the ensuing clashes.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/nikki-haley-blocks-un-statement-on-gaza-violence-walks-out-on-palestinian-envoy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

She's hard core. I like that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Make it a foursome!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

Good job!

Offline Fantom

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Polly Ticks

I do like Nikki Haley's style.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline goodwithagun

Haven’t checked out tos. What are the odds they’re still bitching about the stars and bars?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And what makes it worse for the PLO is that it's a woman that turned her back to them and walked out.

Big insult to a Muslim.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And what makes it worse for the PLO is that it's a woman that turned her back to them and walked out.

Big insult to a Muslim.

:thumbsup:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline Millee

She's hard core. I like that.

I'd like her to be our first woman President.   :patriot:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

That's an interesting thought.  She surely has backbone.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Until something as simple as recognizing the right of Israel to exist occurs,  I have limited sympathy for the Palestinian/Arab cause. Not only that, I couldn't listen to much but Michael Medved was pointing out yesterday, how past censuses showed Jews to be the majority over there, from Roman times, Egyptian... and I know they were there in the early 20th century; soccer clubs established in the 1920s and maybe even before have existed there in their Maccabi league.  It's really a bunch of rubbish that we are going through all this and it's too bad, people have to learn the hardway.

Offline GrouchoTex

Not a bad idea.

Offline SirLinksALot

Nikki Haley Walks Out of UN As Palestinian Envoy Starts Speaking
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 04:44:19 pm »
SOURCE: TOWNHALL

URL: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/05/16/nikki-haley-walks-out-of-un-as-palestinian-envoy-starts-speaking-n2481279

by Cortney O'Brien

U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley made quite the statement on the Middle East at Tuesday's Security Council meeting - and it had nothing to do with her speech. After the ambassador had finished condemning Hamas for the violence on the Gaza-Israel border this week and Palestinian Ambassador Riyad H. Mansour instead began condemning Israeli forces, she got up and left.

Nikki Haley walking out as Palestine's envoy to the UN begins to speak pretty much summarizes the US stance towards the Palestinians. pic.twitter.com/3GJJM48ewK

— ian bremmer (@ianbremmer) May 15, 2018

Half of Twitter loved her symbolic exit. The other half decried it as shameful and undiplomatic.

Violence erupted in Gaza this week as the new U.S. embassy in Israel opened in Jerusalem. Several top U.S. officials were there for the ceremony, including Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner. President Trump recorded a video address for the occasion, reiterating the U.S.'s hope for peace in the region. In his own remarks, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu thanked Trump for his courage and his friendship.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Me too.

Yeah, me three.  She is one tough broad and won't take any sh*t from those corrupt nations in the U.N.  She's a breath of fresh air.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Haven’t checked out tos. What are the odds they’re still bitching about the stars and bars?

@goodwithagun I check the site out almost daily.  Not so much about the comments, but they manage to find so many interesting news stories.  But they've become a pretty bland bunch lately.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Was this good theater?  Sure.  Will Haley's picture be framed and hung in the Knesset?  Probably.

But I don't know what was accomplished by this dramatic walkout --- unless the purpose was to tell the world the US has relinquished its role as a fair broker in the Mideast peace process.   :shrug:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Was this good theater?  Sure.  Will Haley's picture be framed and hung in the Knesset?  Probably.

But I don't know what was accomplished by this dramatic walkout --- unless the purpose was to tell the world the US has relinquished its role as a fair broker in the Mideast peace process.   :shrug:

Maybe it was to tell the world that the U.S. will not be bullied by the usual crap spewed at the United Nations.  Next to getting out of the UN altogether, having Nikki there is the next best thing.

Maybe it was to tell the world that the U.S. will not be bullied by the usual crap spewed at the United Nations. 

She did that by blocking the UN resolution against Israel and very clearly through her speech.  I don't see what her walking out accomplished.  This tells the world the US won't even listen to the Palestinians ... so we can't be serious about negotiating a fair peace agreement.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:41:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
She did that by blocking the UN resolution against Israel and very clearly through her speech.  I don't see what her walking out accomplished.

It was a symbolic gesture and got some publicity. 

It was a symbolic gesture and got some publicity.

No doubt.  And not helpful.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

She did that by blocking the UN resolution against Israel and very clearly through her speech.  I don't see what her walking out accomplished.  This tells the world the US won't even listen to the Palestinians ... so we can't be serious about negotiating a fair peace agreement.
Are you serious?  You really believe after all these 'peace processess' over the decades this hurts an agreement?

The only agreement that will bring peace there is the gun to the head that symbolizes strength over just talking.

Kerry and Albright are the perfect pitchmen for talking peace and getting no results.  Haley is the opposite: peace through strength.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Why exactly should we listen to the Palis?  They aren't even a real nationality.  They are Arabs who happened to live in what used to be known as Palestine.

Hell even their most famous leader was from Egypt.  That we should treat them as a "people without a home" is a fairy tale cultivated by the Arab countries in the region and promulgated by a sympathetic Liberal press and political ideology in the West.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:21:28 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!